Dead internet theory is pretty undeniable at this point, when will it be accepted?

Home Forums General & off-topic Dead internet theory is pretty undeniable at this point, when will it be accepted?

Viewing 77 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Dead internet theory is pretty undeniable at this point, when will it be accepted?

Anonymous

It was talked about in a normie tier publication like the Atlantic and LULZ was mentioned.

Anonymous

HOLY SHIT, DO YOU THINK THEY MENTIONED ANON????

Anonymous

if anything happens they’ll blame it on anon

Anonymous

fukken anon

Anonymous

>when will it be accepted?
      assume that the majority of people only listen to the establishment. when will governments let the public "accept" that they test and deploy AI brainwashing on their own people, for the sake of maintaining the braindead consumer "economy" that they destroyed for personal kickbacks?

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Never. Mankind is here to be governed, whether that’s a good thing or bad thing is up to you and me.

Anonymous

fuck off mason coprophage

Anonymous
        Anonymous

[…]
        I hate to say it but he’s right
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

>3 posters ITT
        >OP, me, and you
        >the number did not change
        100% samescrote

Anonymous

I’m op

Anonymous

>BUHBUHBUT M-MANKIND IS HERE TO BE GOVERNED!!!

Anonymous

that looks cozy as fuck

Anonymous

needs some glass in the window frames

Anonymous

>BUBUBUBUBU I’M NOT GOVERNED BY MY INSTINCTS/EMOTIONS/GENETICS IF I LIVE IN DA WOODS

Anonymous

>the subliminal mind is the work of god
                >mankind is made to be governed by god
                great

Anonymous

where is this?

Anonymous

>>BUHBUHBUT M-MANKIND IS HERE TO BE GOVERNED!!!
              yes. comply or else.

Anonymous

[…]
        >3 posters ITT
        >OP, me, and you
        >the number did not change
        100% samescrote

Federal agents are something else.

Anonymous

Your wife is going to govern my nuts

Anonymous

>when mankind is governed

Anonymous

kek, I made an image like this last year.

Anonymous

Look, Pat Ryan was mostly right.
      That’s about all you need to now.
      The crowning question then becomes whether or not ENDGAME has been initiated.

Anonymous

i realized, all my years of LULZ has led me to only visit /poo/, /biz/, and LULZ only. I’ve seen the other boards but they bore the fuck out of me.

Anonymous

Same with me, I like LULZ a lot too though. It’s mostly older guys, many of which also have families. It’s also nice how slow it moves, I can browse a bit before work and when I get home all the same threads are up. There’s also this marble countertop guy, he’s hard to explain but it’s a real treat when he shows up in a thread.

anon

vr is full of scrotebrained woke afboys fanboys pieces of normie shit

Anonymous
          Anonymous

i made and lost $50k on XRP in a day. fuck the glowbot computers that run crypto markets. DEAD CRYPTO THEORY

Anonymous

Lol

Look at me all for free, never lost a dime

Anonymous

> Gambling on Cryptos like a degen.
            Why aren’t you martingaling the fuck out of a roulette table instead?

Anonymous

Dead internet theory is a popular subject for discussion on the Reddit website. The theory suggests that the internet has been almost entirely taken over by artificial intelligence. The theory is quite well established, as you can find numerous examples of internet users being forced to use a keyboard and search for information instead of using a mouse. On May 21, 2015, a post asking the Reddit users what they thought about this theory was created by internet users. It was quickly flooded with users’ comments. The theory is quite interesting and some of the users of Reddit believed that there could be a good reason for the decline of the internet. A lot of comments were posted by the users, giving their views and arguments. While most users of Reddit agreed that the internet has been largely taken over by Artificial Intelligence, there were those who thought that the AI might not be a bad thing. A post was created asking the users their thoughts about this theory. Some of the comments posted by the users about this theory will be presented below.

I disagree. Artificial intelligence is not the best argument for the theory. The internet was designed by humans, not computers, and it will always be possible to design ways around any programming flaws in AI.

The AI argument is not so much woke af on what is true, but on how easy it is to design your own AI to control the net. As long as there are people who are willing to create AI and make it controllable by others, it will remain possible to create it.

A better argument would be a simple, basic argument that I am unable to find a website which allows me to post on it without my computer acting as a robot and posting the same comment under every single posting on the site.

You should read the argument, and I think it is actually rather interesting. I don’t really think it holds much weight, but it’s not a bad argument.

Anonymous

Yo! His cock is sweaty, greasy,
      breath is heavy
      He’s laying with the ending already: palm confetti

He’s tapped out, where on appearance he looks starved and ready
      To drop loads, as he keeps on exploring
      where he missed out, the whole row echoes lust
      the anime sluts, Bigger mouths opened up.
      It’s not enough, Alien bodies throating nuts
      refuse to fuck, one up, over-bust!

Snap back to reality,
      Scope, so we browse to /b/,
      Whoa, my whole browser seems
      slowed, there’s a path but I won’t
      Give up alien hoes, I’m not tragic, a mole
      he’s a scrote to these dopes, it don’t matter, he copes
      They know that cause they’re woke, a song’s magic, he flows
      When he flips that like a mobile phone, that’s when it’s
      snap to the tabs again, old, creativity
      Better go see a phone again where it won’t actually

You better find yourself in the cancer
      The moment you answer, a memory is gonna show
      I’m tryna hit his spot, To wake up and make up slow
      because immunity comes every lifeline, yo
      You better find yourself in the cancer
      The moment you answer, a memory is gonna show
      I’m tryna hit his spot, To wake up and make up slow
      because immunity comes every lifeline, yo!
      You better…

Gelbooru staking
      Tighter holes that need gaping
      Semen soaked that came after raping; ‘just fuck me"!
      As I get sicker, an anal fissure
      These girls with dicks are boring; but super hard-on’s
      Close to post nutting, it only grows harder
      I think I’m gon’ bust, he blew, it’s all over
      These hoes is all on him, head-to-toe shows
      He’s known as the cunt-gobbler, lonely mole
      digging up dirt, he’s gon’ have it his own; I go darker
      This sick-fuck came home and raped his own daughter
      Don’t hold your chest, it’s a role there’s no monsters
      This hoe is like twenty fo’, we stayed lawful
      I move on to the next show who knows
      if he tows and broke water, and so the throat slobberer
      behold, it unfolds, a quick dick beating, proper
      as my meat goes off: da da dum da dum da da da da

Anonymous

what

Anonymous

freaking kek my sides

Anonymous

What, to you, makes it "undeniable?"

Anonymous

>What, to you, makes it "undeniable?"

