Homesteading tips

Home Forums General & off-topic Homesteading tips

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

As politics continue to divide the nation the only rational choice is to move to more rural areas and become as self sustaining as possible.

Can we discuss homesteading tips? How does one achieve this lifestyle with no experience? How much does decent property cost?

Not sure if this helps but I’ve started collecting encyclopedias for gardening, fishing, etc while trying to put it into practice.

Anonymous

Bump

Anonymous

Solar is really good now. If you can invest ~10,000 you could live like any normal person in the city would.
      Anybody who has a bit of extra land should offer camping spots to bikers, maybe put up a link to donate to you.

Anonymous

That’s a great tip. It has been a decade almost since I last looked into it. What about if it gets damaged? Is it still expensive to replace?

Anonymous

But boy is that house FUCK ugly

Anonymous

No you cant, boilers wont work, stove cant be electric, voltage issues from freezers and refrigirators will fuck up your small DC equipment over time.
        There is a solution but even here not possible for only 10k usd

Anonymous

you can get expensive fridges that work with DC

Anonymous

Reject solar, embrace washing machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb6TIWub6KU

Anonymous

This is why all my zillow searches include a filter for waterfront property. Great video.

Anonymous

riverfront is truly the way to go. hydro power, unlimited water, no well troubles, fish galore, good swimming in summer…

Anonymous

Imagine the feds finding out you have a hydro turbine and a ram pump set up in your little creek or river. They are going to harass you to no end.

Anonymous

let them

Faggot Police

I want to make a subterranean version of this like in a mountain

Anonymous

um actually, the washing machine is powered by a creek which is supplied by rain which comes from evaporation thanks to the sun so it’s actually still just solar power but less efficient

Anonymous

>less efficient
            you don’t say that about the sun

Anonymous

This is why all my zillow searches include a filter for waterfront property. Great video.

riverfront is truly the way to go. hydro power, unlimited water, no well troubles, fish galore, good swimming in summer…

Imagine the feds finding out you have a hydro turbine and a ram pump set up in your little creek or river. They are going to harass you to no end.

I’m going to throw in a big tip. My father was a hydraulic engineer, he had to deal with the Army Corps of Engineers (the specifically harassed people that reclaimed wet lands, often to debt and suicide!)

There are many laws associated with messing with water, BUT, if you do it right, then they cant touch you.
          Example; Wetlands are defined by the ‘plants’ that grow, you cant remove them yourself, but if an animal, say a goat ‘removed’ them, then there is no violation of the law.

For water, if you make an addition that *improves* the ‘habitat’ of an "endangered species", then they can’t order you to remove it, because YOU would be violating the law.

That brings me to the "Trompe". This is a gravity powered hydraulic air compressor, it compresses and cleans air into cold compressed air. This can be directed to a small turbine generator, or into an insulated box for free refrigeration.
          OR
          into a workshop for air powered tools!
          OR
          into your ‘organic pool’
          OR
          into your sewage treatment system!

Anonymous

>homestead
        >buy fancy solar dc setup that’ll last 10 years tops
        >buy prefab house, probably made in china
        >buy overpriced pickup with more electronics than a 1980s naval ship
        pass

Anonymous

While this is true. freaking hell OP is trying don’t be a scrote about it.

Anonymous

Drive west of Nashville about an hour. You will be able to find property on a hill side for less than $1000 an acre. You need about 5 acres for one family for sustainable wood heat and power. Set up a chicken hutch, and grow a garden. You will be working 12 hour days and will need to be able to buy food for the first 2 years, but after that you have your homestead.

Make your first house a shack or a tree fort.

You will want a deck area, as any sort of level ground will feel comfortable compared to hill side.

Anonymous

Don’t listen to this anon. We’re full and will not tolerate outsiders. Go to Idaho or something.

Anonymous

Actually, yeah, go to the northwest and seek out like-minded folk, such as the Northwest Front (Idaho, Oregon, Washington, West Montana)

Anonymous

Wasn’t Idaho like 97% white less than 10 years ago?

Anonymous

I guess you gotta take what you can get. The Butler Plan is a reasonable solution if more people know about it.

Anonymous

I live near Spokane. The city itself is full of drug addicts and is nothing special from my experience.

Anonymous

>The city itself is full of drug addicts and is nothing special from my experience.
                  Can’t be worse than Seattle

Anonymous

97% less white than 10 years ago

Anonymous

Yes goyim, go to the pacific northwest where you cannot afford the land to create your communities and homesteads!

Anonymous

This house favade can most likely hold full magazine of 7.62mm

Anonymous

Idaho was pretty much the primary state for sending all the Muslims since obama.
            Ruining the damn state.

Anonymous

>19% non white

I guess you gotta take what you can get. The Butler Plan is a reasonable solution if more people know about it.

>30% non white

Always has been

>25% non white

Last one

>14% non white

All of this is cope, all of you will end up race mixing in a handful of generations and this whole idea will be scrapped over and over again as it already has been. Each time it goes from being somewhat prominent to less prominent more of the non whites have been born in higher rates and less whites care about it.

Not only in a handful of generations will almost all these people be mixed, but this entire cringe PNW white ethnostate will be forgotten. It would have been good a long time ago, but now the internet has spread knowledge too far.

The age of separate homogeneous races is over and will continue to be until the next major cataclysmic event.

Anonymous

If we never got an ethnostate and globohomo won there will still be separate races. There is plenty of historical precedence to imply that individual groups can live outnumbered in societies and not be absorbed or muddled. Forever. All the way up until genetic alteration renders such classification obsolete.

Anonymous

>There is plenty of historical precedence to imply that individual groups can live outnumbered in societies and not be absorbed or muddled. Forever.
                There’s no historic precedence for the amount of brainwashing currently masquerading as entertainment and news. Though ultimately I feel you’re got a point, it’s only due to the fact that not everybody caves to brainwashing.

Anonymous

Yes this tech has brought an unprecedented amount of cultural manipulation. Could the devastating effects of such weapons leave a select group of free thinking/self determined individuals, basically breeding out dysgenetic conformist traits?

