Did Vatican II save or condemn the Church?

Home Forums History Did Vatican II save or condemn the Church?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

i’m atheist and i can tell for a fact that if you still made mass in latin and burned witches i would attend, unfortunately i am not so interested in congregations of old women circlejerking about refugees

Anonymous

>I’m an atheist but if you had woke af an redpilled aesthetics I’d pretend to believe in God
        lmao I can’t find a more stereotypical tradcath if I tried

Anonymous

Well yes that’s the reason people went to church. They spoke this cool mystical language, wore long robes, sang songs, there was gold everywhere. A catholic mass would have been quite impressive.
          Today you might as well go to the local lgbt rally, it’s both the same aesthetics and the same ideology

This.
          Vatican II kept Latin America and Africa from becoming protestant.
          My grandmother told me how she abandoned the Church because she couldn’t understand one word of the latin mass. She didn’t really believe in what the protestants say, but it was more appealing being with them because they offered the services in her native language.
          After Vatican II, she gladly returned to the Church.

oh no thing of all the black pipo we wouldn’t have in european churches today, what a shame it would be if protestants had them
          lmao
          the africanization of the catholic church is one of the main reasons it’s so shit
          if you enter a church today in europe, you will see three types of people : old women, black people, and homosexuals
          if you are a straight white man you have nothing to do inside a church, in fact you are more or less openly unwelcome

Anonymous

>Well yes that’s the reason people went to church
            no that actually isn’t you woke af scrotebrain, they either genuinely believed in the shit being spewed, enjoyed the sense of community in being a part of the Church, or went out of a sense of social conformity.
            only edgelords like Maurras (who also coincidentally was an Atheist until a deathbed conversion) viewed it through an aesthetics lens

Anonymous

Wow and i always thought Maurras was woke af, i had no idea he would also agree with me about religion

Anonymous

>Nooo you can’t actually use Jesus teachings! you have to use religion for muh le kekistan ethnostate!!
            Go pagan at that point, you’ll never have kids

Anonymous

>that’s the reason people went to church
            You go to church to honor god you troglodyte

Anonymous

Somebody knows the Truth.

All glory to God!

Anonymous

>Today you might as well go to the local lgbt rally, it’s both the same aesthetics and the same ideology
            shut up, moron
            >the africanization of the catholic church is one of the main reasons it’s so shit
            shut up, moron
            >if you are a straight white man you have nothing to do inside a church, in fact you are more or less openly unwelcome
            shut up, moron

Anonymous

prove me wrong

Anonymous

If you care more about your race than about Jesus then Christianity (not Catholicism, Christianity as a whole) is not for you. I suggest you start reading some DC comic books to start your conversion to Paganism. Unless you’re willing to change for the better, for God. How’s that?

Anonymous

Becoming anti-racist is not only a change for the worse it’s anti-christ

Anonymous

Says who? cause you haven’t read a Bible, who says that?

Anonymous

The vast majority of Christians in history probably cared a lot more about other things, including their race, people or family, than they did about Jesus. Are you telling me that for thousands of years everyone would have said "why yes jesus is the most important thing in my life"? I don’t believe it for a second. I guess Christianity was not for them either. I wouldn’t even be surprised if this included some saints.

Anonymous

>comparing the arbitrary delimitation of a white race to an ethnic group and to your freaking family
                    Cmon.

Anonymous

You have never been to a church. I’m white, welcome and feel good in it, there’s no LGBT bullshit, its quite taboo in the community.

Anonymous

>oh no a religion that’s all about spreading the faith across the globe and saving souls regardless of race actually has people of all races in it!

Anonymous

Oh really? I thought spreading the religion across the globe was colonialist and evil. The pope certainly seems to think so. In fact these days i’m pretty sure you don’t even need to believe in Jesus or anything anymore, you can be an actual savage like the man on this pic and it’s ok he will go to heaven anyways because he is a good person.
              This is ridiculous. Your 21st century hippie Christianity is not representative of what it has always been historically. Christianity was "spread across the world" with crusades and religious wars and it usually "saved souls" by massacring people like pic related. You can think it’s a good thing or a bad thing, either way that’s what happened.

Anonymous

This is totally wrong, you’re making shit up, fuck off

Anonymous

>revisionism

Anonymous

the Pope is not against spreading the word of God

just because people don’t want to do crusades and massacres, it doesn’t mean they’re against spreading the word of God or converting people to Catholicism

Anonymous

>being catholic just for the aesthetics and not because it is the true Church
            >wanting the universal (that’s what catholic means) Church to be for white people only
            You tradcath LARPers are really obnoxious. Go learn what actually the One True Church is really about.
            Do you think all that pomposity you like in the Church was present at the time of the catacombs?

