I am leaving the Catholic Church to become a Lutheran

Home Forums General & off-topic I am leaving the Catholic Church to become a Lutheran

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am leaving the Catholic Church to become a Lutheran

Dirk

Woke af

Anonymous

https://i.4cdn.org/his/1633171447365.webm

basef

One of the best decisions I ever made.
        I had very earnest conversations with trusted priests and other people in my former Catholic community, really trying hard to work my way through spiritual issues. But I found the major roadblock was not my own wanting of Christ but how the Catholic church was set up that was impeding spiritual progress. Eventually this led to further questioning and I had a harder and harder time accepting the whole premise. I now believe apostolic succession is a bit of a survival of the fittest situation where the prevailing orthodoxy is presumed to be true because it’s lead by the Holy Spirit and it must be the exclusive truth because it has stomped, censored, burned, excommunicated, and otherwise destroyed all of its rivals.

Many Catholics and Orthodox ask Protestants questions like, "What did the Christians of x year think about this issue" and they have some strong supporting arguments with church fathers but from just looking at the scripture it’s clear that the message of Christ was immediate and overabundant in grace towards anyone who believed in him, even those who only confessed belief in the last moments of their life or people who made the most basic signs of faith like the woman who thought she would be healed by merely touching the clothing of Christ. They did not have orthodoxy or works, merely faith and Hope with a capital H. In Lutheran theology in particular I find this overabundance of grace as it’s so called very evident and I soon stopped asking, "What does tradition hold" and started asking, "If Jesus was right in front of me what would be true".

In thinking of faith as a matter of how Christ has saved me more than what I must do to be worthy of communion or confession or to be saved I ironically find myself doing far good works while not living in constant despair over what Christ has called "his light yoke" that is the faith.

Anonymous

all these cringe tik tok pastors are Unitarians.

Anonymous

This one is from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

Anonymous
        Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

I just left my Protestant church to become a Catholic. Have fun on the other side.

Thank you for the reminder.

Anonymous

basef

Anonymous

Checked

Anonymous

>I am leaving Jesus to join Lucifer

Anonymous

One of the best decisions I ever made.
      I had very earnest conversations with trusted priests and other people in my former Catholic community, really trying hard to work my way through spiritual issues. But I found the major roadblock was not my own wanting of Christ but how the Catholic church was set up that was impeding spiritual progress. Eventually this led to further questioning and I had a harder and harder time accepting the whole premise. I now believe apostolic succession is a bit of a survival of the fittest situation where the prevailing orthodoxy is presumed to be true because it’s lead by the Holy Spirit and it must be the exclusive truth because it has stomped, censored, burned, excommunicated, and otherwise destroyed all of its rivals.

Many Catholics and Orthodox ask Protestants questions like, "What did the Christians of x year think about this issue" and they have some strong supporting arguments with church fathers but from just looking at the scripture it’s clear that the message of Christ was immediate and overabundant in grace towards anyone who believed in him, even those who only confessed belief in the last moments of their life or people who made the most basic signs of faith like the woman who thought she would be healed by merely touching the clothing of Christ. They did not have orthodoxy or works, merely faith and Hope with a capital H. In Lutheran theology in particular I find this overabundance of grace as it’s so called very evident and I soon stopped asking, "What does tradition hold" and started asking, "If Jesus was right in front of me what would be true".

In thinking of faith as a matter of how Christ has saved me more than what I must do to be worthy of communion or confession or to be saved I ironically find myself doing far good works while not living in constant despair over what Christ has called "his light yoke" that is the faith.

Anonymous

Is the canon of scripture infallible?

Anonymous

No and I do not believe the Bible is inerrant either, and I base my reasoning solely on an individualistic perspective so yours and most really will vary, my perspective is also not fully orthodox according to my denomination.
          Looking back at the first century or two of Christianity we see a diversity of texts considered scripture including some writings of the apostolic fathers that were almost considered scripture such as the Didache but ultimately were not decided as revealed scripture. Therefore I hold that to be a believing Christian is not dependent on adhering to a specific set of books , especially when it took hundreds of years before any Christian could have a definitive answer to this problem in the first place.
          My basis of necessary information to not be considered heretic and to be considered a saved Christian is far more lax than most nowadays. I would accept that even many Mormons or Jehova’s Witnesses are saved despite the obvious heresy all over the place in their churches, and I also consider most Catholic or Orthodox saved though I reject apostolic succession wholesale. While it is obviously good to call out people who distort the faith our purpose as Christians is not to divide and rule according to a specific line in the sand, as Jesus himself has shown in his example to forgive anyone who has showed even the slightest faith in him. I assume you like most Christians believe in the fewness of the saved, while personally I believe that any who calls Jesus their Lord and acts as such is saved. I agree with much of David Bentley Hart in "That All Shall Be Saved" even though we are on completely opposite ends of the Christian spectrum.

