I spent $1500 building a gaming pc and then I realized that most games are really boring

Home Forums General & off-topic I spent $1500 building a gaming pc and then I realized that most games are really boring

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I spent $1500 on building a gaming pc and then I realized that most games are really boring and shitty and I don’t enjoy them. What now?

Anonymous

More specifically, what can I do with a gaming pc besides play games?

Anonymous

Well you can shove it up your homosexual butt… That might help a little.

Anonymous

install gentoo

Anonymous

mine crypto

Anonymous

install linux

Anonymous

>linux needs a high end pc to even install
        no thanks

Anonymous

untrue

More specifically, what can I do with a gaming pc besides play games?

install linux and do some CUDA shit with face generators and AI or whatever. Or play quake 3 at 1000 fps. code some cool project like a web browser you can control from IRC, i dunno

Anonymous

Ok boomer. have a nice day before the heart attack does.

Anonymous

Emulate classic consoles, arcades, whatever.

If anything, Linux is far less demanding on the hardware than modern Windows.

Anonymous

>If anything, Linux is far less demanding on the hardware than modern Windows.
            how?

Anonymous

By being actually good.

Anonymous

Literally the opposite is true.

Anonymous

Tell the scrotes who spend mega bucks on some Threadripper system so they can >le compile browsers on their >le gentoo system

Anonymous

Actual schizo

Anonymous

Sell it and buy a Nintendo switch. Get a system capable of running Linux, and a few emulators for older games.

Anonymous

In other words, buy a Steam Deck.

Anonymous

I mean if you want, but that’s stupid. Just install steam and wait for the update. It’s going to be free anon.

Anonymous

try "merge nymphs" CG uncensored

Anonymous

Mine, memechine learning, lend your gpu for 3ds homebrewing, 3d modelling, cfd? or some other bullshit simulations, install cemu and yuzu

Anonymous

This list might help https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/pc/filtered

My favorite games of all time is the Mass Effect series.

Anonymous

>My favorite games of all time is the Mass Effect series.

I know this statement is overused but this is truly shit taste. How did it get this bad anon?

Anonymous

I like the Lore I even contributed to the wiki and bought the books.

Anonymous

I’m samescrote, also Half-Life 2 is a must

Anonymous

xbox is unironically better than PC nowadays. It’s sad but true.

Anonymous

>xbox
        can you run linux on it?

Anonymous

The first one, yes

Anonymous

get a ps3 if you wanna do that.

Anonymous

Yellow dog Linux is disconinued, is there still any reason to use a PS3 for Linux?

Anonymous

In what way? It can do nothing besides gaming, on top of all this:
        https://www.tomsguide.com/features/the-true-cost-of-xbox-series-x-what-you-need-to-know

Anonymous

>In what way?
          Are you serious? Do you live under a rock? For a few hundred dollars you can play 4k 60 FPS triple A titles. While a GPU is two thousand dollars. The price of an automobile. JUST for the GPU. Never mind the DDR4, 8 core CPU, motherboard, 750 watt PSU, case, windows activation license, what else? 100 dollar mouse? 500 dollar monitor? What kind of crystal meth are you smoking?

Anonymous

There was a brief period where PC gaming was affordable and the term ‘entry level’ applied. That time is long gone. Crypto put PC gaming in a coffin.

Anonymous

>For a few hundred dollars you can play 4k 60 FPS triple A titles.
            It’s not a few hundred dollars as the article clearly shows. I’d say a high refresh rate 4K TV is also necessary if you don’t have one, so add that to the cost as well. It’s also not 4K let alone at max settings, it’s fancy upscaled 1440p.
            >While a GPU is two thousand dollars. The price of an automobile. JUST for the GPU. Never mind the DDR4, 8 core CPU, motherboard, 750 watt PSU, case, windows activation license, what else? 100 dollar mouse? 500 dollar monitor? What kind of crystal meth are you smoking?
            I’m not smoking anything, those prices aren’t permanent. It’s comparable to what happened in 2017. and then one day bitcoin mining became unprofitable on anything but ASICS machines and the value tanked.

Anonymous

cope

Anonymous
            Anonymous

And paying for a freaking Windows license and giving Microsoft of all companies money… Get the fuck out of here.

Anonymous

little Jimmy building his first gaming PC is not using kms_vl_all scripts. Get real.
              He’s gonna buy an xbox and play fornite.

Anonymous

>paying for windows and not using KMSpico or some other software to trick your system into thinking you have a license

Anonymous
                Anonymous
              Anonymous

And paying for a freaking Windows license and giving Microsoft of all companies money… Get the fuck out of here.

>For a few hundred dollars you can play 4k 60 FPS triple A titles.
              It’s not a few hundred dollars as the article clearly shows. I’d say a high refresh rate 4K TV is also necessary if you don’t have one, so add that to the cost as well. It’s also not 4K let alone at max settings, it’s fancy upscaled 1440p.
              >While a GPU is two thousand dollars. The price of an automobile. JUST for the GPU. Never mind the DDR4, 8 core CPU, motherboard, 750 watt PSU, case, windows activation license, what else? 100 dollar mouse? 500 dollar monitor? What kind of crystal meth are you smoking?
              I’m not smoking anything, those prices aren’t permanent. It’s comparable to what happened in 2017. and then one day bitcoin mining became unprofitable on anything but ASICS machines and the value tanked.

