How hasn’t the FAA shut down SpaceX at Boca Chica yet? The site is built on nature preserves

Home Forums General & off-topic How hasn’t the FAA shut down SpaceX at Boca Chica yet? The site is built on nature preserves

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

How hasn’t the FAA shut down SpaceX at Boca Chica yet? The site is built on and surrounded by nature preserves that are home to many threatened and endangered species including the Ocelot, Gulf Coast jaguarundi, Northern aplomado falcon, Piping plover, and the many endangered sea turtles that use the beach for their nesting grounds. It clearly threatens a rich natural environment and SpaceX has already been responsible for causing a 100 acre wildfire in the area. The activities by SpaceX are devastating for the local wildlife. Also, Musk has already violated agreements it has made with regulators and the State of Texas. Common Sense Skeptic made an excellent video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BavKuMDed0

Now, the FAA is doing an environmental assessment for exactly this reason and invites you, the public, to comment and voice your concerns. These poor animals and critters don’t have a voice and can’t stand up for themselves against the desires of this raving megalomaniac billionaire. So until November 1st, you can send your complaints to [email protected] and hopefully get the FAA do its job and shut these motherfuckers down.

https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-invites-public-comment-draft-environmental-review-spacex-starshipsuper-heavy-program

Anonymous

>nooo muh heckin’ wildlife! Muh nature!
      Haha, looks like humans win again.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I hope you die in a grease fire you piece of human waste. If you want to concern yourself with environmental damage, there are better issues to get behind than a few acres of land on a coastline that is literally hundreds of miles long. Get bonked, scrotebrain.
      >inb4 muskrat
      No, you obviously don’t give a fuck about the environment and just hate Musk. If you actually did care you’d be concerning yourself with ongoing large scale strip mining and clearcutting projects, affecting literally tens of thousands of acres and untold number of plant and animal life. Again, get bonked.

Anonymous

>I hope you die in a grease fire
        Sorry I don’t drive a Tesla
        >there are better issues to get behind than a few acres of land on a coastline that is literally hundreds of miles long
        Nice whataboutism. I guess the government environmental agencies tasked with protecting those environments should surrender that land and leave the fate of its animals to Musk’s benevolent hands.
        >you obviously don’t give a fuck about the environment and just hate Musk
        No I do which is why I’m sending a lengthy formal complaint to the FAA that this wildlife needs to be protected which means kicking SpaceX out of the area and encourage everyone else to do so as well. I love nature and humans are part of the biosphere. We depend on the environment and with our great power comes responsibility and a duty to do what we can to care for life on Earth, especially protecting the vulnerable and defenseless from senseless harm. This will also send a strong message to Musk that contrary to what he mihght believe, he is not all-powerful, above the law, and allowed to do whatever he wants.
        >If you actually did care you’d be concerning yourself with ongoing large scale strip mining and clearcutting projects, affecting literally tens of thousands of acres and untold number of plant and animal life.
        >Bro, there are some farmers in a tropical nation clearcutting rich biodiverse jungle so Musk should be allowed to blast these beautiful animals into extinction
        Sorry, that’s not how it works sweetie.

Anonymous

Sounds woke af. Fuck turtles. Thankfully the defense department is frothing at the mouth for starlink so a lot more turtles are gonna be dying in the forseeable future

Anonymous

hopefully the chinks "accidentally" shoot some cucklinks down

Anonymous

There are thousands, readily replaceable, and that isn’t even remotely realistic for so many reasons

Anonymous

why not

Anonymous

It is impossible to intercept objects that are in a well-defined orbital path and have very well-known phasings
                Gimme a brick of lead with a Hall thruster attached and I can make Star-Fink useless

Anonymous

Kinda expected you to keep the mask on for longer. Are you new at this?

Anonymous

because the space program is fake

Anonymous

Shouldn’t it be the EPA, not the FAA looking into these issues? Also, have you seen what surrounds Cape Canaveral’s launch facilities? Yep, environmentally protected wetlands.