Anonymous

Fuck you greedy garden gnome i didnt ask to be born into a city

Anonymous

If you don’t accept like minded folk now you’re going to be in for a very rude awakening later on anon.
          You’re going to need all the help you can get.

Anonymous

Fuck you, you un-American scrote! That’s the beauty and the advantage of living in the USA- I have the right to move whenever the fuck I want! Eat my poopyhole, I’ll do whatever I need to to survive and ensure my family’s future existence!

Anonymous

Honestly anywhere that close to Nashville will be overrun by scrotes. Better off with northwest TN near the Mississippi or eastern TN in the mountains but not near Gatlinburg.
        t. Sumner county anon that thought 40 miles away was safe

Anonymous

what’s wrong with Gatlinburg?

Anonymous

I hate the idea of a tourism driven economy and Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are exactly that. Was fun to visit there as a kid but I hate it now.

Anonymous

Thanks anon

Anonymous

Those are some Earnest Goes to Camp type motherfuckers out there. Keep out.

Anonymous

Stay the fuck out of TN, we’re all full.

t. caliscrote who just relocated to E. TN

Anonymous

You literally described where I live. 1 hour west of Nashville is Hickman county. Its beautiful but you are wrong about the real estate prices.

Before covid, yeah, it was about 1k an acre, its pushing 15k an acre now. The word is out. Everyone is leaving Nashville because its being overrun by liberal refugees from Los Angeles.

I got 10 acres out here and I am about to buy 5 more adjacent. Got three kids and one one the way. Homesteading is the true woke af and red-pilled life. If you can achieve it (and you can if you aren’t a lazy scrote) you will understand.

Anonymous

Go to murfreesboro and sleep in the world’s largest cedar bucket for free

Anonymous

Electric bikes have gotten very good in the past few years.

Anonymous

Bumping for comfiness and practicality

Anonymous

Good thread. Lemme bump it.

Anonymous

I’ve been trying to get a small rural place for the past couple of months and even managed to tour one in person but a lot of people seem to have the same idea

Even in remote villages, soon as a listing goes up anywhere the landlord is flooded with applications from what i’ve seen

I’ll keep looking though because i literally don’t have any other choice either, entering a homeless shelter or anything of the sort would entail a risk of being force-vaxxed in my situation

Anonymous

I’m about to start raising pigs again. I have several neighbors that raise beef.
      We will be kings in the barter and trade apocalypse.

Anonymous

you already posted this thread
      GO TO freaking /DIY/ AND GET THE FUCK OFF /poo/

Anonymous

>As politics become more important than ever, the only rational choice is to run away.

Anonymous

The political right lost and its enemies are calling the shots, in case you haven’t noticed. Retreating from the pozzed ZOG hellscape cities and waiting for the system to come crashing down (which it sure as fuck will) is the best thing one can do right now

Anonymous

They’re talking about leaving the city behind Kafir. Not running away to another commonwealth country to complain about how we don’t have the death penalty and how amazing South Africa is.

Anonymous

Bump

Anonymous

Is there even a good place to homestead in Europe?
      Preferably close to the netherlands. No hope for staying here, too expensive and unheard of to homestead. Maybe some remote place in germany

Anonymous

Mommy Russia. Pappa Putin is giving settlers free land in the Far East.

Anonymous

That’s way too far.
          I want to be able to get somewhere close to civilization with a few hours of driving

Anonymous

You’d be in East Asia. You don’t get more civilized areas than that (Japan, Korea, China).

Anonymous

If I’m going that far I might as well move to a remote area in the U.S/Canada

Anonymous

I don’t know man, the point is to escape communism. I wouldn’t risk it in the EU, Canada or the US.

Anonymous

Is that land even conducive to farming?

Anonymous

I don’t know, but I think you would be able to make a layer of fertile soil using permaculture.

Anonymous

Once I get a car Imma accelerate my plan to get some cheap vacant property in the middle of nowhere and homestead. I hate living in the city, used to live in rural/BFE, loved it.

Anonymous

Clean water is number one. You need a well and well pump, storage tank, pressure tank and house pump. Sediment and carbon filters, water softener and UV light to disinfect the water.

Anonymous

UV light for a well? Used well water my whole life, never done this. Not needed unless you have a contaminated aquifer.

Anonymous

You lads talking about chickens yet?
      Chickens is the way. Get yourself a few girls to start. You’ll be giving food away before you know it.
      The damned things practically care for themselves, but you’ll have trouble keeping away from the cute scrotees all the same.
      The kids play with them. Everyone gets the satisfaction that comes with caring for them. Then you get more eggs than you know what to do with.
      Couldn’t ask for much more.
      But you can. Put a rooster in the mix and you get unlimited meat as well. Damn fine set up.

Anonymous

Rabbits are also a must-have too from what i’ve read

Throw in a goat or two for that delish milk and whatnot and you’re pm set

Anonymous

Rabbits are a meme. You will die if all you do is eat rabbit (no really look it up, rabbit starvation). Too little fat.
          If SHTF you arent going to Walmart to buy bottles of oil. Its better to raise more chickens or a slightly larger mammal than to focus on rabbits which consume the same food as you instead of eating the weeds like goats, or insects/grass. Sources of food that don’t impact your own gardens.

Anonymous

Where did he say only rabbits? He didn’t. This guy keeps dorper sheep, rabbits, chickens, and also grows vegetables: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D25kilMzwiM

Rabbits are just 1 possible food item for homesteading and they’re not that hard to take care of.

Anonymous

>Rabbit starvation
            And just like that you showed you get all your info from t.v. and discredit any other info you may provide

Anonymous

>Too little fat.
            Not applicable to farmed rabbit

Anonymous

>You lads talking about chickens yet
        When I had free range chickens, I had almost no bugs around my house including ants. They are also like little weed eaters so less yard work to do.

Anonymous

I have 40 acres in TN – just getting started (with a mortgage I’m working to pay off unfortunately). I have deer who come through and also rest/ruminate in a field nearby. The problem is they bring along ticks like crazy (along with the field mice and rodents of course). My plan has been to raise dorper sheep, and I set up a 5 acre corral, but THE TICKS are annoying as fuck and I’m concerned they’re gonna be all over the sheep.

