How plausible is this conspiracy theory about e-vehicles and reducing people’s travel?

Home Forums General & off-topic How plausible is this conspiracy theory about e-vehicles and reducing people’s travel?

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

A coworker of mine believes that this massive push towards electric vehicles in the last 10 years is part of a plan to condition the public into ceasing long distance trips, since you’ll have to stop every few hundred miles and take a 3hr lunch. The end goal being restricted interstate travel.

In other words, 20 years from now, if you want to go from LA to NYC, you’ll either need to fly (and you’ll be on a no fly list if you’ve ever said naughty things online) or you’ll need to apply for a passage permit to make a week long trip and get your butthole searched at 12 different border crossings.

Feasible scenario or nah

Anonymous

Globohomo has been trying to restrict traveling since the dawn of times, because why would you just let your source of money walk away. But no the electric car push is not a conspiracy, just money laundering.

Anonymous

scrotebrained. not only are electric cars getting more and more efficient, but they couldve done that by introducing anti-emission laws for gasoline vehicles, or just finding a way to increase gas prices

Anonymous

What’s unfeasible about this is the /poo/tard conspiracy theory brain required to think a vast global government conspiracy is in place to restrict people’s freedom for some reason, and that this is a more feasible theory than governments fumbling trying to find some way to reduce CO2 emissions or fossil fuel dependency.

Anonymous

>government conspiracy is in place to restrict people’s freedom
        Where have you being in the last 18 months?

Anonymous

In a first world country watching anti-vaxers darwin award themselves en-masse.

Anonymous

What is a PCR test?

Anonymous

still waiting for the mass deaths. Right now we’re living the blandest nuthinburger.

Anonymous

568,000 excess deaths really did happen in the US last year, and about 500,000 COVID deaths reported by the end of December 2020. That’s not nothing.

However their statistics keeping has been so full of shit that over half of those "COVID deaths" were really caused by something else. Not only are over half the PCR test results false positives,
              https://off-guardian.org/2021/03/27/making-something-out-of-nothing-pcr-tests-ct-values-and-false-positives/
              But the test we’ve been using can’t tell the difference between SARS-CoV-2 and influenza. So many of those people had the flu and weren’t treated for it,
              https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html
              Then when you consider that a COVID death is any death within 28 days of a positive test, the majority of these excess deaths are attributable to missed medical treatments. Consider that COVID is treatable and we’re obliged to pretend it isn’t, and almost ALL of these 568,000 were attributable to missed medical treatments.
              And there will be more due to people skipping checkups and cancer screenings.

Make no mistake about is, this isn’t a nothingburger. This is the biggest public health mistake in recent history

Anonymous

/poo/tards are in favor of incompetent and corrupt government though, they get mad at government competence. It’s why they spend all day yelling at the EU (which is pushing forward consumer trust laws that benefit the entire world).

Anonymous

Competent government = communism, according to /poo/
                  EU is far from competent though, and all the former Soviet members are corrupt to the bone.

Anonymous

I don’t live in the EU but their updated laws on consumer trust issues have provided benefit to the entirety of the tech sector and they have good privacy laws. That gives them props in my book, much better than US ‘rulings’ that literally always rule in favor of giant american megacorps like google and apple.

Anonymous

They do make some good laws occasionally.
                      But 90% of what the EU does is pump money around, mostly as farming/fishing subsidies but also loads of pet projects that leak money into the pockets of politicians.

Anonymous

That doesn’t have anything to do with what I said. Besides this bonked record keeping and doing the opposite of what they should be doing is a problem everywhere.

Anonymous

Most hospitals are paid to label a patient’s reason for death as Corona if they MAY have been exposed to get more money. The stats are inflated from the start. Plus, the tests are not accurate either.

Most likely the vaccine itself does not do harm, but just keeps pumping spike proteins that lead to false testing and this cycle of ‘having to get tested’ and forces people to get used to being tested, or risk having a ‘low social credit score’.

