Anonymous

I’m not OP.

But it’s my picture.

Yes it’s a 2003 $800 CCD, the dead pixels add soul

>2880×2160
        You’re nearly 1000 columns short of 4K
        >interlaced
        You’re also only displaying half the pixels at a time

Also that text looks horrendous, looks like the monitor cannot cope with displaying such fine detail despite taking the signal you’re force-feeding into it.

It’s interlaced only because I don’t have a DAC capable of 550mhz. This monitor can sync to proper 2160p60hz, but interalced 84hz doesn’t flicker so it’s better anyway.
        >You’re also only displaying half the pixels at a time
        Doesn’t really matter, you see it in full fidelity. You can call it 42hz if that makes you feel better.

As for the seething about quality, it’s a 20" monitor from 2002, give it some slack holy crap, though fuck you OP for making this thread.

Anonymous

Pointing out an extremely obvious flaw is "seething?" How butthurt are you?

Anonymous

The picture doesn’t do it favors, but it still looks much better than I could have imagined. Cramming 4k to a CRT and tiny bitmap fonts are still perfectly legibile? That’s crazy.
            Complaining it’s not as sharp as your LCD is like calling Cirno dumb, no shit Shiki!

>I’m not OP.
            Funny it didn’t show a fresh IP in the thread when you posted that.

I have a (6) on my screen on my post. I know I can’t expect any benefit of the doubt here, why would I post this? OP is a massive baka

Anonymous

>I’m not OP.
          Funny it didn’t show a fresh IP in the thread when you posted that.

Anonymous

>the dead pixels add soul
          >THE DEAD PIXELS ADD SOUL

Anonymous

CRTs don’t have pixels you scrotebrained zoomer scrote

Anonymous

>the dead pixels are these to add soul
              >CRTs don’t have dead pixels idiot
              Pick one

Anonymous

I pick the 2nd one since CRTs don’t have pixels you scrotebrained zoomer scrote

Anonymous

it’s the camera sensor scrotebrain-kun

Anonymous

>memewhile panelscrotes seethe over a tiny stuck pixel after using their oled shit for a month
            Yeah I’m thinking OP was woke af, for once

Anonymous

Why are CRTards always coping about LCDs? You don’t see LCD/OLED scrotes starting these threads.
      Why can’t they just enjoy their tech without having to seek confrontation?

Anonymous

>2880×2160
      You’re nearly 1000 columns short of 4K
      >interlaced
      You’re also only displaying half the pixels at a time

Also that text looks horrendous, looks like the monitor cannot cope with displaying such fine detail despite taking the signal you’re force-feeding into it.

Anonymous

>You’re also only displaying half the pixels at a time
        are you claiming you can see the individual interlacing fields? wow, whats next? that you can hear above 25kHz?

Anonymous

Looks like shit

Anonymous

>i’m not here to shitpost, just to talk about crts 🙂
      >*constantly shitposts and stirs up shit*

Anonymous

Nice blurry image, scrote. Enjoy your cancer, cancer.

Anonymous

>CRTs are superior

Anonymous

delusional biased crt posters are the best entertainment
      they post like they get paid for it and their posts are just as dumb as what marketing people spew out

Anonymous

>Here’s your CRT bro

Anonymous

>4k analog vaseline
      no thanks brah

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/KqIrDC4.gif

Can you even read the text at all?

Anonymous

It is blurry and flickering shit. CRT-scrotes never bothered with 2048×1536 on their high-end 22" units. They went with 1600×1200 to take advantage of 85-100hz refresh rate. They even went with 1280×960 to get simply get 120hz (Provided that their video card could handle it)

Anonymous

>flickering
        (And that’s a good thing)

Anonymous

No, it is ass. Your eyes absolutely hate it. [email protected] 50-60hz is pure flickering torture. It is the biggest reason why normies hated CRTs. You need at least 85hz to make it tolerable but comes at the cost of resolution. Again, msot CRT-scrote never ran their monitors at its maximum resolution. They always dial-back to get a higher refresh rate.

Anonymous

Just got a 22 in 75 Hz 1080p IPS monitor and it’s arriving soon
            feels good m8
            couldn’t care less about muh gaymen, I just want to make my eyes comfy and have a spacious display

Anonymous

imagine a world where, in the modern day, one of those beasts was the typical display experience. imagine that the highest end tubes had 250khz refresh rates and could reach 6400×4800 resolution. we got bonked hard.

Anonymous

what’s the best crt ever made?

Anonymous

depends who you ask. there’s a few contenders commonly mentioned, each of which has its own benefits:
          >iiyama vmp 514
          >sony gdm-f520
          >nec rdf225wg
          and probably lots of others i can’t remember off the top of my head

Anonymous

Eizo F931 and T965

Anonymous

Wait, is that a 21" 4:3 monitor?
              Lcd only go up to 19 in the square format

Anonymous

I had the NEC and it was the freaking shit.

Anonymous

PROOF. NOW.

I’m almost certain you’re mistaken as the RDF is probably the only AdobeRGB CRT, and it was probably exclusive to Japan. It’s the biggest unicorn ever.

Anonymous

Why would you do that, best CRT resolution is none for office work and movies and 1024×768 for gaming.

Anonymous

I usually run 1280×[email protected] or 1600×[email protected] For games that only support 60Hz I run 1800×1350.

Anonymous

Why though, the higher resolution just eats up fps.

Anonymous

I have a decent computer, not an issue.