I was thinking about letting a bunch of Guinea fowl run loose and eat the ticks but since I’m at the top of a ridge there are hawks always circling and eating people’s chickens. Also there are some bobcats. I’m not sure what to do about it.. how can I protect Free ranging chickens? Should I just get a shit-ton and see how long they all survive?

Anonymous

Perhaps a fenced in coop on wheels? And make a good habitat for local birds, that’ll help a bit as well.

Anonymous

How about shooting the deer?

Anonymous

I thought about that. I can open the windows of my house and shoot them with a crossbow as they come through. My house is at the edge of the forest, so turkeys and deer walk along that forest line a lot for whatever reasons.

Thing is, it doesn’t matter if it’s sheep or deer – either will host the ticks. They need to be eradicated at a different cycle. The chickens should eat up the ticks on the ground but they are weak to flying predators (hawks and eagles). I’m thinking of putting the coop in the tree canopy so the chickens can be more safe from aerial attack.. kek. But then again the hawks have such good vision they’ll know what’s up, and they will (and have in the case of neighbors) swoop down and leave nothing but feathers in the grass.

I might just get a bigass coop with wheels and drag it around every day to a new spot or something, then occasionally let them free range. And then I’m gonna get a bunch of bucket traps for the field mice. The field mice and squirrels are the bastards that help the ticks continue to exist.

I have tick paranoia now after getting them on me. Life would be so much better without them.. to roam the forest and brush without thinking about it at all..

Anonymous

I understand tick-borne diseases especially Lyme is getting more and more common. Makes me never even want to go out on a hike.

Anonymous

>Makes me never even want to go out on a hike.
                  I’ve hiked through areas so infested with ticks you couldn’t count the ones on your pant leg with both hands; you could sit on bare ground and watch the horde approach. Didn’t get bit then, only ever been bitten by a tick twice in my life. Just don’t ignore any tickling sensations on your legs and you’ll be fine.

Anonymous

> I’m not sure what to do about it.
            Buy 2 Great Pyrenees. Meet the parents and make sure they come from proven bloodlines then raise them as pups with your animals.

What do you guys think about helping out on a farm for a season/year to get some taste of the farmlive?

>What do you guys think about helping out on a farm for a season/year to get some taste of the farmlive?
            Do it anon! I have been living it for a few years and it’s extremely comfy. You will learn a lot, especially from the older people. My neighbors Dad (84) explained how to dig a proper hole to keep ice over the summer the other day its incredible how much they know.

Anonymous

Start with a few and use a chicken tractor. Or just get a few and try to borrow a calm doggo to police their range. If it works get your own dog fren. Hope something works out for you. Shadilay

Anonymous

Thanks fren. Wish we were all neighbors with adjacent parcels – would be friggin awesome. So I searched some images for that, and yeah… thinking one of these is the best way to at least start and even let some roosters have some fuk to make more.. maybe create some expendables who can forage along for a few months before getting snatched up. kek

Anonymous

There will never be a /poo/ community. I have been here too long and have seen about as much as i can handle of the shilled out garbage threads on such topics. But then you see places like (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6GRnFcGtA&ab_channel=VICE) and know its not expensive our insurmountable as an undertaking. I own a dolly and a chicken tractor and never combined the two. I have been such a fool!

Anonymous

Damn this chick is a dream.. motivates me to start looking again. The last gf was an absolute idiot who I’d never share with what I have now (and racemixed with a mexican… super cringe..). This is what sucks for me – I am $340k in debt and used almost everything for my down payment on the property, that I’m still a slave to the mortgage garden gnome and don’t have as much time to frolic around as I did in my 20s. I make more money working remote online than doing actual homesteading, so I’m doing like 80% mortgage payoff work, then like 20% as an entry homesteading hobbyist.

Anonymous

Well atleast you can still homestead for just yourself a good portion of your calories in the time most people spend commuting every day. Dont loose your land you are gonna make it. You would think there were plenty of these kinds of women looking for a man with such prospects. Try getting more involved with non pozzed community things to meet some. farmersonly.com?

Anonymous

Keep in mind cleaning chicken shit is a disgusting and dirty pain in the ass, especially in the summer months, AND you absolutely should wear a mask for it. You should rotate their yard regularly as well so they don’t completely wipe out the vegetation.

Anonymous

A properly designed coop makes it super easy to clean.

Anonymous

15 min to shovel some great fertilizer out of a coop into a compost pile. It doesn’t even smell as bad as your pussy does.

Anonymous

>15 min to shovel
            Try an hour, plus another 10 to add a fresh layer of straw. This is shovelling into a front end loader so if wheelbarrowing add another 10-15. My boss has 28 chickens and makes me clean the coop.

Anonymous

Shitskin working speed. 10 minutes to throw straw on the ground?

Anonymous

It includes retrieving the straw from the barn then forking it from loader bucket evenly on ground. Using a wheelbarrow it would take at least twice as long as youd haveto do 4-5 runs

Anonymous

Your coop is poorly designed if it takes you that long to clean.

Anonymous

t. Has never cleaned a coop that size. It’s not as simple as shovelling it out, it is stuck together and has to be formed out in layers then swept. The first spring clean when it’s still slightly frozen is the worst.

Anonymous

In Stardew Valley you can place a heater in your coop, have you tried that?

Anonymous

I spent my entire childhood cleaning the shit out of chicken coops. You need a pitchfork with wide blades to pull up the packed down shit.
                  Or you can design your coop with poop boards and pull out floor pans to make the job a lot easier.

Anonymous

Your boss must overcrowd them, or you’re just bad at your job.

Anonymous

He puts fresh straw in untill it’s about a foot deep and takes 3 loader buckets full. Pic related to get a scope of how much stuck together shit needs to be formed out.
                >Bad at job
                Chores don’t get rushed unless it’s harvest and there is time windows. You work at a solid pace the rest of the time no need to overdo it. Mulling about most of the day is sufficient

Anonymous

Fuck off bot

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Please translate. What’s this Hugelkultur?

Anonymous

putting material like logs, sticks, other natural waste in a non-composted form in a garden bed, itt will break down over time and basically be drip feeding nutrients into the soil which are fuel for whatever you are planting in the garden

Anonymous

Thanks memescrote.