Anonymous

the piece of legislation at play is called NEPA and concerns two documents called Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Impact Statement
        NEPA means that any time a government body undertakes a major action they need to disclose what the effects are on the environment (mostly this means the human environment, ie the effect on roads and infrastructure and people living in the area)
        The FAA issuing Launch Permits (I think it’s permits, it’s one for each launch) requires an assessment to be finalized before each one. There are three outcomes for the assessment:
        1. a FONSI (Finding Of No Significant Impact): this is what SpaceX want and are probably going to get because it means they don’t need to do any more paperwork and just get to launching
        2. a mitigated FONSI: this is like #1 except that somebody got payed off or something idk how it works, it’s almost exactly the same as #1
        3. a significant impact, which means they need to do a bunch of paperwork which will take a few years, called the Environmental Impact Statement
        it’s boring paperwork bullshit that impact nothing and won’t even stop SpaceX, just slow them down

Anonymous

>common sense
      Great way to know when to immediately disregard a statement or belief, when those 2 words are attached to it. Glad I opened the image before reading anything else.

Anonymous

ITT
      >noooooo don’t bash muh starlinkino!!!
      >don’t you want to go to mars anon?
      >don’t you want to pay $600 dollars a month for internet, anon?
      >we totally need a constellation of 30,000 satellites ruining astronomy forever and putting us ever closer to the Kessler cascade

Anonymous

there will never be 30 thousand satellites lol

Anonymous

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/19/spacex-starlink-satellite-internet-new-capabilities-starship-launch.html
          >SpaceX has launched 1,740 Starlink satellites to date, with its first generation system beginning launches in November 2019. Gen2 is planned to have nearly 30,000 satellites in total.

Anonymous

>source: spacex

Anonymous

>The best defense of Starlink I can come up with, is claiming that what they themselves are planning will never happen
              lol

It doesn’t matter. Even if Starlink got cancelled tomorrow, the 1740 Starlink satellites launched is already 1740 too many for a useless internet provider idea.
              Starlink is already ruining astronomy.

Anonymous

astronomy is useless

Anonymous

Meme checks out.

Anonymous

sorry anon, there must have been a misunderstaning
                    I’m a flat earther, not a muskrat

Anonymous

so is starlink

Anonymous

>deliberately stack images to add satellites, not remove them
                Astronomers are manipulative liars. That’s what we learned here today.

Anonymous

>100 acres
      Wow it’s freaking nothing. Does he have any idea how relatively small 100 acres is?

Anonymous

Let me translate into Bubbaese: It’s almost 76 football fields!

Anonymous

>i hate whites
          why the hatred? jealousy or fear?

Anonymous

The continental United States has 2 Billion acres of land smoothbrain. Texas alone is 270 000 square miles large. SpaceX’s operations represent such an infintesimily small fraction of environmental damage in the states that your entire position is just completely ridiculous. Get some perspective. I wouldn’t say we need to protect the environment then dedicate myself to the ant colonies in my backyard. You’re absolutely ridiculous, get help.

Anonymous

>i hate whites
            why the hatred? jealousy or fear?

Lighten up Francis and learn to recognize when someone isn’t disagreeing with you. The image shows just how small a football field is but you’re so hopped up on outrage addiction that you took it as some kind of insult. Learn not to make enemies unnecessarily.

Anonymous

You’re right anon, my apologies.

Anonymous

>The continental United States has 2 Billion acres of land smoothbrain. Texas alone is 270 000 square miles large.
            Brilliant idea. Just have the Ocelots that are on the brink of extinction pack up and move to Yosemite National Park. The turtles can fuck off to New York or something I’m sure they’ll figure it out.

I guess you don’t understand what endangered means dumbfuck. These species are at a position where they are very vulnerable to habitat loss, displacement, and Musk killing them with his rockets. These aren’t freaking pigeons we’re talking about. And they certainly aren’t "ant colonies" you ass clown.

Fact of the matter is multiple agencies are tasked with protecting this wildlife and you are suggesting corruption where these agencies turn a blind eye because some billionaire piece of trash wants his own private rocket test firing range. As far as I’m concerned Musk and SpaceX can go pound sand and shove their rockets up their collective ass.

Anonymous

>suggesting corruption where these agencies turn a blind eye because some billionaire piece of trash wants his own private rocket test
              Why yes that’s exactly what I want

Anonymous

>238 KB
                >

>The continental United States has 2 Billion acres of land smoothbrain. Texas alone is 270 000 square miles large.
                Brilliant idea. Just have the Ocelots that are on the brink of extinction pack up and move to Yosemite National Park. The turtles can fuck off to New York or something I’m sure they’ll figure it out.

I guess you don’t understand what endangered means dumbfuck. These species are at a position where they are very vulnerable to habitat loss, displacement, and Musk killing them with his rockets. These aren’t freaking pigeons we’re talking about. And they certainly aren’t "ant colonies" you ass clown.