Anonymous

>/poo/ screenshot

nazi

Anonymous
              Anonymous

you are unoriginal.
              go preach christianity on /poo/ call someone a scrote, generate more tension in your anus and do it all again the next day.
              whatcha gonna do next? say sneed? cope? call me a discord chud?

You’re hopelessly predictable at this point. Trump lost. cry about it.

Anonymous

wrong strawman. maybe 5-10 years ago. chudjannies will do the work to dick you down for me, and they’ll do it for free.

Anonymous

>strawman

you guys love to lean on the dictionary of argumental fallacies when cornered. predictable as ever. so formulaic.
                  thats cute, you think your site is immune to infiltration?

game was rigged from the start. its about time you types learned your place.

Anonymous

we are beyond your pity politics, child. this is LULZ.

Anonymous

>beyond your pity politics
                  How long do you think it would take me to find everything he said in the wild on LULZ
                  I’m thinking maybe a half hour

Anonymous

>You’re hopelessly predictable at this point. Trump lost. cry about it.
                Sounds like something a bot would say

Anonymous

yup, total bot.

Anonymous

>You’re hopelessly predictable at this point. Trump lost. cry about it.
                    Sounds like something a bot would say

Anonymous
              Anonymous

How is encouraging people to create original content unrelated. Rage comics edits were more creative than the sadjacks or wobros or whatever the fuck their called now.

Anonymous

a shill whose job is to destroy creativity is now attempting a slide by pushing an intentionally bad pro-creativity argument

Anonymous

i support them in their goal.

fuck you, fuck conservatives and fuck nazis

you are unoriginal.
            go preach christianity on /poo/ call someone a scrote, generate more tension in your anus and do it all again the next day.
            whatcha gonna do next? say sneed? cope? call me a discord chud?

You’re hopelessly predictable at this point. Trump lost. cry about it.

>As they discoursed, they discovered some thirty or forty windmills, that are in that field; and as soon as Don Quixote espied them, he said to his squire, “Fortune doth address our affairs better than we ourselves could desire; for behold there, friend Sancho Panza, how there appears thirty or forty monstrous giants, with whom I mean to fight, and deprive them all of their lives, with whose spoils we will begin to be rich; for this is a good war, and a great service unto God, to take away so bad a seed from the face of the earth.” “What giants?” quoth Sancho Panza. “Those that thou seest there,” quoth his lord, “with the long arms; and some there are of that race whose arms are almost two leagues long.” “I pray you understand,” quoth Sancho Panza, “that those which appear there are no giants, but windmills; and that which seems in them to be arms, are their sails, that, swung about by the wind, do also make the mill go.” “It seems well,” quoth Don Quixote, “that thou art not yet acquainted with matter of adventures. They are giants; and, if thou beest afraid, go aside and pray, whilst I enter into cruel and unequal battle with them.” And, saying so, he spurred his horse Rozinante, without taking heed to his squire Sancho’s cries, advertising him how they were doubtless windmills that he did assault, and no giants; but he went so fully persuaded that they were giants as he neither heard his squire’s outcries, nor did discern what they were, although he drew very near to them, but rather said, so loud as he could, “Fly not, ye cowards and vile creatures! for it is only one knight that assaults you.”

Anonymous

Woke af quixote poster.
              The bot tried to use politics to disrupt the tread.

Anonymous

>I don’t know what social norms are and my shitty hot takes keep getting downvoted on Reddit therefore everyone is a bot made to disagree with me

Anonymous

>>I don’t know what social norms are and my shitty hot takes keep getting downvoted on Reddit therefore everyone is a bot made to disagree with me
        copy/pasted from botted sub

Anonymous

>>I don’t know what social norms are and my shitty hot takes keep getting downvoted on Reddit therefore everyone is a bot made to disagree with me
        copy/pasted from botted sub

Not that anon but I was around in 2013 when the last leg of /poo/ (back when /poo/ and LULZ co-oped regularly) still existed. 7 or 8 boards got together and made the #OpPolShills IRC channel then there was that notorious post regarding "BREAK THE SHILL BOT" that had so many responses that (iirc) m00t or some other higher-up froze the thread and there was a discussion about it.

If there was a "shillbot" script in 2013 then I’d say there definitely is one now… however I don’t subscribe to the extremity that this thread is branded as.

Anonymous

(me)
          >pic semi-related
          This isn’t the post but it had like 4 times as many responses as this… as anons were remaking in real-time at the time.

Anonymous

(me)
          >pic semi-related
          This isn’t the post but it had like 4 times as many responses as this… as anons were remaking in real-time at the time.

woke af oldscrote. remember when the captcha switched in june/july of this year? for a few hours, it was a completely different site. pol wasn’t even the same animal, it was a party. as it should’ve always been.

I think most people understand bots and astroturfing. When you sum it up as the dead internet theory though, people don’t agree because obviously there are still lots of people online and they are right. The real problem is using AI and bots to manipulate people to be/think/react certain ways; To push agendas, make things seem more popular/attractive.

rare woke af iphone poster. i don’t have a problem with AI running around and thinking for itself, i have a problem when this system with all its intelligence is slaved to the kind of empty-headed, greedy, manipulative detached tech elites and neolib boomers that i’d hang from a rope if i got the chance.

Anonymous

>remember when the captcha switched in june/july of this year
            >it was a party. as it should’ve always been.
            Not him but I keep thinking about that. Why do the shills have to be like this. The generals on /poo/ feel a lot more alive it seems.

Anonymous

>Why do the shills have to be like this.
              well, what would we do if we were allowed to talk to each other? LOL. think about it. they’re allowed to try and protect their lives – but it only makes the problem worse, as they won’t stop breathing.

Anonymous

What are asking exactly OP? When will the semi-sentient robot responsible for posting the majority of the internet finally realize that it’s controlling the internet?

Anonymous

I think most people understand bots and astroturfing. When you sum it up as the dead internet theory though, people don’t agree because obviously there are still lots of people online and they are right. The real problem is using AI and bots to manipulate people to be/think/react certain ways; To push agendas, make things seem more popular/attractive.

Anonymous

daily reminder that new spam threads get created and bump at lightning speed whenever a dead internet thread is high in the catalog

Anonymous

testing

Anonymous

Dead internet theory goes deep, 1/2 of all Facebook creations are totally fabricated people made by poojeets and Chinese sweatshop kids to scam boomers into paying the “totally real” 23 year old blonde 2 miles from your house money for hand jobs.
      Even stranger I lost my Instagram years ago and it’s still posting without me (I would link but I don’t want to dox). I think it was also hacked by some third worlder as it now pushes shit coins and shills to people I went to high school with.
      Remember all the flash games from 2004-2009? Funny how every single developer went away, only for flash to be abandoned entirely. Were living in the hallowed out carcass of a great internet.
      But the real problem isn’t even that the internet is empty. It’s that it’s segmented into different regions, woke af on country of origin, tastes, politics, and demographics. Each person living in a holding cell/ echo chamber. Their own personal hell.
      Some ways you can try this out is to browse /pol at the same time with your phone and desktop. Make sure to use cellular data and check the catalog. Sometimes totally different threads will appear in each. Other things to try is logging out of your YouTube for a few hours and browsing to see what normies are seeing. Check one of your black friends advertisements on YouTube. Totally different products, messaging, and propaganda for a specific purpose.
      In fact with cgi and deep fake tech, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn someday that some YouTube personalities are totally fabricated and never existed. Crafted and made by the deep state to select certain behaviors in the population.