Anonymous

no problem
              good luck on your garden gypsy, but be warned hugelkulture is a long term strategy. if you’re just squatting on somebody’s property it wont be worth your time

Anonymous

…what are those circles…

It took like 10 seconds to google what a hugelkultur garden bed is. Come on guys

Anonymous

This is pure hippie scrotebraination.
            >how to drain any moisture from your beds
            Stupid millennial gardening concepts

Anonymous

scrotebrain or bait or garden gnome shill. you scrotes have been doing hügelkultur for hundreds of years. fuck off with your abrahamic monoculture farming techniques, we’re men of the north

Anonymous

just rotate your crops. no need for gimmicks

Anonymous

it’s not a gimmick

Anonymous

when will zoomers learn how to use a search engine?

Anonymous

…what are those circles…

Anonymous

garden gnome corpses

Anonymous

Logs

Anonymous

logs.

Anonymous

LOGS

Anonymous

Kek

Anonymous

I like that house but fuck the ‘homestead’ put on aesthetic. Wagon wheels aren’t found lying about anymore.

Anonymous

Last one

Anonymous

Thanks for these.

Anonymous

Why is MT so expensive?

Anonymous

Nice graphics

Anonymous

My wife and I are doing this. We see the writing on the wall. We have land in the woods with a nice modest house. Currently gardening as we build. Next step is chickens. Biggest thing we need is solar panels. Once we have those we are completely off grid except internet. I highly recommend this lifestyle. I work from home so it works out very well.
      >Build homestead
      >Have nuclear white family
      >Be able to tell everyone to fuck off
      It’s great.

Anonymous

>Once we have those we are completely off grid except internet
        Starlink is going to be great for this. No need to get garden gnomeed by the internet providers.

Anonymous

starlink is a power hog so you better have a great solar and battery setup

Anonymous

Learn how to raise chickens. The initial setup is really cheap, as are the birds. With a dozen laying hens you will have an excess of protein for at least two years, if you keep them laying during the winter. After that you can slaughter them for meat, and start a new flock.
      Let them free range. They’ll basically find their own food most of the time, and are great for tick control. They produce a pretty good fertilizer, too.

Anonymous

If you run away, you will lose. Study what happened in Russia. Many ran to the hills to hide.

Anonymous

It’s not retreat, we’re just advancing in another direction.

Anonymous

This is 2020s north America you freaking scrotebrain. It’s a bit different than Russia in the 1900s. We’re not uneducated and unarmed peasants.

Anonymous

Woke af. Nods is the new hottness. I love seeing these trends grow.

Anonymous

How is this running away? I’d say it’s more like returning to the norm before the boomer HOA-suburban-small-yard-drive-to-the-mall-in-5-minutes nightmare set in.

Anonymous

Start small with gardens and chickens. You also don’t need large amounts of acres to have a homestead, and if you do end up with large amounts of land that are considered "agricultural" by the government, you will be fined massively if you don’t use it for structures or crops.

Anonymous

>and if you do end up with large amounts of land that are considered "agricultural" by the government, you will be fined massively if you don’t use it for structures or crops.
        This is solved by renting the field to a local hay farmer. Your dairy cow is fed for free or extremely cheap & you don’t haveto buy/maintain haying equipment. Agricultural land also comes with cheaper taxes.

Anonymous

>if you do end up with large amounts of land that are considered "agricultural" by the government, you will be fined massively if you don’t use it for structures or crops.
        Cite the law, scrote. Stop spreading fud, scrote garden gnome

Anonymous

5 acres of wooded land – 15k
      Action building – financed
      Improvements to the action building and tools – 5k max
      Raised beds made from aluminum roof flashing and tree limb stakes (enough to feed at least 2). – .5k
      Coop for 5 laying hens and the equipment to start them. – .5k
      Boom, you are mostly out of the debt cycle and now may actually attract a trad wife all for just 22k. You should take part time work to improve your conditions/savings and pay for your truck ect. Take a security guard job and you can spend the majority of your work time learning how to build your future cabin, pole barns, land improvments, ect.

Anonymous

lol but can you stream Netflix @ 4k?
        is your bathroom flooring heated?
        ya. didn’t think so, buddy.

Anonymous

I know this is bait but if you’re still watching Netflix regularly then you’re a dumbass. At this point if you don’t know how to pirate stuff then you’re an even bigger idiot.

Anonymous

If you’re too poor to afford $10 a month for a streaming service, you need to spend more time working and less time pirating media content.

Anonymous

It’s not about not having $10 to give to garden gnomeflix, it’s about not wanting to fund it.

Anonymous

Poorscrotes always blame "da garden gnomewsszzz!!!"

Anonymous

lol scrotebrain ur too dumb to pirate HAHAHA u got a virus once from tpb and you are perma afraid

Anonymous

Why would I break the law over $10? That’s just freaking stupid!

Anonymous

I have a hard time justifying OBEYING the law anymore

Anonymous

Then go back to Africa. Your ancestors are obviously from there.

Anonymous

Get legislated out of existence, slave

Prince Europa

If you want to play the role of a garden gnome, go ahead scrote.

Anonymous

Yes you can stream Netflix in 4k at your friends houses. You will be pooping in an outhouse for a while but showering in a comfy furnace heated building.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/QKhSZjU.gif

>MUH BRAINWASHING SHOWS

Anonymous

>unironically using Netflix
          >thinking that a heated bathroom floor is a luxury

Just pirate you freaking scrote. And the only people that splurge on a heated bathroom floor are people with more money than they know what to do with and scrotebrains.

Anonymous

Genius.

Anonymous

here’s a video on it that i saw yesterday
      https://youtu.be/JyhLKqCdX5c

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

Property is cheap. It’s going to be labor intensive though.

Anonymous

I’ve been looking into properties and I’ve noticed that there are a shitton of properties available in Missouri. Did some law pass recently that everybody seems to be fleeing the state? 7 out of 10 properties were from MO, but that was when I was looking for ‘farms’ I think. I’d like to go to Alaska though. I’ve saved up about $85k but I’m not sure if that’s enough for starting in AK.