Anonymous

Yeah, I knew that, also they will give a hospital $13,000 for a COVID admission, and $39,000 instead if that patient goes on a ventilator.
                  However PCR tests do not look for proteins. They look for genetic material, either RNA or DNA, and they take samples from the mouth and nose, not the blood. The vaccines use genetic material that encodes for the spike protein but that eventually breaks down.
                  The vaccine results in a concentration of spike proteins and thus antibodies in capillaries, such as those in the lungs. This is why people who get the shot become asymptomatic carriers, because they have antibodies in their lungs but not in their noses where the virus can still replicate.

The vaccine is not harmless either. Spike proteins are not harmless, they cause clotting and inflammation. A drug that’s caused more deaths than all other vaccines in VAERS history combined is not harmless.

Anonymous

If anything, just avoid the shot, have your kids to avoid a "Children Of Men" scneario, and see what happens in a few years when the REAL results come in. Until then, I think its safe to say people could ignore it and the pressure altogether, despite what you might think. I also think the ‘paralysis’ videos are staged as well. Sounds crazy, but its a double-think take to only make Conservatives look stupid.

Stay Neutral, fellow Chads.

Anonymous

Excess death rates make the covid impact quite clear. Especially in the US. Of course depending on how much /poo/aid you drink, all these stats are deep state propaganda and only stats that support the covid-is-fake theory can be assumed to be sound.

Anonymous

Though there is a clear ‘2030 Plan’ that’s documented, its clear that’s FBI type shit that’s just put out in the open to make Conservatives look stupid.

They have moved the goalpost literally every 10 years, but OP zoomer moron doesn’t know. Even the 2030 plan was SUPPOSED to happen by 2020, but they kept moving it every 10 years. Its literally going to be dystopian type shit but in the FAR future unlike what OP Glowboy wants to hear.

Anonymous

Solar hacks. Double batteries. There are ways around this weak premise

Anonymous

I’m not opposed to bullet trains honestly.
      China has them and they seem to work pretty well.
      Yeah just keep the cars for short trips why not. I mean as long as they build the trains though.

Anonymous

Your coworker is a schitzo. There is a massive push to electric vehicles because they are far more efficient in pretty much every way. It’s not like people are travelling thousands of miles in their cars as a common thing anyway, and even that is possible and will become even more possible as batteries improve and fast charging becomes more common.

Anonymous

>since you’ll have to stop every few hundred miles and take a 3hr lunch.
      superchargers are a thing you know, only takes 15 minutes to get 200 miles of range

Anonymous

>since you’ll have to stop every few hundred miles and take a 3hr lunch
      >3 hours
      Anon, your information is outdated by a couple of years.

Anonymous

Tesla’s are just datamining machines on wheels, when u buy one your paying to be a beta tester for their data gathering schemes. That’s where the real money is, look into ford right now pivoting their whole line towards the same concept. Surveillance capitalism.

Anonymous

forget to take your pills this morning? The real galaxy brain take is our electrical grid needs the functional equivalent of water towers. Since it’s hard and expensive to store electricity "they" are going to do it with everyone’s car.

Anonymous

>Since it’s hard and expensive to store electricity "they" are going to do it with everyone’s car.

That’s true but it will be as simple as getting a discount on electricity at certain times, and smart home chargers that take advantage of the cheaper electricity.
        ie: you plug them in at 6PM, but it won’t start charging until about 9PM when prices are cheaper.

Anonymous

Aren’t you glad you posted this on LULZ so everyone can correctly call you a freaking scrotebrained ape instead of your boomer whatsapp group where you circlejerk your tech illiteracy?

Anonymous

Feasible, ever heard of COVID-19 and what ‘the government’ (sic!) did back then?

Anonymous

Jokes on them I have enough money to never work again if I live like a hobo and no family to be responsible for so I don’t mind if I die a horrible bicycle touring accident

Anonymous

>stop every few hundred miles and take a 3hr lunch.