Fact of the matter is multiple agencies are tasked with protecting this wildlife and you are suggesting corruption where these agencies turn a blind eye because some billionaire piece of trash wants his own private rocket test firing range. As far as I’m concerned Musk and SpaceX can go pound sand and shove their rockets up their collective ass.
                > >suggesting corruption where these agencies turn a blind eye because some billionaire piece of trash wants his own private rocket test
                > Why yes that’s exactly what I want

Anonymous

Completely missing the point scrote. Show me some proof that the habitat for these animals is contained solely within the few acre property size for the Boca Chica project. You can’t obviously because the coastline stretches for hundreds of miles. Unless you’re seriously suggesting that the entire turtle population nests on the single stretch of beach by the rocket stands.

Anonymous

Motherfucker, you are implying you need 100% habitat loss for a species to become at serious risk of extinction when that simply isn’t true. It’s not only about habitat loss but also habitat fragmentation where animals are cut off from the rest of their habitat due to artificial barriers. You can see this with highways that devastate animal populations despite removing only a small fraction of the habitat which is why tunnels are made in an effort to help the animals traverse this deadly barrier. It’s even worse when you realize this SpaceX facility sits smack dab in the middle of a major highway for the millions of migratory birds and insects that cross through this point every year. The ocelots in Texas are now limited to that small southern tip of Texas where Musk has his rocket facility. It’s estimated that there are only 50 of these cats left which is more than half of the total population left in the US. This ocelot population has already had inbreeding documented which further devastates the survival ability of the population. The Lower Rio Grande Valley is incredibly biodiverse and home to many species that are endemic to this area. 95% of the natural vegetation in this area has already been cleared due to development and agriculture. SpaceX has been a major setback for the conservation efforts that have already been made. It’s not just exploding rockets landing on protected land spewing toxic chemicals all over and wildfires reeking havoc but the deafening 140 dB sounds from the rocket launches which if doesn’t immediately give permanent loss of hearing or severe brain damage to any unfortunate nearby birds will cause them to abandon the area as the sound can be heard for many miles away. Remember, Musk wants to launch many Starships every day because of commercialization. Also, the increased traffic to the area will further fragment endangered animals, cause more vehicular injury and death, and encroachment on those critical sea turtle nests.

Anonymous

Your impotent rage is amusing but ultimately you’re simply pissing in a hurricane. Bezos won’t get his wish and the wildlife will be fine. Time to come up with a new tactic, this one is played out and was a hail mary shot anyway.

Anonymous

>Ocelot
                  >risk of extinction
                  What the fuck are you even talking about? None of what you are saying has any basis in reality, just a quick google is enough to show that you are totally wrong and are just posting because you hate Musk.

Anonymous

>Ocelot
                    >risk of extinction
                    >What the fuck are you even talking about? None of what you are saying has any basis in reality, just a quick google is enough to show that you are totally wrong
                    Oh? It’s not at risk of extinction? Fuck you owned me. So you better go tell the United States Fish and Wildlife Service and the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department that they have mistakenly listed the Leopardus pardalis albescens, that can only be found in the Lower Rio Grande Valley and whose numbers are around 50, as endangered and that they should change their status to least concern and to cease their conservation efforts immediately and to scrap their 200 page document outlining their continued recovery plan for this ocelot that has been ongoing for over 30 years now.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/ocelot/
                    https://www.fws.gov/southwest/es/arizona/Documents/SpeciesDocs/Ocelot/Ocelot_Final_Recovery_Plan_Signed_July_2016_new.pdf

Besides, the vaporware salesman needs to launch more starlink satellites into LEO to get his shitty internet service to work so the existence of these beautiful animals and the pristine nature of this beautiful area at the mouth of the majestic Rio Grande will just have to be sacrificed I guess.

Anonymous

>pristine nature of this beautiful area
                      Will be retained, just like it is at the Kennedy Launch Center

But everyone knows your real concern is not the environment nor the wildlife or even Texas, just that Musk doesn’t get his way because you have some kind of irrational obsessional hatred against him.