Anonymous

Southern Missouri seems to be booming. The places closer to major cities are probably experiencing some form of white flight. Also, with farms, there is a huge generational retirement/estate sale phenomena happening.
        If you wanna live in Alaska don’t blow your savings on it before trying out someplace similar yet multitudes cheaper like Siberia. You can spend 5k on a village house there and see for yourself if you like the inhospitable environment enough to scratch a living from the land.

Anonymous

>trying out someplace similar yet multitudes cheaper
          I will probably start a business first until I can buy a property with a farm/house already on it. I don’t want to go into debt

Anonymous

>I’d like to go to Alaska though.
        May I ask why? There is a small strip of 3a & b hardiness zone but it’s also mostly rock. The rest of the state is uninhabitable. I lived in 3a and it sucks

Anonymous

I live on 4b how fuck am i?

Anonymous

4b is comfy you can grow melons with some extra care. Dwarf banana trees can be outside all summer then brought in when first frost date approaches. They grow to around 6ft and produce the same size bananas you get in the grocery store.

Anonymous

this probably sounds pretty gay but the mindset seems to be a different one in respect to living.
          The new england and appalachian states seem pretty woke af as well. I would like to live in a nice ‘demographic’.
          As you said the biggest drawback of AK is the shitty hardiness zone. The guys from e.g. simple living alaska seem to be able to manage it though.

Southern Missouri seems to be booming. The places closer to major cities are probably experiencing some form of white flight. Also, with farms, there is a huge generational retirement/estate sale phenomena happening.
          If you wanna live in Alaska don’t blow your savings on it before trying out someplace similar yet multitudes cheaper like Siberia. You can spend 5k on a village house there and see for yourself if you like the inhospitable environment enough to scratch a living from the land.

>with farms, there is a huge generational retirement/estate sale phenomena
          I thought about that as well. If that were the case it would be pretty cool. New York (state) also has many farms for sale. I would like to live remote but still near enough civilization that my future kids have some playmates etc. so moving somewhere where everybody seems to flee from might not be the best bet.

Anonymous

SW MO prices are going freaking crazy here because every poopyhole decided to move here, so everyone else realizes they can sell some and make big money on it.

Anonymous

but aren’t they attached to their homes?

Anonymous

Apparently not

Anonymous

People with extra property, or they want to move to a different locale, that sort of thing. Cost of living is very low here (though rising) but pay is also low. It’s a great place to move after you’ve made money elsewhere, or if you want to raise some children.

Anonymous

Fuckers never heard of an Ozark till some netfucks show came along. Plz tell me it aint a bunch of coons moving in.

Anonymous

Chicagoites and St. Louisians mostly, and plenty of others since Covid too. The first two groups are white flighters but of course tend to bring the politics with them. I’ve even met a few NYers and Cali refugees, of course.

Anonymous

>SW MO prices are going freaking crazy
          Prices are going nuts everywhere. I live in the middle of nowhere NM and my land/home values grow 20% YoY for no good reason.

Anonymous

>I’d like to go to Alaska though. I’ve saved up about $85k but I’m not sure if that’s enough for starting in AK.
        Forget it. Land is surprisingly scarce in Alaska if you want to be within 2 hours of your closest store. Most of the cheap property is boat-in or ATV-in. The idea of getting 40 acres and being within 30 minutes of work, nope not gonna happen.

Anonymous

checked. during the duration I shifted more to New York state, but apparently the taxes are pretty high there. There’s always something that sucks.

Anonymous

>checked. during the duration I shifted more to New York state, but apparently the taxes are pretty high there. There’s always something that sucks.
            I’ve done quite a bit of research on this. Your best bet for homesteading will be Appalachia and the surrounding area.

Anonymous

I used to live on a farm but I hate taking care of animals or gardening, and going outside for hours every day and getting covered by bugs, but I love the idea of having my own source of food.
      Creating an indoor hydroponics garden looks comfy as fuck though, and it seems like almost all of it could be automated. With a big enough area, I think it would be pretty straight forward to make enough food for myself and then I could trade everything else with other homesteader’s foods like eggs or meat. With a bunch of chickens I know most people are overflowing with eggs and they practically give them away.

Anonymous

>hydroponics garden looks comfy as fuck though, and it seems like almost all of it could be automated
        automation is pretty easy and something I’ll definitely do as well. I’ve grown hydroponic chilis and have to say that I did not like them as much as the ones grown in soil, but they do grow very quickly using hydro. Could be only bias though.
        Aquaponics seems cool as well but depending on where you live the water will have to be heated

Anonymous

I mean if you have the shekels
        https://www.theaquaponicsource.com/shop/complete-systems/home-scale-systems/aquabundance-home-aquaponic-systems/

Gotta consider heating and other energy like if your growing using lamp

Anonymous

OP can you redpill me on North Carolina?

Anonymous

If you have no experience, best to find people who do and get some experience before buying property and trying to become self sufficient

Actually being self sufficient on the level of a single family is rare and always has been rare, generally what people did was they were self sufficient on the level of town

Anonymous

>Can we discuss homesteading tips? How does one achieve this lifestyle with no experience? How much does decent property cost?
      I think the best place to start is to look at how your ancestors lived. My interest in it sparked with the medieval series with Ruth Goodman (British middle ages) and later on with Townsend who covers 17th&18th century lifestyles. Start looking at those and then try to find ways to improve.

Timber framed cob houses are my go to. Less cuts and tedium when framing, uses the most available material (Straw, clay, sand and water), very well insulated and can be lime plastered to look beautiful like pic rel. They are also VERY cheap, like 6k-10k all in total with majority of it being tied up in lumber costs. You can add onto them easily at any time and they are fire proof.

As another anon said, chickens are great, Goats are amazing too since they eat underbrush and viney stuff. Rabbits can make you money and feed you. I would also look into botany/herbology. In the event you can’t get normal medicine it s a life saver and makes catching wild game easier.

My last bit of advice is get good with manual tools. A scythe will probably be your best friend and is also much better than a weed whacker once you get the hang of it.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsfIHiBB6xE

Anonymous

do you have the 400 loicenses for dat?