Anonymous

>Fantastic news anons! Welcome to your new church, this is your new bishop. Come inside, tonight there is a holy wedding! Kevin and John are gonna profess their oaths of eternal love in front of God, exactly as them (we cant know which gender God would prefer, so better be neutral!) ordered in the holy scriptures

Anonymous

Protestantism BTFO

Anonymous

Protestantism BTFO

https://i.4cdn.org/his/1633171447365.webm

[…]
          […]

Nice, for Marriage Equality?

When will Catholics realise that they can show as many images as they want, at the end of day they’re more accepting of homosexuality than Protestants and Orthodox (and far more than Evangelicals).
          >b-but muh tradcath discord server told me
          Younger Catholics are far more accepting of gay marriage than older. And in Germany Roman Catholic priests are blessing gay marraiges.

Anonymous

>And in Germany Roman Catholic priests are blessing gay marraiges.
            damn…all this time thinking it was the protestant part that made you homos…when it was actually the german part.

Anonymous

Opinions of laity can be wrong. What matters is what the church teaches.

With Protestants, all men are their own popes so whenever any prot decides they wanna affirm homosexuality, they do.

Anonymous

>Opinions of laity can be wrong. What matters is what the church teaches.
              Since we’ve already got pro-gay bishops, and Francis is turning a blind eye, question of time before we get a pro-gay pope (even if you don’t count Francis as such)
              >With Protestants, all men are their own popes so whenever any prot decides they wanna affirm homosexuality, they do.
              If you’re going to say that, that also means that posting these images is not relevant to anyone but the persons on the images

Anonymous

Things can be two ways, whole and unified or it can be splintered. If you affirm the protestant doctrine then you accept all that comes with all the splits, all the heresies and the gay sex.

Anonymous

>Things can be two ways, whole and unified or it can be splintered.
                  False dichotomy. You can recognize that they’re some difference of opinion while still seeing those as part of orthodox Christianity (Catholics also don’t agree on everything) while other beliefs take one out of orthodox Christianity.

Anonymous

>What matters is what the church teaches.
              That abortion and homosexuality is okay? Because the Catholic Church actively chooses not to take a stand against these issues.

Anonymous

No take a stand is still better than allowing and even encouraring it, like the vast majority of Lutheran "churches" do nowadays

Dirk

>Vast majority
                  Citation?
                  Also, does proportion matter? If there are Lutheran communions (there are) who take a firm stance against these things then those churches are better than the rcc which is inconsistent

Anonymous

If so, they are a minority within their own church. Exactly like they minority catholic germans which marries scrote

Dirk

No, they’re a different church.
                      Are they the minority? You tell me

If you’re a catholic, you are at this moment in communion with those German and american catholics who encouraging homosexuality

Anonymous

I’d much rather be in communion with those scrotes while going to the Latin mass than going to some german autism derived larp with an acoustic guitar.
                        you are and the scrote enablers are equally damned to hell no matter how "woke af" you pretend to be

Dirk

Goalposts

Anonymous

>from the man that doesn’t know that the anglican church and the church of england are the same thing
                        yea the goal for you should be basic adding and subtractions not online discourse

en kan het zijn dat je een hollander bent? Dirk is een voornam die nogal uniek is aan de Nederlandse taal.

Dirk

ik ben niet

Anonymous

well the lack of grammar convinced me even google translate would do better

but the point still stands that you don’t know that all anglican churches are part of the church of england and thus scrote "bishop" churches. yet love to prattle about protties being woke af and relevant.
                        go lurk, read a book and try not to make such an ass off your self.

Dirk

Anglican communion is not synonymous with church of England

Anonymous

>en kan het zijn dat je een hollander bent? Dirk is een voornam die nogal uniek is aan de Nederlandse taal.
                        Hoe zit het met jou dan?

Anonymous

>Seething about pastor Bob bringing his banjo to church
                        >Muh Latin mass
                        The absolute state of catholics

Anonymous

>while going to the Latin mass
                        Francis is doing everything he can to stop that 🙂

Anonymous

At the end of the day, you got gay marriage, we don’t. Cope.

Anonymous

>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57055162
              >Priests in around 100 Catholic churches in Germany are offering blessings to same-sex couples from Monday.
              >Thousands of German priests and church employees have also signed a petition calling on the Church to extend blessings to same-sex couples, while some parishes have also displayed rainbow flags outside churches.