Stop being scrotebrained
      It takes 20 minutes

Anonymous

Problem is that the fossil fuel reseve is not sufficient. The west has sucked their oil Arabs dry.

Anonymous

you’re focusing on a specific trade-off around electric cars and then you’re assuming that trade-off is deliberate and with a malicious intent. i can’t tell if this is a troll thread or if you’re deliberately scrotebrained like most conspiracy types.

Anonymous

idk about that, in 20 years time i imagine electric cars may be competitive if not even longer range than ice cars
      not to mention the last time i took a long interstate trip i had to refill my ice car and take a nap anyway, since it’s just not a good idea to drive for 20 hours straight anyway (though i have done that, wouldn’t really recommend it)
      having multiple drivers obviously can extend this, but you’re quickly pushing into pretty rare situations, most people have no desire/need to travel that far that often, and at a certain point it may even be cheaper to just take a domestic plane instead

Anonymous

> even longer range than ice cars
        Maybe if you are rich as fuck. When people think of electric cars they think of Tesla, but normal people cannot afford that shit. Even with the advancement of electric cars, they will never be as cheap as ICE cars, so normal people will forever be limited to driving tiny shit-boxes with 100 mile ranges.

Anonymous

yea, i figured someone would come back saying cheaper models will likely cap out at only average ranges just to minimise costs
          and i don’t doubt that at all, ICE will likely remain the best price/range ratio for the foreseeable future, possibly even into the decline of ICE vehicles
          i understand some people will not like that idea, but you have to also understand that most people don’t need 300 mile+ range cars, long range vehicles may become their own category

Anonymous

There are fairly affordable electric cars with decent range.
          Kia and Hyundai make some for example.

You do need to consider total cost of ownership.
          Electric cars are more expensive to purchase, but fuel and maintenance is much cheaper.
          They should also last longer, although car makers will always try to artificially shorten lifespans of course.

Anonymous

> fuel
            Depends on your mileage. If you do like 2000 miles a year, then you will never break even with even the most cheapest electric car. Also ICE maintenance is overrated, the engine is by far the most reliable part of the car, just stuff in some new oil every few years and its happy. All the maintenance costs that are significant also apply to electric cars, like bodywork, and tire wear.

Anonymous

Who drives only 2k per year?
              Get a bicycle instead.
              For most people, especially poor people, fuel costs are a big part of their annual budget. – In France thousands of peasants went on months long protests over a small gas price increase.

As for maintenance: EV’s also don’t have a clutch or gearbox – that’s where a lot of wear happens with ICE’s.

Anonymous

It’s not about making it slightly inconvenient since they can and eventually will put superchargers around hotels. Electric cars can be sold for more, and cost more to repair, even though according to one thread on /o/ cost about the same to make. And they really do pollute about half as much as a gas car over their entire lifetimes, which is good enough for politicians to invest in electric and ban gas. Never mind that 15 cargo ships pollute more than all cars on earth.

A car’s connection to the internet is FAR more likely to be abused to restrict your movement, since the car can be remotely instructed to refuse to start if you misbehave.

Anonymous

your "friend" is a freaking idiot and so are you

Anonymous

Why would the world care about US internal travel? Such narcissism.

Also 3 hours to charge? Stop reading FUD.

Anonymous

>a coworker of mine
      You shouldn’t believe shit from someone who works a job that requires a nametag and hat

Anonymous

>more travel restrictions, especially for dipshits who can’t clean their online presence
      >fewer tourist shitters in my area
      god I freaking wish, don’t threaten me with a good time

Anonymous

They just want to avoid another Oil crisis

Anonymous

>they
        >just
        >crisis
        How many is a bingo? 3? or 4? If it’s 3: Bingo!

Anonymous

Wish I had friends who came up with theories like this. The only two people I can call friends are normalscrotes

Anonymous

>Wish I had friends who came up with theories like this
        Why? So you can circlejerk about having a 2 digit IQ and end up having to take schizo medication together?