Anonymous

Second time I get called tradcath when I just told you I’m atheist, you are obsessed with them.
              Anyways what the church "is about" just depends on whatever the priests are saying these days. One can make the church be about whatever they want and clearly today it’s about tolerance and diversity since that’s all they ever talk about. The church was indeed much better when it was pompous and intolerant.

Anonymous

>clearly today it’s about tolerance since that’s all they ever talk about.
                ig it’s true, all my local father talks about is how it’s bad.

Anonymous

Then why are you saying how the Church should be if you’re an atheist?
                You say it like atheism was this woke af and red-pilled movement, when in reality it’s the biggest enabler of degeneracy.
                Return to the Church, anon.

Anonymous

Woke af true cath.
              Modern tradcaths are atheists larpers and deserve the fire.

Anonymous

We were under heavy persecution at that time.
              Despite the drastic loss of reverence, you still sit upon a high horse.
              Now we have a chance to bring Christ’s peace to the world over false gods and heresy, and people like you want to bicker on pretense and pollute the faith down to heretical protestantism in the fruitless effort to include the masses.

Anonymous

>will see three types of people : old women, black people, and homosexuals
            isn’t this the point of christianity

Anonymous

This guy’s point is basically that Catholicism is bad because it’s not a militant white nationalist organization and it should be a militant white nationalist organization instead of being Catholicism

Anonymous

>this is the level of thought involved in Christcuckery
            Lmao

Anonymous

The holocaust saved the garden gnomes. Only scrotebrains disagree.

Anonymous

This.
      Vatican II kept Latin America and Africa from becoming protestant.
      My grandmother told me how she abandoned the Church because she couldn’t understand one word of the latin mass. She didn’t really believe in what the protestants say, but it was more appealing being with them because they offered the services in her native language.
      After Vatican II, she gladly returned to the Church.

Anonymous

>we saved the church by burning it down
      lol
      enjoy your perennialism
      Rome is no longer Christian

Anonymous

>no longer

Anonymous

Possibly
      let’s talk about the real villain here though

Anonymous

>telling people staying home from mass is no longer a mortal sin "saved the church"
      >telling people they don’t have to confess masturbation "saved the church"
      >telling people other religions have just as much salvation "saved the church"

yikes that’s a no from me dog

Anonymous

Guess I’m scrotebrained then

Anonymous

It kept people in the pews for a few more decades but at what cost

Anonymous

I agree for the most part. If people don’t even know what the fuck you’re saying how can you claim to be guiding them at all? Not going to church is still a problem but you won’t go to hell just for that. I don’t really get people’s problems with Vatican two. The Catholic church is still one of the more reasonable christian sects to me. I’m still Catholic and honestly I’d sooner explore something very different like Hinduism rather than look at Protestantism or atheism.

Anonymous

>Not going to church is still a problem but you won’t go to hell just for that.
        According to de fide Catholic teaching yes you will

Anonymous

Almost all the time the only thing I can think about is building structures like these. Like building giant portable robot arms to CNC giant stone blocks and place them upright and build the whole structure. Then artists come in for the rest. The statues could be designed on a computer screen and carved by a computer. Then detailed by a human. It would be complex but glorious. Not sure if that’s realistic though..

Anonymous

I guarantee that none of you, defending or opposing Vatican 2, have read a single one of the documents promulgated by the council.

Anonymous

I have the Missal, a copy of the CCC, and the Ignatius Edition of the Didache Study Bible, though.

Anonymous

>Christianity is globalist
      Do people not know what globalism is?

Anonymous

<– Roman Catholics

Anonymous

Tip harder scrote

Anonymous

>*cult member screeching*
          Sad.

Anonymous

>>*cult member screeching*
      >Sad.

Anonymous

No, a Vatican 2 just means admission of "we wuz wrong."

> https://vatican.com/Vatican-II/

According to this it has no physical location, so it is the vatican. Just more lite on some things. But still keeping to their Catholic Terminology and Incarnations of Christ. There is only the Christ that the Bible describes. Settling for a demon Christ even if it is Liter than the first one is like saying well I might if Satan will compromise. Ask God to see if He will accept even a compromise. You think God would go for it??

Anonymous

Imagine thinking you understand what Catholicism needs better than the Pope and his Council of Apostles.

Anonymous

Vatican II is the reason why I became muslim.

Anonymous

A legitimate step up from Catholic or Orthodox.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.