Delicious instant ramen hacks

Home Forums General & Off-topic Delicious instant ramen hacks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What are some of your go-to instant ramen hacks?

Anonymous

frozen vegetables cooked in the broth, leftover meats. always onions

Anonymous

Is that hamburger and canned corn?

Anonymous

ground pork and creamed corn. The cream corn gives some thickness and sweetness to the broth. The ramen was red package Shin ramen.

Anonymous

is it worth paying the extra over the mega cheap packages of top ramen or maruchan?

Anonymous

The Shin ramen is much much better than the cheap packets.

Anonymous

Throw out the packet and use a bit of concentrated stock + miso/soy sauce.

Anonymous

Fucking THIS. Save the MSG to melt the ice on your sidewalk. Use homemade chicken stock amd bacon drippings.

Anonymous

>doesn’t like MSG
          >prefers nitrates
          Based retard

Anonymous

Throw the mixed dry spice pack out! We’re using the seperate dry spices!!! Like a boss !!

Anonymous

We do it live!

Anonymous

>throw out the packet

Nigga nope.

Anonymous

Just some whatever is left in my cupboard with a "poached" egg and some spring onions

Anonymous

Not using instant ramen

Anonymous

>no tray
        close but no cigar

Anonymous

Is this in your own home and did you make it yourself?

Anonymous

Yes and yes. Probably wasn’t worth the two days of prep but wanted to try it once at least.

Corn and carrot? Is this from Bird’s Eye?

Pickled ginger

Anonymous

>two days of prep
            For what?

Anonymous

Previous afternoon was making dashi, furikake, tea-pickled eggs, and marinated bean sprouts. Day after was cooking the pork/converting the dashi base into pork shoyu broth

Anonymous

Yeah, not worth it

Anonymous

Corn and carrot? Is this from Bird’s Eye?

Anonymous

Ramen + shrimp cooked with oldbay and, corn, lil carrot chunks, and green onion on top
      It’s probably not the best but I love it and it’s real easy

Anonymous

Slice of american cheese and can of tuna with chicken ramen.

Add teriyaki sauce to beef ramen.

Hot sauce optional with both.

Anonymous

i aim at not being poor enough to need to buy isntant ramen first

Anonymous

throw the flavor packet away
      then throw the noodles away
      stop eating garbage

Anonymous

Soy sauce and fresh green onion

Anonymous

I used to put in a cuntton of Worcestershire sauce in there. I was a retard, I know.

Anonymous

I just took noodles, with some vegetables, a bouillon cube and some spices and added an egg. Wasn’t even disgusting

Anonymous

broth from scratch, use just the noodles

Anonymous

Why do my local Dollar General and Dollar Tree only sometimes have chili top ramen but always other types of top ramen? GETS ON MY NERVES!

Anonymous

Put hoisin in the pork or blue (i think they call it soy sauce) packets. Soy sauce packs you can use some sesame as well. Green onions/red pepper and egg for chicken. Shrimp add lime and red pepper. Beef is good with green onion black pepper and an egg. I find instant ramen without something else intolerable nowadays.

Anonymous

Retort pouch curry

Anonymous

Should be on a tray, but Nice!

Anonymous

The best ramen restaurant in New York is located at 86th Street and 1st Avenue.

Anonymous

I just get 4 packs of rice noodles. I add soy sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, and sugar or mirin to the drained noodles. Goes well with salmon.

Asian Food Thread

to improve on the soft boiled eggs, peel them and marinate overnight in a mixture of soy sauce, mirin, and water in a 1:1:3 ratio. They have a nice salty/sweet flavor the next day.

Anonymous

I usually add some smoked brisket I smoked earlier in the week. Throw in some green onions, dash of sesame oil, dash of red pepper flakes, hard boiled egg.

Anonymous

my man, prepping smoked meat and throwing that in is the best way to go. Smoked some pork belly strips, slices of that made for a great bowl of ramen. Hell, pork belly in general is the best to add; oven roasted or braised turns out killer too.

Anonymous

Pork belly is def a really nice thing to add. I usually smoke some sort of meat every Sunday, try to make multiple meals out of it. When I did two pork shoulder the other week for pulled pork sammies, I had enough left over to add it to smoked beans, also made some tacos too.

get the right sized one of these and you can fit two ramen bricks in side by side with just enough room for water. the top also comes in handy since it keeps the heat in and also allows you to take it up to your room without fear of spilling.

I just use a larger mixing metal mixing bowl, just pour the boiling water into that.

Anonymous

Pork belly is def a really nice thing to add. I usually smoke some sort of meat every Sunday, try to make multiple meals out of it. When I did two pork shoulder the other week for pulled pork sammies, I had enough left over to add it to smoked beans, also made some tacos too.

Anonymous

I like doing this with Shin Ramyun. Whisk a raw egg in the bowl with the broth and noodles, it gets the broth creamy. Add your toppings after the whisking

Anonymous

Make miso sauce, it lasts forever. Just combine miso with stuff you like, such as vegemite, black bean sauce, hot sauce etc.
      Premaking noodle dough and cutting noodles just as you need them. Only for patrician pasta machine owners.

Anonymous

get the right sized one of these and you can fit two ramen bricks in side by side with just enough room for water. the top also comes in handy since it keeps the heat in and also allows you to take it up to your room without fear of spilling.

Anonymous

>Hacks
      Literally whatever is in the fridge.

Anonymous

peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, chili paste/sriracha, ginger, garlic for ghetto thai peanut sauce. stock/broth if you have it. leftover veg and meat.

Anonymous

I usually just add an egg while cooking on the stove, poaching the egg in the broth. If I have other things on hand anyway I’ll add those. Green onions, leftover already cooked meat, bean sprouts, cilantro, etc.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Dried shitake. Canned corn. Lamb. Bok Choy. Not always together.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.