Anonymous

>runs literally decade old games
              oh nevermind, it is a toaster

Anonymous

I play new games too (lower res since it’s before i got a better tube)

Anonymous

Protip: For games that support internal resolution scaling you can go lower res+high refresh and still get high res+high refresh like results

Anonymous

supersampling is shit for lcd scrotes
            don’t fall so low

Anonymous

Hey now, isnt there something poetic about using tech that is supposed to improve fixed panels but in the end benefits CRTs greatly?
              CRT chads just cant stop winning

Anonymous

I’ll have to try that with Special K or something. Usually I don’t even turn AA on because it’s just a blur filter in new games.

Anonymous

Looks like shit, can’t read anything on that

Anonymous

[…]

you’re definitely right, can’t forget the 2070sb. oops.

Anonymous

Anyone have that image with the stripes that fucks with CRT users?

Anonymous

Eye strain for one. CRTs are goddamned migraine machines.
      Size and weight second. I like having space on my desktop.
      Aside from that CRTs are fine. I grew up with them though and im going going back. Fuck the headache

Anonymous

High-khz monitors are completely headache free as they can run 85hz at any reasonable resolution you throw at them. Like the one in OP can do 1080p120hz or 1200p110hz, that’s utter overkill

Anonymous

I wouldn’t say completely. Some people are sensitive to multi-KHz PWM.

Anonymous

Bullshit zoomer. Your clearly new to these brain splitting pain elementals. CRT is migraine season.

Anonymous

werx on my machine, get better eyes

Anonymous

Sit in front of one all day once kiddo. You clearly haven’t or we wouldn’t be having this convo.
              Oh well this whole thread is bait anyway.

Anonymous

>Sit in front of one all day once
                i’ve been dailying a tube since 2014.
                again, werx on my machine. i’ve been waiting forever for lcds that flicker like they should, and eyelets like you ensure i’ll be waiting a few years yet.

Anonymous

Yeah weak ass bait.

Anonymous

not all of us are as weak as you. lcd blur has caused me more headaches than crt flicker.

Anonymous

Sure. We believe you…

Anonymous

Man, the tube is going in full overclocking, it’s something nice but that you’re probably killing the CRT but it’s something I would do

Anonymous

you know 4k is a 16:9 aspect ratio and that freaking piece of shit monitor you have is not, and thus cannot be 4k, you god damn scrotebrain. I thought this was a technology board.

Anonymous

Seems like an appropriate thread to ask. Is it even worth buying a 1080i CRT for the prices that people are asking? Planning on using it for vidya, movies, and as a computer monitor.
      Other than that I could get a 30 something inch Trinitron for like $150ish or something a bit smaller possibly for free. I just want something with component in at the minimum.

I should also note I DID buy a 1080i crt for a decent price BUT it freaking stopped working entirely a few days after I bought it and I’ve called a couple places near me and they say it’s too old for them to repair it, so it’s not looking good on that front. And no, I don’t trust myself enough to repair it unless that’s an absolute last resort.

Anonymous

Nah. These threads are made by poopyholes selling their migraine machines on ebay to drum up business from ignorant zoomers who dont know any better.

Anonymous

The only point of these threads is to talk about monitors and what makes them great, and make sure people realize what was lost when we adopted LCDs. Now, LCD is a great technology with many benefits, but it’s often lacking in certain areas due to complacency and ignorance. What I want to see are new LCDs with low motion blur, high dynamic range and wide viewing angles – and I know for sure they are possible.

Anonymous

Obsessed.

Anonymous

Before you even try to use it on a PC, ensure that you have some way of actually outputting a 1080i signal to it. Otherwise you’ll most likely be limited to 720P or less. Better to get an actual computer monitor I’d say, even low end ones sync much higher than 1080i TVs.
        Also, what price specifically?

Anonymous

Before you even try to use it on a PC, ensure that you have some way of actually outputting a 1080i signal to it.
          I’ve looked into it, yes. Most methods seem to be extremely hit or miss, such as all of the chinkshit hdmi to component converters.
          >Also, what price specifically?
          For 1080i crts? I’ve not seen one for under $400. I could just replace my 4k monitor/tv for this much. I could pick up a 36" trinitron now for $150, guy says he has an hdmi to component converter as well, not sure what it is specifically. $100 for a 32" that looks a lot cleaner physically. I may have seen someone giving one away for free? I couldn’t tell what it is exactly and I haven’t asked for any details, all I could make out was "sony" and "wega" on the front.

Anonymous

>I’ve not seen one for under $400.
            Yeah I wouldn’t bother unless you have some 1080i laserdiscs or other crazy shit.

Anonymous

hey aren’t you that sis from desktop bread with that sick ass awesomewm rice? mirin

Anonymous

[…]

>Curse you
      Hey, I just want better monitors no matter the tech they use.

Anonymous

Get a Barco CIne9

Anonymous

these things are the shit but also complete and total unobtanium
        it’s weird to me how they can do like 170khz but also have fuck all for total bandwidth

Anonymous

Back when I still used a CRT I don’t recall getting eyestrain nor headaches. Since using LCD I’ve experienced both.

Anonymous

[…]

Interlaced at 84hz = an artifacting mess, especially with any vertical motion. Nobody use interlace anymore. It was only done to get around bandwidth and recording limitations for OTA TVs.

Anonymous

baka-janny

Anonymous

CRTs have absolute shit contrast ratio unless you’re using it in an unlit basement.

Anonymous

Look at that amazing contrast ratio and glare reduction!

Anonymous

Still looks great, I wish I had one.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id