Anonymous

I can’t wait for this shit to be illegal. Homesteading is just another way of establishing white supremacy with this white flight bullshit. Stay in the city, stop freaking over housing prices, and pay your freaking taxes. I’m so tired of white people never paying taxes, wonder why we blacks are so poor? BECAUSE WE PAY ALL THE TAXES! tax the rich and whitey for everything they own, its time we blacks get some reparations for keeping this nation afloat.

Anonymous

good joke my fren
        top kek, scrotes paying taxes

Anonymous

You don’t even need to homestead just move to a red rural area with internet access and get a generator attached to a gas line with lots of land. If you can hunt and are nearby to good fish this is really all you need even if you are only relying 10% on the garden gnome it’s better than 99% like everyone else. It’s hard work though. I’m in the middle of it now I try to eat only the fish and animals I kill but we still buy chicken because we like chicken and raising them on my property is next to impossible with my coyote issues. I started a big ass garden which is easier than it looks you literally throw shit in the ground and water it. Pic related are some peppers I just pulled. They taste fresher than the grocery store too. I paid 230,000$ for my home but it’s worth 380,000$ now because I painted all 2500sq feet and put in a tile floor in the basement and did various upgrades. Key is to find a municipality with low taxes. Going completely off the grid is impossible with women in your life and honestly kind of unfair to your kids they need socializing every so often but also you can’t have suburbia life because that shit is poisonous and toxic but you don’t want them to be creeps

Anonymous

Thread just makes me sad broskis.
      Housing is a basic need not a financial product. Until that is addressed things will just get worse, the pod will be a reality

Anonymous

Same. The primary necessity for life is unobtainium. That’s not right.

Anonymous

Imo i would change that to land and not housing.
        When you zoom your mind out to the realization that you are an animal born onto a planet where vast expanses of emptiness exist but you have zero right to exist within them. Then to imagine this system of stealing ones birthright was supposedly created and perpetually agreed upon by your fellow humans is a bit absurd. Yeah i just blazed it, how could you tell?

Anonymous

You can start a homestead with items that fit into your backpack.Well some boxes of nails will help alot but everything can be done the natural way. Food for the first 5 years will be problem but slowly start living more off the land.

It is possible to build a house for almost free if you know how to. Looking to the past is the key. Everybody used to live like that several hundread years ago. Axe, saw, drill and chisel are the only tools needed to build a traditional finnish log cabin.

i purchased my land 6 years ago and there is no way going back

Anonymous

Blackrock is really kicking up the propaganda they post here. They ran out of suburban real estate, now they need you to raise the prices of rural houses too.

Anonymous

their landgrab ended a month ago. you are ngmi, renter

Anonymous

I actually mooch off my elderly parents. It’s nice.

Anonymous

My goal is a large A-frame, not those shit A-frames under 1000sq. At least a few acres of land, with luck near a lake or river. Should be solid, so it can survive an entire century with a cellar and enough place for the family. The less people in the area, the better. 100% self-sustainability is too much, I plan to get my meat on a hunt. Not just deer, also bears, hogs etc, same as fish. A few chickens, goats for milk and maybe few mule but flour etc. will be brought.

I’m already investing every single cent into that, plan to take at least 50% of my salary into saving. It will take a few years, and I’m already 28 but better now than never. Btw it will not be Germany, those freaking garden gnomes will steal everything. At the moment just a dream but I’m working hard to get it.

See this as a dump

Anonymous

>Not just deer, also bears, hogs etc, same as fish.
        You got a plan to preserve all that?

Anonymous

These threads make me feel like a failure. I almost got my bachelor degree in finance and everyday I feel like it was all for nothing. Studying finance seemed like a good idea a few years ago up until the globalists started to up their game with the Great Reset stuff. I have zero survival skills and I’ve always been a huge cityscrote. I’m still young but damn do I wish my younger self would’ve known what will happen in the future

Anonymous

No reason why you can’t start now anon. Just start off slow and do something like make ginger beer or capture your own sour dough yeast. Just do baby steps and try to add botanical knowledge, butchering/hunting and other such things to your interests. You can start off with simple youtube videos to gather knowledge before trying anything out. All that matters is that you take the first few steps, even if they aren’t large ones.

Anonymous

>capture your own sour dough yeast.
          You make it sound like he’d have to chase it

Anonymous

The image of someone running around with an empty mason jar trying to catch a bit of sour dough is a pretty funny image.

Anonymous

>I have zero survival skills and I’ve always been a huge cityscrote
        I too was a cityscrote with zero skills but you can learn anon. I’ve been a farmhand for a few years now, have a comfy life living in an old schoolbus and my own garden. Many farms have accomodation highly recommend looking into it. I will warn you though your farmers are kinda crazy and do things like work 15 hour days. I’ve been warned to never work for a Dutchman. With accomodation and some food provided you can save almost everything you make for land.

Anonymous

>never work for a Dutchman
          Y tho?

Anonymous

Forgot to include pic of comfy farm accomodation

Anonymous

Very cool

Anonymous

Woke af bus conversion. Its a good alternative to an action building if you dont need/want to finance a small shelter. Like i mentioned in

5 acres of wooded land – 15k
            Action building – financed
            Improvements to the action building and tools – 5k max
            Raised beds made from aluminum roof flashing and tree limb stakes (enough to feed at least 2). – .5k
            Coop for 5 laying hens and the equipment to start them. – .5k
            Boom, you are mostly out of the debt cycle and now may actually attract a trad wife all for just 22k. You should take part time work to improve your conditions/savings and pay for your truck ect. Take a security guard job and you can spend the majority of your work time learning how to build your future cabin, pole barns, land improvments, ect.

Anonymous

Finance degree here too, don’t use it either
        It’s ok lol

Anonymous

Good thread, i wish i could do any of this…

Anonymous
        Anonymous

That’s smaller than my wood shed. And that amount of wood won’t last you 2 weeks in winter.

Anonymous

plant some fruit trees and berry bushes if you have a yard, the more the better

Anonymous

did you train that tree with the rocks or some other technique?

Anonymous

not my tree anon, its a google pic

Anonymous

What do you guys think about helping out on a farm for a season/year to get some taste of the farmlive?