Anonymous

>Will be retained, just like it is at the Kennedy Launch Center
                        Dude you can see the SpaceX facility from miles away. It’s a freaking eyesore and you don’t want to hear deafening rocket launches every two hours while hiking the area and neither will nesting birds and other animals who have been scared away from the area if the loud machinery didn’t do it already. And the Kennedy Space Center isn’t planning to drill for oil and build a plant to process it into fuel on top of a natural reserve either. Plus the thousands of SpaceX employees that have to drive in and out from work and muskscrotes will increase collisions with wildlife. Turtle eggs and bird eggs will also violently shake and die off en masse from the vibrations of rockets and machinery. It freaking baffles me as this level of environmental disregard would be expected from from a struggling developing country, not the United States.

Anonymous

OP continues to ignore every point presented while further presenting outright fabrications inconsistent with said facts presented here:

Again were talking about literally a few acre size property anon.
                        >95% of the natural vegetation in this area has already been cleared due to development and agriculture
                        Okay great now you finally get it. The scope of both activities eclipses the Starbase project to such a degree that you’re position is just so obviously ridiculous. It’s obviously what you should be railing against which again is large scale clearcutting affecting tens of thousands of acres across the state and countless plant and animal life. Not a few acre property for the Starbase project. Your position is just completely ridiculous. Even moreover when you suggest Ocelots are at risk of extinction over this apparent Texan population, which you haven’t provided sources for, located singularity on the few acre stretch of beach in front of the rocket stands. As this anon[…] shows you’re a ducking idiot. You also haven’t provided any sources to suggest that turtle species are threatened specifically due to again the few acres of beach that house the rocket stands.
                        >the deafening 140 dB sounds from the rocket launches which if doesn’t immediately give permanent loss of hearing or severe brain damage to any unfortunate nearby birds will cause them to abandon the area as the sound can be heard for many miles away
                        Not it actually can’t you lying fuck. Look at source I’ve included. Get bonked.

>Ocelot
                        >risk of extinction
                        What the fuck are you even talking about? None of what you are saying has any basis in reality, just a quick google is enough to show that you are totally wrong and are just posting because you hate Musk.

Listen here you grifting fuck.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower_Rio_Grande_Valley_National_Wildlife_Refuge
                        >90,788 acres (367.41 km2)

of that the relevant land here is:

>10,680-acre Boca Chica tract of the Lower Rio Grande National Wildlife Refuge

the Boca Chica launch site makes up 30 acres of that tract

Fuck off. This latest attempt of yours to use the environmental review to continue your irrational war against Musk is pathetic, go back to shorting Tesla, and lapring as an impartial, unbiased """""""skeptic"""""", you’re freaking pathetic man and your videos are shit.

The noise is effectively of no concern beyond an immediate few mile radius. Beyond that point is is effectively of no concern to wildlife as it is only in the 65 – 75 db range. What you’re saying is simply not true, again unless you’re suggesting a tract of land, specifically the boca chica tract which is over 10 000 acres, as this anon

Fuck off. This latest attempt of yours to use the environmental review to continue your irrational war against Musk is pathetic, go back to shorting Tesla, and lapring as an impartial, unbiased """""""skeptic"""""", you’re freaking pathetic man and your videos are shit.

points out, has the entire significant nesting turtle population located entirely within a 2 -3 mile stretch of beach. Just listen to yourself man, what you’re saying is complete nonsense.

Anonymous

The paychecks from Bezos cash the same regardless of if the FUD posts make sense or not.

Anonymous

the gas well (not oil, only natural gas) is because of a Texas law that means that if you don’t use a gas well you forfeit ownership of it and literally anybody can buy it and move in and set up shop
                        the gas well is in the middle of their production facility

Anonymous

>OP continues to ignore the point at hand, outlined by this anon

Anonymous

Again were talking about literally a few acre size property anon.
                  >95% of the natural vegetation in this area has already been cleared due to development and agriculture
                  Okay great now you finally get it. The scope of both activities eclipses the Starbase project to such a degree that you’re position is just so obviously ridiculous. It’s obviously what you should be railing against which again is large scale clearcutting affecting tens of thousands of acres across the state and countless plant and animal life. Not a few acre property for the Starbase project. Your position is just completely ridiculous. Even moreover when you suggest Ocelots are at risk of extinction over this apparent Texan population, which you haven’t provided sources for, located singularity on the few acre stretch of beach in front of the rocket stands. As this anon

>Ocelot
                  >risk of extinction

shows you’re a ducking idiot. You also haven’t provided any sources to suggest that turtle species are threatened specifically due to again the few acres of beach that house the rocket stands.
                  >the deafening 140 dB sounds from the rocket launches which if doesn’t immediately give permanent loss of hearing or severe brain damage to any unfortunate nearby birds will cause them to abandon the area as the sound can be heard for many miles away
                  Not it actually can’t you lying fuck. Look at source I’ve included. Get bonked.