Anonymous

>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57055162
            >Priests in around 100 Catholic churches in Germany are offering blessings to same-sex couples from Monday.
            >Thousands of German priests and church employees have also signed a petition calling on the Church to extend blessings to same-sex couples, while some parishes have also displayed rainbow flags outside churches.

They are considered borderline schismatic even by the current cucked Pope, that claimed homo marriage is never ever because not even a Pope can change an Apostolic comandment (Pauline letters), and so litterally no catholic church in the glob outside these cucked germans consider their homo marriages rituals legit. Cope seethe etc.

Anonymous

What the fuck does "accepted by society" even mean?

Anonymous

>In thinking of faith as a matter of how Christ has saved me more than what I must do to be worthy of communion or confession or to be saved I ironically find myself doing far good works while not living in constant despair over what Christ has called "his light yoke" that is the faith.

he doesn’t know about the new perspective on Paul

There is no Sola Fide in the bible, buddy. that was just Luther/Calvin’s poor exegesis on Paul.
        You better start doing some good deeds, taking care of the widows and orphans because God is watching you.

Anonymous

Is everything okay at home son?

Anonymous

The boy has made his decision. You would be wise not to let me see you anywhere near him again.

Anonymous

take a look at those grabbers!

(why he wearing a skirt, though?)

Anonymous

Protestants have divinely inspired books but claim the canon is NOT infallible.

I’ll just leave that there.

Anonymous

That’s too bad, the whole point of leaving Catholicism should be to become a Christian.

Anonymous

have a nice day

Anonymous

Nice, for Marriage Equality?

Jesus

good. now take another booster shot, asap

Anonymous

OK

Anonymous

Good, you won’t be missed.

Dirk

Do you unironically believe this exchange happened?

Anonymous

Why are all tripscrotes such colossal cocksuckers?

Anonymous

They craves (you)’s and build their own personal reputation in an anynymous board, Ignore them by (you)s starving is the best way to free ourselves from their presence

Anonymous

You’d think the little scrotes would realise that reddit would be a better place for them if they so desperately crave attention. They must be pathetically stupid as well as just stupidly pathetic.

Anonymous

they are the overflow from reddit
            they said on of the 5 million no no words on reddit triggered the literal chud moderation pyramid and got b&ned
            not only are the reddit dumb. they are can’t make a new account and get a new IP dumb

Anonymous

I’m leaving my wife to shack up with another man

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

>I am leaving denomination X and joining denomination Y because it doesn’t suit my fringe political positions
      Absolute state of christian "faith"

Anonymous

You didn’t leave God simply revealed the falsehood of the papist cult to you, the same happened to me, I thank God everyday I was shown the light, bless you.

Anonymous

thanks for the blog update kiddo

Anonymous

Woke af. I’m a chicano that converted so I can larp as a WASP

Anonymous

shame you became lutheran and not Baptist, lutherans still cling too much to catholic traditions

Anonymous

Because Confessional Lutherans are the true Catholic Church. Traditions that don’t contradict scripture is a blessing. Do you sing hymns in church, celebrate Easter Sunday, or does your pastor wear vestments? Get rid of those traditions they aren’t in Scripture. The Radical Reformation was a mistake

Dirk

You have the radical reformation to thank for Lutheran pietism, without which all of Lutheranism would be the gay variety

Anonymous

That’s kinda cringe bro

Anonymous

Woke af. I left the Roman Catholic Church to become Catholic aka Presbyterian.

Anonymous

Woke af

Anonymous

If I’m interested in Christianity but don’t want to pick a specific fan club, can I just study the Bible and come to conclusions for myself?

Anonymous

Why not become Orthodox?

Anonymous

Praise the Lord. I am happy you have left the Papist church and joined the true Catholic Church. Ignore their straw man arguments. Those “Lutheran Churches” have strayed so far from Lutheran tradition that they can no longer be called Lutheran.

Dirk

I made this chart and I’m rethinking the tree. "Conservative" protestants like Edwards were definitely influenced by the enlightenment.
        Its also redundant to say "western protestant"

I’m not sure where to place the split or which categories to put them in other than liberal/conservative or fundamentalist/modernist, and those can be misleading since you don’t have to be a fundamentalist to be a theological conservative.
        I wish the two sides of "higher criticism" were the split but that’s not the case either

Anonymous

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

The Lutheran church is pozzed as fuck.

Göring fan

dont lie to yourself op you never were catholic

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I knew a Lutheran oncet. A pretty smart guy. He was a member of an offshoot of an offshoot of the Missouri Synod, but he actually believed that his tiny denomination was the one true Church.

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id