Anonymous

Great idea but the American posters here are too fat, soft, and too used to comfort for farm life.

Anonymous

The USA is the top agriculture exporting country in the world. We know how to farm, commiescrote,

Anonymous

>We know how to farm, commiescrote
            Kek, industrial farming, sure.
            Let’s not pretend we’re still a majority agrarian country, shall we?

Anonymous

You mean like all the shithole 3rd world toilet countries? No, we’re not "agrarian". That doesn’t mean we don’t know how to farm.

Anonymous

>That doesn’t mean we don’t know how to farm.
                Debatable, considering industrial farming basically borrows against the future

Anonymous

Aint that the truth.

Anonymous

>industrial farming
                  From the USDA:
                  "More than 90 percent of farms in the U.S. are classified as small, with a gross cash farm income of $250,000, or less"
                  WE KNOW HOW TO FARM!

Anonymous

Chek’d, but the number of farms does not factor in the amount of farmland.

Anonymous

The amount of farmland is irrelevant to the subject.

Anonymous

Here, picrel is what matters.

Anonymous

You know how many acres of corn it takes to make 250k profit? These small farms may be small in income but could still be sprawling monocultures.

see

Keep moving those goalposts

Anonymous

>WE KNOW HOW TO FARM!
                    >Classified as small
                    And the big boys don’t, who hold the majority of the farmland. This very statistic flies in the face of your pride in being a net freaking exporter of food.
                    Never mind the fact that farmers themselves are an extreme minority as-is. How many of that 90% are following in the industrial model to compete in their local markets? How many are just following a value-added model without regard to what their methods might mean for the land, the soil?

Anonymous

Keep moving those goalposts

Anonymous

>We know how to farm!
                        >We’re a food exporter!
                        >90% small farms!
                        >you’re moving goalposts!
                        You’re freaking hilarious.

Anonymous

Correction: we’re the NUMBER ONE food exporter in the world.

You cunts can continue to argue against the facts, but you just look even more foolish.

Anonymous

And it’s a fact California is the richest state in the Union, but it’s a dysfunctional shithole full of poors. It’s almost as if output measure isn’t the most valid method of determining how well something works

Anonymous

You know how many acres of corn it takes to make 250k profit? These small farms may be small in income but could still be sprawling monocultures.

Anonymous

>cornflakes
                      Are you sure you’re from ‘Merica? They’re called Frosted Flakes, scrotebrain.

Anonymous

Hahaha. Pardon me, i have been on the internet to long to remember the frosted fake to freedom unit paradigm kek.

Anonymous

>we
            What urban or suburban area do you live in? You aren’t a red neck or a Mexican you cuck.

Anonymous

>redneck
              >mexican
              >there are no other demographics
              Commiscrote logic

Anonymous

He’s just a commie chink shill, insulting anyone and everyone. I guess he’s one of those prison shills. Hence the foul mouth and generally low tier insult.

Anonymous

Back to the bog with your nonsense generalization. This isn’t a thread about what kind of mutt populates the USA.

Anonymous

lmao latvia isnt even a top 10 agricultural producer globally, we are number 1. say what you will about us burgers but we know how to farm.

Anonymous

WOOFing would make for some interesting vacations and offer you alot of knowledge you would get working in just one region for a season. Avoid the picking season on smaller farms if you can. I would try to find an opportunities where you are to care for animals and on a farm where they also grow produce. That way you can pick the farmers mind for the info on produce production while avoiding the most laborious part of it.

Anonymous

WOOFing would make for some interesting vacations and offer you alot of knowledge you would NOT* get working in just one region for a season.

Anonymous

I’m currently looking for some farms on their website. It would be ideal for me I think. I’ll be finished with University and can continue investing my money while working on a farm

Prince Europa

Form homesteading communities. Crowdfund the purchasing on land in the Midwest or PNW.

Anonymous

It can take a while but better to start now than later.
      Rural property is cheaper than city property by far, look around a bit, you’ll find something. I saw a house in rural PA the other day that the owner wanted 60K cash for only. Sometimes you can find things like that. Of course it means you need the cash. If you ave fixer upper knowledge you can find some slightly run down rural places very cheap.
      If you want to grow your own food you want at least an acre of land that is unwooded. If you want to hunt you want access to nearby hunting lands.
      Know the climate you are trying to grow in. Plant foods that are native to where you are growing to limit the amount fo pesticides and fertilizer you have to use, it will also make it less likely your crops will fail because they will grow more naturally and have resistance to the normal pests in the area, and be used to the type of climate/rainfall you get.
      Learn to raise chickens. It’s very easy, they cost little to keep, they need little land area, and eggs are a good staple protein food.
      Grow at least one staple crop that is high calorie/carb. Research how much land you would need to grow enough to feed your family for a year and how much labor it would take to home process it.
      Research what neighbors or neighboring farms you would have in the area to buy from. Almost no one can grow everything they need for themselves and having good relationships with your neighbors means you can help each other out and share extra crops/food or trade some things.

Anonymous

You will just build another city though. Everyone will do it.

Anonymous

thinking of something similar. but not alone but with multiple families. like a small village.

Anonymous

If serious then you will want rural south. Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia. Poor as fuck areas where you can get cheap property and not freeze to death if/when grid collapse happens.
      Poor folk in those areas will just keep on rolling like nothing has changed while city people will be killing and eating each other.
      Sweet potatoes and hogs. Get to know your neighbors. Set up a still. Be friendly and always expect violence.

Anonymous

>Get to know your neighbors.
        Your neighbors are going to be black

Anonymous

Doesn’t matter. If your giving a fuck about a serious collapse your going to be more concerned about long term survival. Subsistence living. Being happy with beans in a pot with a hambone for flavor. Shitposting on /poo/ will be a distance memory with no fucks given.

Anonymous

Get in here, Patriots…
      I’m taking you to Church!

Join your friends in the Live Chat.

https://youtu.be/HOxEt1aIGnE

OR, GO TO …

https://libertyfellowshipmt.com/Resources/LiveStream.aspx

Anonymous

Fuck off scrote

Prince Europa

/poo/ is a National Socialist board. I hope you know that.