Anonymous

the turtles will actually benefit from the rockets closing the beach, they’ll get it all to themselves

Anonymous

>The ocelots in Texas are now limited to that small southern tip of Texas where Musk has his rocket facility. It’s estimated that there are only 50 of these cats left which is more th

Stop, this is just pathetic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocelot#/media/File:Ocelot_distribution.jpg

Anonymous

NOOOOO THE HECKIN OCELOTS ARE GOING TO TO EXTINT(in Texas) NOOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous

>NOOOOO THE HECKIN OCELOTS ARE GOING TO TO EXTINT(in Texas) NOOOOOOOOOO
                      Correct. That is what the government has been trying to avoid.

Anonymous

>waaah! waaah! muhhh nature!!!!
                        Who cares? Musk, Bezos and other psychopaths should be given free reign so they could finish their space ships faster and take me to Mars like they’re planning to.

Anonymous

Does he wear Spanx, or a similar chubbiness-hider?

Anonymous

the ocelots are listed as Least Concern, the only reason they’re of even any note in this case is because almost all of them live south of the border

Anonymous

See

>Ocelot
                >risk of extinction
                >What the fuck are you even talking about? None of what you are saying has any basis in reality, just a quick google is enough to show that you are totally wrong
                Oh? It’s not at risk of extinction? Fuck you owned me. So you better go tell the United States Fish and Wildlife Service and the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department that they have mistakenly listed the Leopardus pardalis albescens, that can only be found in the Lower Rio Grande Valley and whose numbers are around 50, as endangered and that they should change their status to least concern and to cease their conservation efforts immediately and to scrap their 200 page document outlining their continued recovery plan for this ocelot that has been ongoing for over 30 years now.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/ocelot/
                https://www.fws.gov/southwest/es/arizona/Documents/SpeciesDocs/Ocelot/Ocelot_Final_Recovery_Plan_Signed_July_2016_new.pdf

Besides, the vaporware salesman needs to launch more starlink satellites into LEO to get his shitty internet service to work so the existence of these beautiful animals and the pristine nature of this beautiful area at the mouth of the majestic Rio Grande will just have to be sacrificed I guess.

Anonymous

Hi there,

I tried to get to the article referring to this wildfire.
          But all I got was a pop-up of Businessinsider wanting me to subscribe.

So the only real news I could find was:
          https://www.space.com/37028-spacex-rocket-test-wildfire-photos.html

Quote: Firefighters dump water on a small wildfire at Florida’s Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge ignited by a SpaceX rocket test at neighboring Kennedy Space Center. The fire was quickly contained, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officials said. (Image credit: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service via Twitter)

What I also can find is how Space-X is actually helping firefighters through Starlink satellites.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/29/21493158/spacex-starlink-internet-washington-emergency-wildfires-first-responders

So all in all, the claim smells like bullshit and you have some personal ax to grind with the company because of reasons.
          Prove me wrong.

Anonymous

Here is a video of the devastating fire caused by SpaceX:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTyvYCToMi0

But of course you’re not going to see the media comment on this whatsoever because they are corrupt just like the billionaire they shamelessly cover for. They are worthless at their jobs and deserve nothing more than contempt and disgust. At this point the mainstream media merely serves as an outlet for PSYOP where the government and elite can spew endless propaganda and garbage to the credulous public. And don’t get me started on search engines, which again in a shameful manner, heavily censor results from explicit search queries that would make the most tyrannical-minded individuals blush. Anything that exposes Musk gets buried while anything that promotes Musk gets pushed to the top of the search results. Sometimes these search engines will actively fight you and simply hide content. And obviously this isn’t just with Musk, it happens with many topics I just used Musk as an example.

>Quote: Firefighters dump water on a small wildfire at Florida’s Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge ignited by a SpaceX rocket test at neighboring Kennedy Space Center. The fire was quickly contained, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officials said. (Image credit: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service via Twitter)
            Wow I hadn’t even heard of this wildfire, thanks for bringing it up. SpaceX rockets seem to be particularly damaging to the environment.

>What I also can find is how Space-X is actually helping firefighters through Starlink satellites.
            >Satellite providers never existed before Starlink
            No, they’re just morons.