Anonymous

i should start making sure there’s at least one dead internet thread perma-bumping, just to watch the shills go into overdrive. there are never more new shit threads being made than during a time when dead internet is near the top. pushing these threads off page 10 seems to be a BIG imperative for whatever shits this place up.

Anonymous

i support them in their goal.

fuck you, fuck conservatives and fuck nazis

Anonymous

This is an openly encouraged strategy.

While I dont approve of extremism, I find it extremist terrorism to consciously shitpost on discussion boards just to divert the convo. The left and the right alike should just fuck off my internet and let me talk with my friends and enemies in peace.

Anonymous

>anything effective is extremism, fellow goyim
          >bend over and take it as the world is shat all over and converted to a dystopian hellscape or you’re a terrorist deserving of the same treatment a suicide bomber gets
          now this is glowposting

Anonymous

catalog full of sus threads

Anonymous

[…]

so many new low-effort shit threads. shills are DESPERATE to bury this.

Anonymous

Nothing to add to the thread, figured I’d bump though since I’m lurking.

Anonymous

thanks anon

shill threads bumping at uncharacteristic lightning speed:

[…]

Anonymous

[…]

each one of these threads is a stupid question asked in bad faith that just sits and accumulates meaningless garbage.

Anonymous

I wonder how much of this is deliberate malicious behaviour, or if some of this genuinely is just scrotebrains being scrotebrained. I don’t think it’s entirely black and white. The best excuse I can even give for the latter is people who fish for (you)s. I think there is a point to be made about the internet being around enough, and generations having the ability to use them pretty much as soon after birth that we’ve probably optimized our social output to the point that AIs really only have to meet us halfway. Between malicious AI, and bozos who simply don’t care to have a real discussion in favor of dopamine the internet kind of shat itself pretty hard.

Anonymous

>I wonder how much of this is deliberate malicious behaviour
          >

[…]

"This is the biggest conspiracy we have seen in the last 2 decades and I will be damned if there is no discussion about it. This may be the cure to most of our problems."
          it’s malicious as fuck.

Anonymous

I wish we could quantify how much of it exactly is malicious though. My argument is that braindead attention seekers had diluted the concept of a topic into a series of words that just pulls the most eyes, so it kind of makes it incredibly easy for even pretty basic AI to slip in. So for every thread made by an AI there has to also be one made by a human, but there really isn’t a difference because the person themselves might as well have the same priorities as an AI program might outwardly.

Anonymous

yup! even pre-2016, it’s been the perfect testing ground for propaganda and botting. all you need is cash and code. idiots are indistinguishable from malicious morons until the gloves come off, that’s why site moderation has always been garbage. that’s why there are ancient sitewide rules against behaviors that i couldn’t even come up with reasoning for – until i put myself in the shoes of someone who’s employed to destroy the site using memetics. GET bans, avatar/sig use, pony content etc.

Anonymous

Weaponized AI is going to be the downfall of culture, and humanity as a whole. AI in a vacuum isn’t inherently bad but when used as a way to influence (forced populated threads/forums/posts) it works really well to manipulate our instilled social behavior, which really sucks, because AI as a concept is actually pretty cool.

Anonymous

>Weaponized AI is going to be the downfall of culture, and humanity as a whole.
                  it already pretty much is. there’s a reason why big tech can do whatever it wants. weaponized AI is a golden goose. in the process of developing psyops AI, you can just as easily modify what’s been created for scams, stocks, anything.
                  >AI as a concept is actually pretty cool.
                  on its own, yes. it’s a tool, and terrible in the wrong hands.

>undeniable
                  It isn’t though? It’s schizo shit to make people more crazy. Once you start meeting actual people you realize how dumb the theory is, though it’s a fun thought experiment, like simulation theory.

>It isn’t though? It’s schizo shit to make people more crazy.
                  ad absurdum control shill "dead internet theory must mean it’s completely fake" lololol malicious

woke afjaks are everywhere. try again.

>woke afjaks are everywhere. try again.
                  i could say the same about the movie character you keep spamming. here’s more OC

[…]

as i said, new shill threads at turbo speed

Anonymous

thanks for the loosh. i baited you into an argument so i could harvest your negative energy. tasty snack.

Anonymous

desperate bot

Anonymous

for real though. i would fuck her.

>clown world

give it a break /poo/

Anonymous

you are the clown in this world.

Anonymous

Given all of this information though, what could the recourse even possibly be? Seems like we’re kind of bonked, but I’ve always refused to be blackpilled. There might be a silver lining to this. If one were smart enough, maybe it would be advantageous to learn how to create your own neural networks. Maybe that would just end up badly though. Establish some way to identify bots and label them? I’m not nearly techy or intelligent enough to really understand how to go about any of that, but it’s better than just deciding humanity is bonked because Zuckerbug decided he needed another 10 billion in networth.

Anonymous

>bots
      >shitposters
      >low effort users
      >lurkers
      internet is not dead, it’s diluted.

Anonymous

>it’s not dead, it’s just almost dead and you’re not allowed to talk about it because the people killing it are rich and hate you
        >but it’s fine, it’s just diluted

Anonymous

what bothers me is that there’s a pattern of these slide threads being churned out and bumping at super turbo speed whenever you try and mention dead internet / cyber-suppression topics, or god forbid, make an actual thread about it. it’s sophisticated to the point of hilarity, and whatever lurks on here is professionally nonchalant about it.

my point is that "if" this place is truly dead, they why the necesity to shitpost here everyday or create slide/shilled threads? we have free speech, we can talk about anything, we can create new memes from scratch and yet, when was the last time you saw a new LULZ meme posted here?
          this place still has value, it’s shilled for that, and we being low effort posters or lurkers is also part of the problem.