Anonymous

>stop every few hundred miles and take a 3hr lunch
      that`s common for amerifats either way

Anonymous

Very nice picture, anon.

Anonymous

How deep of a rabbit hole do you want to go anon? Of course this will all add to the monitoring of it’s country citizens. Electric cars will be easily monitored compared to a ICE and can be controlled or hacked if they want to.

Anonymous

Rail networks are well-developed in other parts of the world, so no. Not unless there were some unique benefit to restricting American interstate travel and not restricting European trans-continental travel.

Anonymous

You can still travel long distances with electric vehicles as long as you get the electricity from a hydrogen fuel cell instead of a battery.

Also this:

Anonymous

Hydrogen cars are the biggest meme.
          They combine all the drawbacks of gasoline cars with all the drawbacks of electric cars:
          – as expensive as the highest end electric cars
          – range is meh, despite tanks taking up huge amount of space.
          – can’t fuel at home
          – hydrogen is expensive (on par with gasoline)
          – maintenance costs are very high (fuel cells don’t last)

Anonymous

I don’t think this is the case as this would have happened already. They might try to force a social credit score, but it would be BTFO’d by too many people before it saw the light of day. You have to realize that there are people in Congress that aren’t stupid evil Liberals like Nancy Pelosi either. Only an idiot that doesn’t understand how much oil lobbyists have a strangehold on Congress would try to fathom thist

Plus, any thread like this on here –> You’re A Glowboy. Literally every thread that mentions this always mentions "Muh forced carpool / giant commuter trains to Amazon hellhole towns". –> This belongs on /poo/, tourist troll.

Anonymous

>pol

Anonymous

Realize that you can’t start the car at all if the manufacturer/government decides to blacklist it, unless you replace the software/ECU’s with something that you are in control of.

Anonymous

OP this is an anonymous site, man up and admit you’re only against electric cars because you mentally associate them with liberals.

Anonymous

>electrification only exists in the United States

Anonymous

The whole point of OP’s entire thread was that this restriction could exist in the US.

Anonymous

>since you’ll have to stop every few hundred miles and take a 3hr lunch
      more like 20 minutes

Anonymous

Here are the facts:
      The fist two nuclear fusion sites are already being built. Due to the absolutely precise building specifications needed, for example, some of the tolerances for level flooring are to within 0.2 of a millimetre across a 20 metre floor space, building is going slowly. By 2037 both reactors will be working and capable of supplying all the worlds energy needs. No more use for fossil fuels

Anonymous

You need to link up Anon to get your shit straight. Do you mean this:
        https://www.tweaktown.com/news/80062/jeff-bezos-backs-nuclear-fusion-plant-to-be-built-in-the-uk/index.html

Anonymous

Really? Where are they? I want to look this up.
        However two power plants can’t power the whole world. That’s ridiculous. To much energy will be lost in the transmission.

Anonymous

Also, these will be ‘deliberately’ hacked anyway. I highly doubt these will power the world since most countries will probably want their own. This is proving to be more of a Glowboy post with each successive post.

Anonymous

Nobody will want nuclear power as long as shitsrael has the backdoors and can literally sabotage reactors. they’re global terrorists that already have enough leverage over global society.

Anonymous

>and you’ll be on a no fly list if you’ve ever said naughty things online
      Dude they’re already tracking people "at most risk to the virus" here. By that, the machine means "people without the vaccine". That’s how bonked things are now.

Anonymous

Calm Down GLOWBOY

Anonymous

Get bonked, real GLOWBOY.
          see

Imagine thinking this when Lockheed says shit like this.

They already do this for wrong opinions.
          Most of us knew this, but we don’t care. Fuck the system.

Anonymous

Or you can just take a train. Oh, you don’t have trains, too bad.

Anonymous

[…]

There’s enough lithium to power the worlds transport needs. But recycling will become important at some point.

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id