>So all in all, the claim smells like bullshit and you have some personal ax to grind with the company because of reasons.
            >Prove me wrong.
            Watch the video. It happened. Just because the media and search engines are heavily censoring information doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Anonymous

>>Satellite providers never existed before Starlink
              >No, they’re just morons.
              So you didn’t read the article.
              Great.

Moving on.
              You say 100 acres burned down.
              By who’s estimate?

So what action did you take after 2011 when 4500 acres burned down???
              Did you do anything to assist the community do ANYTHING to prevent widespread fires? Such as making firebreaks annually?

Finally lets get to the good old core of the problem.
              1. What do you want Spacex to do?
              I suspect you want Spacex to stop all testing and operations forever and ever right?

2. Who do you represent? Really.

Anonymous

Let me translate into Bubbaese: It’s almost 76 football fields!

>The inevitable future wildfires caused by SpaceX are limited to a maximum of 100 acres

Anonymous

>pay fine
      >don’t care
      /thread

Anonymous

Fines don’t make up for the extinction of animals.

Anonymous

Whining about imaginary threats that everyone has disproven don’t cause extinction. But go ahead and repeat your tired worn out arguments that have been refuted over and over again. It’s fun to watch you get more and more angry. Meanwhile the world marches forward while your depression deepens. We all know how this ends for you.

Anonymous

>How hasn’t the FAA shut down SpaceX at Boca Chica yet?
      Because the environmental damage SpaceX causes isn’t substantial enough to warrant their shutdown for these reasons.

Please have a nice day to reduce your environmental impact OP.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Getting real tired of these Soros-styled fake enviromentalism groups going on.
      Though, I guess you do it for free, making you the ultimate cuck.

Anonymous

>OP conveniently dissapears after getting BTFO
      imagine my surprise

Anonymous

>we should hamstring the future of our species for the sake of a couple freaking turtles, a spotty cat and some birds, plus some trees
      Think about what you’re saying
      Yes, the environment should be preserved to the extent we can, and stewarded well

They cut down thousands of trees and displace even more than what’s happening here to build industral areas or whatever in major cities and nobody gave a fuck for hundreds of years, SpaceX is operating with the explicit goal of progressing us beyond Earth as a species, it’s worth a few sacrifices.

Anonymous

The overall human environment, yes.
        The environment of a circle a few miles diameter around some nowhere part of Texas, fuck you. Seriously; use a Texan cactus for that act upon yourself.

Anonymous

>nowhere part of Texas
          Except that’s the thing anon, this isn’t Nowhere, Texas. This is one of the most biologically diverse areas in all of North America. They couldn’t have chosen a worse spot to put their rocket and oil facility. We owe it to ourselves and to the wildlife inhabitants to cherish and protect this area at all costs. Which is what government and environmental agencies have been trying to do for decades. Don’t let some poopyhole undo all this progress that has been made so far restoring this natural treasure.

Anonymous

>This is one of the most biologically diverse areas in all of North America
            >one of
            So everywhere. "One of" is not quantifiable. Even a parking lot in Newark, New Jersey is "one of" anything. Give us exact metrics and sources or you’re just another dumb hippy repeating what his corporate masters (in this case, Bezos and BO) tells him to think.
            Weird how you guys never can quantify anything but the reason is obvious: once you start fighting on the battlefield of facts, you know your ‘facts’ will get torn apart so instead you resort to emotions and generalities.
            Data and sources or fuck off wit your emotional namby-pamby corporate greenwash warfare.

Anonymous

Here you go chud, you can read all about the diversity of the Lower Rio Grande Valley here courtesy of the United States Geological Survey:

https://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2016/5078/sir20165078.pdf

This publication consistently ranks Texas in the top for biodiversity across a variety of metrics:

https://www.natureserve.org/sites/default/files/publications/files/stateofunions.pdf

This publication has a nice table contrasting the incredible biological diversity of the Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge specifically with other remarkable regions like the Everglades, Yellowstone, and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.

https://www.ckwri.tamuk.edu/sites/default/files/pdf-attachment/2016-05/lastgreathabitat.pdf

U.S. Fish and Wildlife highlighting the diversity of species of in the lower Rio Grande Valley and the importance of protecting this area:
              >documented 1,200 plants, 300 butterflies, and approximately 700 vertebrates, of which at least 520 are birds
              https://www.fws.gov/refuge/lower_rio_grande_valley/wildlife_habitat.html

Beautiful video by Seth Patterson of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley demonstrating the variety of beautiful organisms that make this their home:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3WDgVXZ2No

So now I hope you understand the importance of kicking Musk out of this beautiful virgin paradise.