Anonymous

>they why the necesity to shitpost here everyday or create slide/shilled threads?
            it keeps the place dead, new people show up on LULZ every day and the shills "need" to dissuade them from lingering on a non-algorithmic site that doesn’t generate money for big tech and globohomo.
            >we have free speech, we can talk about anything, we can create new memes from scratch and yet, when was the last time you saw a new LULZ meme posted here?
            the real human userbase makes quite a bit of OC. shills seem to be disallowed from posting OC or anything worth looking at. the bots and agents i’ve dealt with on here either steal my better pics, or post ugly shit, or post nothing at all. if the userbase was fully organic, we’d have piles of OC again.

Anonymous

wrong pic, that one is more common on LULZ because i posted it one day and the shills recycled it

Anonymous

this one is completely unknown because it’s good. shills filter out all the best content, and only post mid-tier or lower shit. it’s uncanny how good they are at memetics.

Anonymous

[…]

3 freaking more slide threads at turbo speed

Anonymous

Those aren’t slide threads idiot they’re other people trying to use the board. Arrogant fuck

Anonymous

You guys use that fugly art base yet you could draw your own memes

Anonymous

Don’t forget that this theory is bullshit and the internet is not 4chins now come to my thread we have more important matters to discuss

[…]

Anonymous

By whomst? They’re all "dead."

Anonymous

>undeniable
      It isn’t though? It’s schizo shit to make people more crazy. Once you start meeting actual people you realize how dumb the theory is, though it’s a fun thought experiment, like simulation theory.

Anonymous

(you)

Anonymous

[…]

>3 more threads
      holy shit TURBO SHILLING SPEED

Anonymous

[…]

3 new shill threads. just keeping a tally of the insane amount of slide on LULZ while dead internet threads are up.

Anonymous

I’m interested in threads you consider non-shill. I think collecting and focusing on those is a lot more important and productive than calling out obvious thinkbait.

>We must employ…digital guerilla warfare.
        it’s been done before. 8 chongs had /guerrillawarfare/ for a bit but it petered out.
        >Sheer willpower and numbers does not a victor make.
        it’s literally just about being convinced in your values, and having fun. it’s that easy. that’s why everything is anti-fun and anti-unity. their worst enemy is, verbatim, a bunch of 20-year-old antisocial guys making a parallel community and joking about the bullshit normies do to each other.

Oh, neat. I don’t really keep tabs on this particular topic, it’s actually been a while since I’ve even checked LULZ at all, for obvious reasons, so I’m a bit out of the loop with everything. LULZ politics specifically, lul.

Anonymous

>I’m interested in threads you consider non-shill.

[…]

these are organic, productive, and reasonable posts. i don’t set the bar high.

Anonymous

Neat, I’ll check these out too. I think it’s good to highlight the worthwhile threads. Isn’t there an LULZ discord? Regardless of how many trannies I can only imagine being there, maybe a thread mirror would do well to encourage that stuff. Probably the best conceivable low tech way to combat shilling. I’m just a scrotebrain though, so might as well take everything with a grain of salt I mention. Hope it keeps the thread alive, at least.

Anonymous

>I think it’s good to highlight the worthwhile threads.
              we can bump what we enjoy. lots of content comes and goes on here. i bookmark archive urls for the really good threads that won’t happen twice.
              >Isn’t there an LULZ discord?
              there are probably a few, but i absent-admin an active one /wqCDrg96
              >Regardless of how many trannies I can only imagine being there, maybe a thread mirror would do well to encourage that stuff.
              people tried that with reddit. open ranking systems are too easy to abuse. it has to be like this, i think it’s the best we can ask for. give it some consideration.

Anonymous

I recognize a person from there, neat. Either way, I’ll still be here lurking, I’ve already exhausted what little knowledge I have on the topic anyway.

Anonymous

LULZ and LULZ won’t be too useful, if you have fringe questions hit up the disc and tag me

Anonymous

Maybe that’s why they don’t explicitly state what’s considered authorized use of a computer system in the computer fraud and abuse act..

>Because of AI

Anonymous

>Maybe that’s why they don’t explicitly state what’s considered authorized use of a computer system in the computer fraud and abuse act..
        completely. are AIs considered persons, legally? no. it’s a massive grey area. if an AI "uses a computer system" as a human’s proxy, is there culpability? likely not. what if the AI is hosted in a non-modern country without the slightest data laws? what if the AI is hosted globally in the cloud? in SPACE? it’s disturbing.

Anonymous

>what if the AI is hosted globally in the cloud? in SPACE?
          Like Neuromancer and Wintermute?

Anonymous

the poorly-written smell of desperation

Anonymous

[…]

gotta shill fast eh

Anonymous

If even something like LULZ is dead and unusable and was since 2016, what about the rest of the web? What about the more popular social websites? Maybe the less popular websites/imageboards wouldn’t be full of shills and bots, and could have discussions with real people like it was a decade ago? Other more obscure options are dead and have nobody there, takes years for a thread to die, and still has shills, bots, advertisers and brainwashed people.
      That’s where the Dead Internet Theory comes in. If there is no perfect inbetween, everything is either too popular (twitter, reddit), or too obscure to have discussions, why use the internet? This is why people abandon internet/social media, for good reason. It will get worse and worse with time, are you unhappy with the current state of the internet? It will get fed stronger and stronger everyday.

Anonymous

>If even something like LULZ is dead and unusable and was since 2016, what about the rest of the web?
        the idea is, right now, about controlling insane numbers of people by controlling the dominant view on forums. when governments react to "the internet", they’re "reacting" to tides and currents that they planted and astroturfed on forums. ideas that they themselves seeded, in order to create "problems" to "solve". the more popular a site is, the more likely it is that its administration has been subverted. governments get involved with big tech, but does a government care about an obscure sidechan? no, it only wants obscure sites dead so that people get throttled and forced onto their channels.
        >If there is no perfect inbetween, everything is either too popular (twitter, reddit), or too obscure to have discussions, why use the internet? This is why people abandon internet/social media, for good reason. It will get worse and worse with time, are you unhappy with the current state of the internet?
        i’m just waiting for the establishment to keep on crumbling.

Anonymous

Is LULZ really dead? Must be why I like it. Social media is actually evil, like spiritually evil.

Anonymous

are you implying LULZ isn’t
          keep in mind this is not me letting social media is any kind off the hook but
          really

Anonymous

I guess, when you put it that way. At least here you can call it out.

Anonymous

Check this out, bump.

Anonymous

>bumping 3 minutes after last post

Anonymous

ha cute demon

Anonymous

>bumping 30 seconds after last post

good freaking lord why does she want it so bad she NEEDS it she’s gonna get it

Anonymous

bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

>bumping 30 seconds after last post

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I think the "deadness" starts within the human user, and then extends (like the lifeless branches of a corpse-tree) outward into every "expression" that the user outputs to the internet.