Anonymous

People like you bonked us all, I hope you die a painful death soon enough

Anonymous

WHAT ABOUT IN CANADA?

Anonymous

I have an off grid 320 acre farm in Montana. I run it on solar, wind, and Generac propane generator. I have a 12 gpm well with a solar powered pump that feeds into two 1500 gallon cisterns. The cisterns are up a hill above the house so water comes in gravity fed. I didn’t have to install a pressure tank. I’m going to build another small house on the other side of the half section next spring for my aging parents to stay with me, and I’m playing with the idea of drilling another well (my first well is 70 feet deep) and using a wind powered turbine to pump the water up in case of EMP or just outright electric failure of the solar pump.
      >How much does decent property cost?
      It’s going for about $2000 per acre on parcels over 100 acres in this area. If you want a smaller parcel, such as a 20 acre parcel, you’re probably going to be paying at least $4000 per acre, and more if you want irrigation ditch rights.

Anonymous

>70 feet deep
        Fuck you. (just envious)
        t. My land is in an area where 200ft is shallow, and you’re more like to need 300

Anonymous

Where are you? Do you drill an extra 20 feet beyond that for a reservoir? That’s general practice here. You hit water at whatever level then go another 20 feet lower.

Anonymous

We do that here (Oregon), just still salty at my potential $13k well (haven’t had it drilled yet, but the well logs suggest shooting for 300ft, maybe I’ll get lucky) Hell if I could reliably hit water table at 50ft, I could just dig an old-school well.

Anonymous

Here’s the battery set up. I have it in a small utility room. If we get a cloudy cold spell in mid winter and solar isn’t cutting it, I switch over to the propane generator.

Anonymous

The only thing is how will your children become world class athletes if they don’t have the opportunity to compete anywhere?

Anonymous

>tfw stuck in one of the most urbanized countries in the world where finding your own patch of land, away from society is impossible

Anonymous

Isnt the EU a pretty open place for internal immigration? Couldn’t you find some comfy albeit harder to cultivate land up north a bit?

Anonymous

Where is this? I want to live here where this is.

Anonymous

Kandertal, Switzerland

Anonymous

So realistically speaking, how long till STHF? I think I’ve heard some say the end of this month. If so getting something like this set up in less than a month would be very difficult/impossible. All this prep talk might be moot for people that aren’t ready for this already.

Anonymous

Dude if shtf I’m set, the only reason I’m not off the grid yet is because I’m saving to buy the land lmao.

Anonymous

Well, good for you. Doesn’t answer my question though. Trying to figure out how much time I got.

Anonymous

>how long till STHF?
        You got a lot of nightmare to go before that, anon.
        We shouldn’t do this because S is about to HTF, we should do this because it isn’t going to hit the fan soon enough. Governance is a joke, careers that make you wealthy also feed them (along with every single transaction you make regardless of your wealth status), they’re just going to continue to twist the thumbscrews until you cave to their agenda in one way or another. Get out while you can. Property tax is a local tax, not a federal tax

Anonymous

Ahh so it sounds like I do have some time then? 6 months, a year, 2 years? So a slooow collapse then. Things will just get shittier each month.

Anonymous

>it sounds like I do have some time then?
            Don’t procrastinate. a collapse is literally the best option for us and the worst for (((them))) so you shouldn’t bank on it as a sign to act in any meaningful sense

Anonymous

Its not that I WANT to procrastinate. Life is just really busy right now. Full time job, might be moving soon, trying to get rid of junk, want to start working out again…the ‘to-do’ list keeps getting larger and larger.

Anonymous

>the ‘to-do’ list keeps getting larger and larger.
                C’est la vie. Keep your priorities straight

Anonymous

What are the logistics of electricity from a mill on riverside property? Any dumb licensing issues that would come up?

Coomer

You put shit in the ground and water it. After a while you eat it and shit it back out. Simple.

Coomer

From time to time you need to drive into a city and lick the public toilet seats, so that you do not miss out on all the viruses

Prince Europa

From time to time you need to drive into a city and lick the public toilet seats, so that you do not miss out on all the viruses

This is not an antifa thread. You bug chasing scrote.

Anonymous

OP, you scrote. I fell for this meme. I daytrade shitcoins and live innawoods. I poop in a bucket and burn muh poop in a hole.
      Two years in, the poop hole which was about 3 feet deep, in a depression in the yard, is now five feet tall and about 8” by 6”. It’s mostly black ashes, and I did burn leaves over it just to be sure muh poo is burnt well enough…. but when muh wife menstrates, racoons still manage to snag a half burnt tampoon out of the burning poo pile.
      >but how not stink out whole county?
      Simple anon. I cover muh poo with wood shavings, just like muh animals do, so it smells like burning wood too. Also sometimes toss a bit of charcoal at the bottom of the poo bucket, or cardboard & packaging materials. It helps.

Anonymous

Good thread.

Anonymous

You can get cheap property but it will likely be crappy land or something. I just looked at a piece that was along the side of a power line running up a small mountain. It would have taken monumental effort to make it useful for anything.

Anonymous

As shit as faceberg is they actually have many groups dedicated to homesteading and foraging and the like. I don’t have FB anymore but I remember these being the last good pages there. A lot of them are local in scope too, any anon could probably join one that corresponds to their area.

Anonymous

I’ve lately had a real bad feeling in my gut about the future. I can’t explain exactly what it is, but it’s got me doing things like picking up an extra bag of rice when I’m at the store, buying an extra pair of boots even though i still have at least a year left in mine, and saving way more seeds from the garden than I normally would. Anyways, over the last couple months I have been going to poultry shows in my area trying to find good genetic stock rather than the dogshit hatchery birds I’ve raised my whole life, and just today I ordered a large assortment of heirloom vegetable seeds for things I normally just buy seeds/plants of (carrots,tomato, cabbage, turnips, ect…). I’m not a wealthy man and normally I feel sick to my stomach after buying things, even things I know I need, but I haven’t felt a twinge of guilt yet. Even assuming that nothing goes tits up, everything I bought will improve my life in some way and I am grateful for that. Stay safe friends, something is brewing out there.

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id