You literally don’t live in reality. Delusional trannies.

Anonymous

How can I be delusional when I’m sitting here, typing this post on a computer with no legal license key yet I am fully able to rice my desktop with animu wallpapers
                you roodypoo

Anonymous

Look here you little scrote. I’m not talking about me and you. How the fuck can you not understand? Normies are not going to use scripts to activate windows. They are going to buy a license. G2A or whatever. Got it?

Anonymous

funny this wasn’t even what the thread was about in the first place. they’re just so freaking autistic they got obsessed over one point in the original post.

>In what way?
                    Are you serious? Do you live under a rock? For a few hundred dollars you can play 4k 60 FPS triple A titles. While a GPU is two thousand dollars. The price of an automobile. JUST for the GPU. Never mind the DDR4, 8 core CPU, motherboard, 750 watt PSU, case, windows activation license, what else? 100 dollar mouse? 500 dollar monitor? What kind of crystal meth are you smoking?

Anonymous

>everyone who has even a slight disagreement with me is trans
                Are you alright buddy?

Anonymous

Can you still use torrent on xbox?
        I used to torrent movies and play them on Kodi/VLC years ago.

Anonymous

Only because of the current GPU market.

Anonymous

sell everything, put everything in crypto

Anonymous

>I spent $1500 on building a gaming pc and then I realized that most games are really boring and shitty and I don’t enjoy them.
      For me it was $1000

Anonymous

You have GPU. Start doing math involving vectors. Physics simulations.

Anonymous

machine learning
      crypto mining
      [email protected]
      generate tripcodes
      render 3d animations

Anonymous

Use it to mine crypto and learn to code? So you can get money. Stop being basic OP.

Anonymous

I spent $3000 in a PC but I mostly play BF1 and RDR2 a couple of hours a week. But it’s worth it for me.

Anonymous

Blender
      make your own game
      machine learning shit

Anonymous

>when build expensive PC is more fun than play videa
      We all know that feeling…

Anonymous

play modded stalker
      you’ll need good pc for that

Anonymous

Oblivion, assassins creed, fallout 3

Anonymous

Play the same old game you love and get 250fps 4k

I wish more people played bf1942. It’s still got full 72 player servers and what’s really funny is there are the same kind of edgy conservative internet racists you find here playing as Nazis and all the Nazis speak in German unless you turn it to all English. Argue about Trump and covid nonstop. It’s free at abandon ware games . Net. Bunch of other good games on that site too.

Anonymous

>Game I love is locked to 60fps and 640×480

Anonymous

Play modded Persona 4 Golden or Persona 5 with RPCS3. 🙂

Anonymous

Modern Games Are Shit.
      Play emulated 8/16bit games and have fun again.

Anonymous

>started half life 2
      >one of the names in the credits is "Greg Coomer"
      epic

Anonymous

Mine crypto. Install gentoo

Anonymous

Sell the gpu for profit potentially. Aside from that, it’s just a fast computer innit? Enjoy, with the internal gpu

as a nigerian

Anonymous

Read a book

Anonymous

sell your GPU for $3K

Anonymous

emulate and play old vidya, take up flight simming or some other intensive task if you’re autistic enough for it, or sell
      enjoy your normie life. most of us will never get the chance.

Anonymous

crack hashes, hack into accounts and Ransom people with Doxxes. you’ll have that PC payed off in a couple of months tops. Do everything over Tor and practice good OpSec and the glowies will ignore you. They want to real low hanging fruit. Easy targets are easy wins and india, Russia and china are full of them.

Anonymous

make fangames for amigas

Anonymous

play old school runescape, that’s what I’ve been mostly doing with my gayming pc

Anonymous

>What now?
      Learn 3D design and use the horsepower you’ve got for something.

Anonymous

Same, but mine was also for video editing so I still have what to do

Anonymous

Play guilty gear strive
      You can also do cool shit like work with art and edit videos, a gpu isn’t only for gaming, hell if you’re lucky enough to have a 5700xt you can flip it for damn near a grand now or mine with it.

Anonymous

>most games are really boring and shitty and I don’t enjoy them. What now?
      Most isn’t all.
      Play some of the truly good games like Factorio or Kerbal Space Program.

Anonymous

play cities skylines. it’s a really chill game where you watch your city that you built grow over time.

Anonymous

>and then I realized that most games are really boring and shitty
      >most games
      So find the ones that aren’t shit and play those? Not sure what the issue is.

Anonymous

>I realized that most games are really boring and shitty and I don’t enjoy them. What now?
      what about you use your 1500 dollah rig to CREATE games, learn 3d. Your pc will be good for faster rendering etc.

Anonymous

Every low budget/indie game looks and plays like total shit. The only way to make a good game by yourself is if it’s 2D, or if it’s something voxelly like minecraft (which doesn’t require any 3D design because everything is made of blocks).

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id