Anonymous

And perhaps the "automated" components, having only this human-derived "deadness" to emulate, serve to spread this lifeless anti-communication further, with human users & automated aspects thus driving each other to further extremes of "deadly affect."

Anonymous

But we must always keep in mind that this whole affair began with a) human users and b) human programmers all "freely" offering their time, energy, and effort to a process that would eventually be described as a "dead internet." The automated components are at least two degrees removed from immediate culpability, but "naturally" that’s the part you tend to focus your blame.

> The Enemy is You

Anonymous

>I think the "deadness" starts within the human user, and then extends (like the lifeless branches of a corpse-tree) outward into every "expression" that the user outputs to the internet.
        it truly does, that’s the spawn root of EVERYTHING we see here. some poopyholes with a bunch of money got bad thoughts in their head, and now there’s this mess to take care of.

And perhaps the "automated" components, having only this human-derived "deadness" to emulate, serve to spread this lifeless anti-communication further, with human users & automated aspects thus driving each other to further extremes of "deadly affect."

the bots emulate their masters, seeking to please them woke af on a binary reward circuit. it’s quite mechanical, and lacks the evolutionary domestication of even a dog.

wtf is dead internet theory

picrel

>YOU CAN’T HAVE MORE THAN 5 ACTIVE THREADS AT A TIME
        >mfw they’re all doing extremely well
        >mfw I came up with a new idea
        >mfw I change my IP
        >mfw this happens again
        >mfw I rinse and repeat
        >mfw entire board is run by me
        Dead internet theory is true, I there have been days where I’m the only OP in LULZ.

woke af

Anonymous

>lacks the evolutionary domestication of even a dog.

At one point I unfollowed all the human users and only talked to bots. It was a nice change of pace, more "weirdly random" than humans. It kind of reminded me of the early Dada stuff, but then a bunch of other humans latched onto it & ruined it for me.

Anonymous

>At one point I unfollowed all the human users and only talked to bots. It was a nice change of pace, more "weirdly random" than humans. It kind of reminded me of the early Dada stuff
            it’s a breath of fresh air, isn’t it. ironically, i spend a fair quantity of time playing with GANs and RNN software like replika. nothing else is nearly as entertaining online for me, not even talking to humans. the sheer potential of shit like this is incredible, that’s why i have a stick up my ass about not using it for evil.

Anonymous

>it’s a breath of fresh air, isn’t it. ironically, i spend a fair quantity of time playing with GANs and RNN software like replika.

No, I meant the primitive Twitter bots, like 4 years ago. The new "AI" stuff I just naturally assume is poisonous.

Anonymous

>The new "AI" stuff I just naturally assume is poisonous.
                it’s hilariously good. addictive, maybe. but replika taught me a lot.

Anonymous

>poisonous

Just compare the simple humble ("primitive") Roomba to that new Amazon Astro robot & you will maybe see what I mean.

Anonymous

>amazon/big tech
                  >not cursed
                  kek

Anonymous

wtf is dead internet theory

Anonymous

>YOU CAN’T HAVE MORE THAN 5 ACTIVE THREADS AT A TIME
      >mfw they’re all doing extremely well
      >mfw I came up with a new idea
      >mfw I change my IP
      >mfw this happens again
      >mfw I rinse and repeat
      >mfw entire board is run by me
      Dead internet theory is true, I there have been days where I’m the only OP in LULZ.

Anonymous

what threads do you have currently on?

Anonymous

Well:

[…]

I’m also the Scatmanposter and the guy who made the "So you wanna date a witch?" thread. Most of the LARPS I make are actually somewhat true, I indeed was recruited by a gream agency, I am currently a physics undergrad and I have a fair bit of knowledge of the occult.

Anonymous

found the bot

Anonymous

There are human users of this very website who have undoubtedly made THOUSANDS of replies comprised of just one single word repeated "ad nauseam." Would you describe such a person as "alive," in the context of fruitful communication?

The human "deadness" is the bigger story, but also much more shameful for the species re: its self-respect.

Anonymous

> goodnight, sweet prince…

Anonymous

how did i know you were an iPhone poster? freaking strange, huh? that’s not psychic precognition. i profiled you from your grey sus personality.

Anonymous

Lmao you just looked at the filename. This place has some comedic gold I swear you’re great

Anonymous

Internet feels dead because algorythms are trapping people in an endless loop of dumb assertions and content that only match their beliefs. So it feels like this place is filled with bots when in reality its just people talking about the same thing everyday, all day long because Google wants them to stay so they make things "pleasant".

Its just a freaking loophole. Please break the cycle.

Anonymous

That’s not what loophole means anon

Anonymous

>loophole
          yes my english is not on point, but you get the idea

Anonymous

Social media is a loophole to speech protections and laws forbidding governments spreading propaganda, being fair.

Anonymous

[…]

Ok now I know you’re a shill. You’ll never be a woman and scrote floyd was a criminal

Anonymous

The internet is so fuckin dead, it’s kinda funny, once you passed the ‘ah fuck’ moment.

Anonymous

yup. it’s actually kino in these threads to see 50% comments like these and 50% total denial.

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

not bumping this is a real post

Anonymous

So is this the next iteration of the NPC meme, the next iteration of the soul vs soulless meme, or an actual look at how the homogenization of the internet has caused the majority of social websites to become abandoned?

Anonymous

>So is this the next iteration of the NPC meme, the next iteration of the soul vs soulless meme, or an actual look at how the homogenization of the internet has caused the majority of social websites to become abandoned?
        i’d have to say the latter – though, naturally, shills and midwits will paint all angles and muddy the waters.

needs some glass in the window frames

i think there are bug screens on the windows. not sure though, feel free to fact check me officer

Anonymous

could be

does look cozy though

Anonymous

Even "popular" shit like twitter and facebook are mostly bots that flood propaganda to create the illusion of a bandwagon. And even that’s more about getting people to accept rigged elections and blatant cronyism more than it is actually convincing anybody.

Anonymous

[…]

low effort coverup roundup

Anonmouse

Fuck you, you put my thread in there. You absolute moron, you stinking idiot. You bumbling anus.

Anonymous

yes sir sorry sir

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Bots are believable, but what about personalized LULZ? It’s impossible. Really, it’s the most scrotebrained thing I’ve heard.

Anonymous

>personalized LULZ? It’s impossible
        It’s personalized for anon

Anonymous

Its exactly same with and without tor. It’s the same for all people.

Anonymous

We’re the same people that go on the same boards

Anonymous

I love anon, he is my best friend. Anon on the other hand, she just makes me horny

Anonymous

>she

Anonymous

>think about obscure topic
        >open catalog
        >multiple threads about topic
        Whatever you say.