Anonymous

Curiously in the vast industrial state of Texas, you only care about SpaceX, I wonder why.

Anonymous

>Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge
                >size 90,788 acres (367.41 km2)

>SpaceX launch site ~30 acres
                Yeah I’m sure 30 acres of development threatens the wildlife diversity, species and environment of 90,000 acres of

When the power went out in Texas I recall SpaceX employees sheltering sea turtles btw, you never even mentioned that in your videos or posts of course as you would if you were even trying to maintain the image of a "skeptic" but your hate overwhelms your common sense.

Anonymous

>Yeah I’m sure 30 acres of development threatens the wildlife diversity
                  Source that their property is only 30 acres?
                  Source that environmentally damaging effects are confined to just those "30" acres?
                  Source that there haven’t been wildfires, chemical runoff, light pollution, noise pollution, toxic chemicals and rocket parts and shrapnel barraging the surrounding nature reserves by SpaceX?
                  Source that you still haven’t denied the habitat loss caused by SpaceX?
                  Source that you’re a freaking idiot? Oh wait I got it right here.

>SpaceX employees sheltering sea turtles
                  Source? Besides, I don’t care. More sea turtles and sea turtle eggs would have been saved by conservationists and civilians if SpaceX wasn’t there to block them with their excessive and unlawful public road closures

>SpaceX received a warning from a district attorney in Texas this week, warning that the company could be violating several state laws by shutting down public beaches for extended periods of time and using unlicensed security guards to ward people off public roads.
                  >warning SpaceX that its actions could make the company and, possibly, employees "subject to arrest and prosecution,"
                  >"subject to arrest and prosecution"
                  OMG this. Do it. Arrest them and prosecute them and watch the Muskscrotes seethe.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/16/tech/spacex-criminal-warning-security-boca-chica-scn/index.html

Anonymous

Source for me giving a shit?
                    Here’s your (You). Take it back to your masters in Beijing, proving you’ve done your duty, Chang.

Anonymous

Well its sure as fuck isn’t 10,000 acres which is the total size of the Wildlife Refuge (just the Boca Chica section) we’re talking about here, the rest of the 90,000 Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge that contains the Boca Chica tract will not be affected by this at all, so even if SpaceX’s total allotment was 100 acres of the Boca Chica tract thats like 1-5% of the total size of the Wildlife Refuge developed by SpaceX which is freaking nothing.

Look at the big picture here instead of missing the forest for the trees, you can hardly see SpaceX’s footprint on the 10,680-acre Boca Chica tract of the Lower Rio Grande National Wildlife Refuge here

The land is huge, SpaceX’s share of that land is minuscule, it’s not like SpaceX’s 30 acre launch facility threatens 10,000 acres let alone the total 90,000 acre Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge, all the concerns you’ve raised about environmental/pollution were brought up and adressed by the FAA and groups they’ve contacted with SpaceX outlining appropriate mitigation measures to pursue in response, your grifting here is pointless because FAA and SpaceX are already aware of these issues you scrotebrain have you even read the full Draft Programmatic Environmental Assessment? Do you think you know better than the FAA and the environmental groups and agencies they contacted?

>Several federal and state agencies are involved in the Draft PEA as cooperating and participating agencies, including: National Aeronautics and Space Administration, National Park Service, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Texas Historical Commission, Texas Government Land Office and Texas Department of Transportation.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/kQgtj73.gif

>arguing with nature-hating, pop-sci believing, billionaire-worshipping technocattle
      Reminder that these "discussions" are designed to mentally drain you. There will be no solution except for physical removal.

Anonymous

Simping for Jeff Bezos under the cloak of caring about a tiny patch of land is pathetic.

Anonymous

Jeff Bezos should be shot along with Elon Musk and all of their ass-licking fanboys.

Anonymous

I love how all these semen-slurping Elon fanbois had no rebuttal against the Starlink criticisms so they just avoid the topic. Keep slurping that semen boys, I bet Daddy Elon will leave a like on one of your daily replies to his tweets one day.

Anonymous

everyone knows youre gay when you talk like that

Anonymous

Why do you feel the need to resort to homoerotic imagery on a board about science and technology? It doesn’t make much sense.

Anonymous

have a bump

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id