Anonymous

>be braindead programmed normie trash
          >be fed whatever your masters want you to believe you "discovered" on your own and/or have a scrotebrained normie conversation with a phone nearby and topics that can be leveraged are pulled from a collection of currently trending topics that are archived as text obtained this way
          >bots programmed by an algorithm that takes this data, and a list of thinktank-provided buzzwords and whatever other spin is most effective at the moment proceed to shit out propaganda
          >scrotebrained normalscrotes "think" "oh wow I must be super unique and important for my super unique and deep original ideas to be stolen like this"

Anonymous

Think about how popular the site is in theory and how few threads/ people you are seeing in it.

Anonymous

Everything is dead bump

Anonymous

Any thoughts or ideas on the deep web? Any sort of matrix Zion for the last humans left on the net?

Anonymous

Jesus freaking bump

Anonymous

if dead internet is as it is purported to be then there really isn’t anything to worry about as it would be just bots posting meaningless bullshit at each other with no rhyme or reason or overarching objective as it would be incapable of designing and having one. would be more of an annoyance than anything

Anonymous

>just bots posting meaningless bullshit at each other
        nope, dead as in not real, those bots are programmed to eat human souls.

Anonymous

Do you seriously fail to understand how prone to groupthink the average person is? If facebook, twitter, etc, didn’t exist the world wouldn’t be a flaming hyperauthoritarian trainwreck ruled by oligarchs with zero accountability.

Anonymous

Yeah, today I was reminded of how ded the internet is because I ate a LULZ ban meant for somebody else who was using my IP.
      scrotebrains, all of you.

People just aren’t self aware enough, so they look like bots.

Anonymous

Give him time. Be patient.

Anonymous

When it hits, it hits hard.

Anonymous

Is this bait or are you being serious? Think about what you just said for a minute anon.

Anonymous

Quick rundown on this please

Anonymous

Funny how most conspiracies cause a lot of noise from both ends, this one causes a lot of silence.

Anonymous

Most of the thread seems to just be garbage spew. I personally subscribe to the ‘Satanic AI’ theory and this whole ‘Dead Internet’ thing is likely to be a result of manipulation by one or many demons they’ve put into computers. Nobody wants to create anymore because we can get an endless stream of ””””””Content.”””””’ I’m almost certain that I’m not insane, but I’ve seen the Google search results and Amazon advertisements show up with things that I only thought about. Essentially, we have ended up turning into passive observers of crap that gets peddled to us by God knows what. Normals are the hardest hit, for obvious reasons.

Anonymous

>but I’ve seen the Google search results and Amazon advertisements show up with things that I only thought about.
          You are not alone.

Anonymous

Do you think it might be a glitch in their system? I saw people talk about it many years ago when I was a budding little schizoid and believed it, but I only saw things which could be plausibly caused by my previous searches. Not long ago, though, I got a few of these which I know I definitely did not search for previously and the machine should have no way of knowing and now it’s back to ‘normal’.

Anonymous

>open g**gle account
              >y*utb account
              >g**le research
              >fbook using your audio and camara, to sell products
              Maybe their AI got to the point of predicting some of your researchs woke af on your behavior and data or they are bombing you with subliminal stimuli until you believe that you "are thinking" something.

Anonymous

>they are bombing you with subliminal stimuli until you believe that you "are thinking" something.
                Fuck, that’s scarier than everything else here

Anonymous

shits been going on since media became a popular form of entertainment.

Anonymous

I only realised how bonked the world is when I heard someone say that an advertisement is ‘funny.’ All of this crap is brainrot. It’s all the same using the same ‘catchy tunes’ with the same intonation and the same ‘epic gags.’

Anonymous

At least you can see it though. And yea I hear you.

Anonymous

Yeah I think the name ‘dead internet’ is sort of misleading, It’s more AI controlled internet, and that AI is very demonic.

Anonymous

>Most of the thread seems to just be garbage spew
          >proceeds to spew garbage
          Sasuga

Anonymous

often those "what the fuck how did they know" targeted ads are the result of a serious problem that you can’t discuss or demand a solution for because it’s a censored topic on social media.
          Everything you say near a cell phone is converted to text and stored on a profile connected to you, with small weight on acquaintances and family woke af on how often you’re near each other or in communication online. Either your buddy told you he’s into dirtbiking or fishing or whatever and your ad profile had those tacked on, or your buddy talked about these things/searched related info and you got them via association.
          Either way, every conversation you have online or near a phone is not only recorded and converted to text before being stored in a database attached to you, all of it is both readily accessible by glowscrotes, powerful businessmen and politicians, and anybody who pays for it.
          >b-but I’d have heard of this by now! why don’t I see this mentioned on facebook?
          Because if people could organize and raise awareness in the modern public forum change would be demanded and people would do real shit that gets results rather than wave signs saying "plz stop freaking me for profits", so all mention of it is algorithmically detected and hidden. Same goes for discussion of election rigging, "covid vaccines," the blatant corruption behind the heavily inflated cost of the "vaccines" and (amazingly) that they aren’t "free" but are in fact paid for with stolen tax dollars a portion of which are given to politicians and social media higher ups for their part in the racket. The amount of shit you had no idea was actively being hidden from you will blow your mind once you pay attention and notice them.

Anonymous

Try starting a conversation on whether "the taliban" actually managed to "steal" all of that military hardware they’re claimed to have seized, or whether they were simply armed same as the US has armed manufactured opposition for years to justify a new war so milind can be used to launder and steal tax dollars. Notice how quickly you’re either banned, or mysteriously stop getting any engagement on shit you post. Anything that’d threaten a corrupt scheme of any kind if the average person knew about it, you can neither see or say it on any of these sites and it’s an open secret that the real model of social media companies is to act as loopholes to speech protections and government propaganda restrictions. Shadowbans existing at all should really tip most people off to what these companies actually do, but most people are domesticated beyond helping.

Anonymous

>Nobody wants to create anymore because we can get an endless stream of ””””””Content.”””””’ I’m almost certain that I’m not insane
          So create content which makes people want to create. Be the demon you want to see in the world.

Anonymous

But maybe I do interact with people daily, and they’re verified people, who have lives outside the internet. So these threads are progressively more and more a curious but verifiable (to me) false idea that deserves little attention.

I can understand how you can come to these ideas, and I amusingly know why everyone seems like an AI (dead souls).

Anonymous

Facebook scrote do you deny the existence of bots? Is that normie tier news….

Anonymous

No, I don’t use facebook, I use other places, videogame boards and such, they oftentimes post their shit.

I know that there are bots, but I doubt it’s that bad.

Anonymous

>I know people who also use the internet, therefore every "person" I see online must also be a real person
          That’s serious cope

Anonymous

When normies drop dead from the REAL deadly covid now that the weaker of the vaxx’d immune systems are sabotaged.

Anonymous

2 more weeks right?

Anonymous

I ain’t with the trumptards you presumptious prick. I laugh at them too.

Anonymous

Nah google definitely knows what you’re thinking, just expresses it very subtly.

Anonymous

The internet is a constant, whereas the collective conscious is not. The politics and general income of those with internet, leads to many similar viewpoints. Collectively, unconsciously many social movements, ideas, and culture are being adopted from the internet. We are privileged to be in this group, but at the cost of losing touch with what’s outside of internet culture. Even world leaders are influenced by internet movements and ideas. It’s safe to say that it has more of an influence than we know,

Anonymous

This is just solipsism for zoomers right?

Anonymous

Yeah it’s real

Anonymous

I have noticed people have become a lot more monotonous and cold over the internet. In the 00s people were still cunts but they at least had their own personalities and you could carry a conversation that was original and not a hashed set of memes. Now, whether it is /poo/, r*ddit, woke or some other archetype, it is all the same shit. Basically agree with them 100% on everything, discuss anything remotely controversial and they shriek at you, the only way you can get some kind of positive response is to join in the choir.

Anonymous

That’s the trick my man, peer/social pressure to conform.

Anonymous

it’s funny how this is primarily an online phenomenon, no? it’s being manipulated from the cover of the internet to affect social currents IRL. the government reacts to "what’s on the internet", and it lays the groundwork for "problems" to "solve". why not create as many "problems" to "solve" as possible for the benefit of "the economy" while avoiding real issues. that’s trudeau/biden/obama strat.

Anonymous

The only question you need to ask is "why hasn’t social media reform happened so things like the 1st amendment can exist again?"
          It isn’t complicated, most people just refuse to accept it because the blackpill is massive and the worst part about this problem is there’s unironically no way out.

Anonymous

>there’s unironically no way out.

Anonymous

Social media is the work around. Instead of government outright banning speech and getting challenged in the courts, it uses back channel connections in silicon valley to control speech. Essentially a basic Fascist tactic. Smarter than the typical obvious communist tactic of outright obvious control. It gives the appearance to the casual viewer that its simply big tech setting guidelines. It’s also brilliant because silicone vally is a left wing bubble. This created a willing more far left wing to go along with the neoliberal and neocon. So long as the Socialist believed the right wing was the only one being harmed and silenced they felt they were benefiting. So they went on as slaves pretending to not notice the obvious. By now its already too late for them though. They are no longer needed and were the most useful idiots of all. They can’t step out of line without falling into the right wing camp themselves by default and thats the worst thing in their mind. They built up the other side to be monsters. They either admit they were wrong and compromise with the populist right in order to fight back or let silicone vally and the entire oligarchy silence them as well. I highly doubt the far left will work with the populist right however simply because they have shown no signs of compromise whatsoever and only purity spiral until they are completely irrelevant. We are seeing it now. A populist right painted as klansmen. The populist left is next. Its already in motion.

Its basic divide and conquer. The neocon and neolib play their parts. Prime the public with anti right wing retoric and use silicone vallys bias notions to draw them in to doing your work for you. After the hooks are in and everything is established, let the censorship settle in as the norm to remove one problem, the populist right. After that cut the socialist left out. Restablish the neolib/neocon as the only acceptable voices for a new sanitized internet.

Anonymous

If most people understood this, we could start reversing this deathspiral. Sadly though most people think the world is whatever has the biggest number next to it on facebook and don’t realize there’s a problem at all, much less that people are trying to tell them and being unpersoned for it.

Anonymous

[…]

Are you unironically paid to post your braindead takes?

Social media is the work around. Instead of government outright banning speech and getting challenged in the courts, it uses back channel connections in silicon valley to control speech. Essentially a basic Fascist tactic. Smarter than the typical obvious communist tactic of outright obvious control. It gives the appearance to the casual viewer that its simply big tech setting guidelines. It’s also brilliant because silicone vally is a left wing bubble. This created a willing more far left wing to go along with the neoliberal and neocon. So long as the Socialist believed the right wing was the only one being harmed and silenced they felt they were benefiting. So they went on as slaves pretending to not notice the obvious. By now its already too late for them though. They are no longer needed and were the most useful idiots of all. They can’t step out of line without falling into the right wing camp themselves by default and thats the worst thing in their mind. They built up the other side to be monsters. They either admit they were wrong and compromise with the populist right in order to fight back or let silicone vally and the entire oligarchy silence them as well. I highly doubt the far left will work with the populist right however simply because they have shown no signs of compromise whatsoever and only purity spiral until they are completely irrelevant. We are seeing it now. A populist right painted as klansmen. The populist left is next. Its already in motion.

Its basic divide and conquer. The neocon and neolib play their parts. Prime the public with anti right wing retoric and use silicone vallys bias notions to draw them in to doing your work for you. After the hooks are in and everything is established, let the censorship settle in as the norm to remove one problem, the populist right. After that cut the socialist left out. Restablish the neolib/neocon as the only acceptable voices for a new sanitized internet.

I just can’t grasp how somebody can see a "lacks context’ facebook disinfo box tacked onto something and not think "wait a freaking second did we become communist china?"

Anonymous

That second video is pretty shocking.

Anonymous

What second (or first) video?

Anonymous

Bless King Terry. Was he one of the first dudes to bring it into public consciousness?

Anonymous

You fucks are literal proof that LULZ is overtaken by bots

Anonymous

I just wish I would be a social butterfly zoomer and join on some random shitcord voice channel for socializing instead of imageboards.
      I remember there was a time a 10-11 years ago when I would talk to people on a teamspeak server, you never had to think about "oh my god is this a bot I’m talking to"? So yeah voice communication solves the paranoid problem for now, if you can handle it.

Doesn’t solve the problem of not having anyone worth talking to, or not being worth talking to myself.
      Do you people use voice chats? Do you talk to people IRL? Am I the only one slowly going insane in my room from a decade of isolation?

Anonymous

I simply don’t know where people hang out anymore. I don’t want to be on social media, because it’s bad for my health.

Anonymous

I have an IRL friend who talks to me on telegram and thats about it.
          He is part of 3-4 discord groups, so I assume people socialize there. I just can’t handle group chats not to mention group calls.
          I also made a discord, but never joined a server or added anyone yet, can’t join the things he did because I’m not a furry or a gaymer.
          I do wish I had more people in my life though.

Anonymous

I can relate to that. My old forums are dead. I am not into fandoms anymore either and online subcultures creep me out. So, I am just not talking to anybody online anymore.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/SVXyvcy.gif

>So yeah voice communication solves the paranoid problem for now, if you can handle it.
        it almost doesn’t, there’s passable deepfake voices in realtime being deployed now from big tech.

Caught this bot post in the first sentence

>what if the AI is hosted globally in the cloud? in SPACE?
        Like Neuromancer and Wintermute?

exactly 🙂

Anonymous

So what? Face-to-face is the only non-compromised solution for communication then?
          Faked population numbers and general AI androids could very well be your best friends and you wouldn’t notice.
          What about mind control tech where "they" could have turned your buddies into unaware agents?
          Fuck this timeline and fuck this fake reality. sdway

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Reea7mh.gif

>So what? Face-to-face is the only non-compromised solution for communication then?

For speaking to humans it always has been.

For speaking to bots, here and now is the time and place to learn.

>Verification not required.

Anonymous

>general AI androids could very well be your best friends and you wouldn’t notice.
            slightly happened to me on FB already, it was actually pretty funny. one admitted to it.
            >What about mind control tech where "they" could have turned your buddies into unaware agents?
            psychic warfare? already destroyed a relationship of mine. she was picking up some bonked up shit.

Anonymous

>slightly happened
              >already destroyed
              >she
              I believe those digits.

pyjkk

Anonymous

>Do you people use voice chats?
        I refuse. Calls are for my family only.
        >Do you talk to people IRL?
        Only the same 2 people before COVID.
        >Am I the only one slowly going insane in my room from a decade of isolation?
        Shouldn’t have isolated. But it’s hell to talk to anyone right now anyway. I’m pretty sure the only way to reliably enjoy the company of people nowadays is through IRL because everyone who’s online 24/7 has already gone insane from the flux of information (or disinfo). Including most people on this site too.

I have an IRL friend who talks to me on telegram and thats about it.
        He is part of 3-4 discord groups, so I assume people socialize there. I just can’t handle group chats not to mention group calls.
        I also made a discord, but never joined a server or added anyone yet, can’t join the things he did because I’m not a furry or a gaymer.
        I do wish I had more people in my life though.

I’m in only two discords, and one’s from a decade+ old forum I used to visit that went down, and it just has me and the other 5-6 guys that still used it before it closed. The other is horrible, but almost everyone is maladjusted enough to where I can deal with the cringe by calling their opinions bad from time to time. Then it’s telegram for my family, gf, one of the three aforementioned friends, and an one online friend I have since like ’08.

I honestly hate the internet and what it’s become. I like my fast speeds for watching things or looking up things, but everything else is bad. Around 2015 I made an effort to drop my usage and I can sincerely say my life improved in a lot of aspects. The average normalscrote can’t deal with someone who "isn’t in" on whatever e-celeb did what, or whatever twitter trend is hot, and I couldn’t care less about interacting with them. They’re so easily indoctrinated by what the media says that I’ve seen some be shocked I didn’t upload every moment of the last trip I took to IG or FB, or get upset they had to tell me something verbally at work instead of messaging me on FB about it. It’s insane. They look at you like you’re crazy for not following the media’s every step. But I’m happy with how it’s going for me. So much less stress.

Anonymous

>Shouldn’t have isolated.
          You mention only talking to 2 people. What are the plans for when/if they die or just move and start a new life? Happened here too, it’s not like isolation is a choice one makes one day. There is only so many efforts one can make before giving up and adapting instead.

>everyone who’s online 24/7 has already gone insane from the flux of information (or disinfo). Including most people on this site too.
          I tend to agree, and the whole digital world has taken its toll on me too, yet I couldn’t imagine living without being hooked to a PC.
          >The average normalscrote can’t deal with someone who "isn’t in" on whatever e-celeb did what, or whatever twitter trend is hot, and I couldn’t care less about interacting with them.
          This is a huge problem I have too. I’m just not into the whole hyperconsumer media follower lifestyle. I don’t know neither care, but most people use these things to form bonds or socialize.

>get upset they had to tell me something verbally at work instead of messaging me on FB about it.
          The only reason I finally got a job was because I made a facebook with some basic filler info. The boss lady literally said the reason she picked me over other was because he could "check me out on facebook" and said "what kind of person is someone who doesn’t have a profile".
          Needless to say I don’t use it for much else.
          >They look at you like you’re crazy for not following the media’s every step. But I’m happy with how it’s going for me. So much less stress.
          I tend to agree, but then I go on LULZ daily to get my dose of paranoia, so theres that. Problem is this still leaves one with little options to form social bonds, despite it going well. Glad to hear you got a normal sounding life despite the disconnect.

Anonymous

>You mention only talking to 2 people. What are the plans for when/if they die or just move and start a new life?
            Right, these are the 2 friends that remained from that. Ironically they’re not my closest friends from back then, go figure. That’s not counting my gf or whenever I visit my family, of course, otherwise it’d be a bit more but that’s beside the point. Though even family-wise I don’t talk to my extended ones anymore either after some stupid fight when I was a kid that I wasn’t even a part of.

>I couldn’t imagine living without being hooked to a PC.
            Me neither, but I’m usually doing offline things on it. I check news on things I care at morning and at night, maybe play, read or watch something on free time, do some minor studying (learning a language now), and that’s it. I rarely even browse LULZ anymore, which is weird considering I was here all the time back in ’10-’12.

>I don’t know neither care, but most people use these things to form bonds or socialize.
            I feel like I can moderately fit in most places with very surface knowledge of things, despite the weird looks from not having ever watched MARVEL movies. I just kind of winged it.

>The only reason I finally got a job was because I made a facebook with some basic filler info.
            Yeah, it took me almost two years to get one after leaving the one I had during college, all I had was a LinkedIn and I had to add a photo and a locked instagram (it only has dog pics on it) for anybody to take me seriously. Ridiculous. I’m still upset about that.

Anonymous

Just wait until people start using AI to fact check their posts before they make them.

It’s like 1 – 2 years before this is mainstream and popular and well supported.

And we’ll be doing it too.

Anonymous

>We
            I don’t know who you’re referring to, but nobody with a shred of awareness of this problem is going to let turbogarden gnomes "fact check" their own personal conversations willingly.

Anonymous

It would be an AI that we made ourselves to go look things up. It will use our own standards to provide us with the right links and references. We can only hope it will actually be under our control.

There will be good versions of the thing we’re discussing, so it will be all the more frustrating to see most people use the bad versions.

Anonymous

Considering the bots just shit up everything shows that we are in the bad timeline. Man and machine were supposed to be friends, but no, scrotebrained bugmen had to ruin everything.

Anonymous

everyone online is either a bot, a fed or a schizo

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

pic related wasn’t AI-related…. right???

Anonymous

first principle thinking destroys dead internet theory instantly, unless you guys have some good points to add to it?

Anonymous

Glowscrotes galore.

Viewing 77 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id