Convince me that Christianity is the truth

Home Forums General & off-topic Convince me that Christianity is the truth

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Convince me that Christianity is the truth and not just another false religion that humanity created.

Anonymous

hey OP forgive me if u think that i’m trying to slide ur thread but this thread does seem to be the perfect place i can ask this and that being other anons thoughts on genetic survival,hereditarianism,determinism,fatalism,nihlism & absursidism and its arguments against the so called divine spirit and christianity.
      i’m relatively a newscrote and this

[…]

post kinda motivated me to post here

Anonymous

>hereditarianism interesting scientific theory and compatible with any religion
        >determinism,fatalism,nihlism & absursidism
        All cringe and fake and gay things made up as cope by people who either have shitty terrible lives and cope by going “hehe yeah my life is awful and I’m a loser scrote but I guess in the end we die, so that means no ones life matters. Take that chads!” And for the predetermined it’s the same shit “I’m a scrote loser scrotebrain but it’s not my fault, free will is too scary because it means some things had in my life are my own fault, so I’ll just deny that and say magic makes me this way and I can’t ever change”

Anonymous

Closed minded. How about taking it the opposite way: we’re all gonna die so I should live every day to better myself and uplift the people around me. Fear of failure gets thrown out.
          >hereditarianism
          lol

Anonymous

>lol
            care to deboonk it pal?look at the heitability of iq,conscientiousness,persnality traits,political leanings,looks,etc.

Anonymous

if you’re actually interested and not just trying to stir the pot (you are), then here’s a great book you can read for such an argument
      and since you’re too lazy and stubborn to either get the book or take the time to read it, here’s a fan-made audiobook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrd76_o00E&list=PLJ4cgfQlICJm5DGBWDEmEcHqWyB9P2r6P
      but I’m sure you won’t even bother listening to that because you don’t actually want an answer to your question, you just want to bitch and complain and start conflict with other people

Anonymous

Can you say the best arguments of the book?

Anonymous

>proves his point

Anonymous

Absolutely woke af. This book was one of the most important I read during my awakening to Christianity. Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis was another.

Can you say the best arguments of the book?

Just read the book, or listen to the audiobook the other guy linked. It’s relatively short. You aren’t going to find religious truth through laziness. Good luck to you and God bless. Sincerely.

Anonymous

If you aren’t able to write the best arguments of the book here i don’t see it why I should waste my time reading it.

Anonymous

You. Are. Not. Going. To. Receive. Religious. Truth. Through. Laziness.
            Some greentext synopsis will never do Father Seraphim’s work justice. Just listen to the audiobook. It’s like 3.5 hours and conveniently segmented. It would also not kill you to read a bloody book.

Anonymous

All I’m asking is for the best argument that Christianism is the truth that the book has. If this is too much to ask then I think you didn’t understand the book as you aren’t able to reproduce one of its arguments.

Anonymous

The other guy was right. You are just stirring the pot. The nerve of suggesting other people can’t comprehend what they read when you can’t be bothered to pick up a book when it’s handed to you on a plate.
                This isn’t Jordan Peterson we’re talking about. This book requires multiple reads and supplementary research to fully appreciate. If you can’t be bothered with that, then there’s not much I can do. But I certainly won’t do some anonymous LULZ contrarian’s theological enquiery for them. You get out of your relationship with Christ what you put into it.
                I will say that Rose’s Nihilism is one of the most important books written on Christianity in the last century, so I’m sure there are plenty of resources online that abridge its arguments in some way. I don’t see why you would need that for a ~100 page book, but whatever. Good luck and God bless you.

Anonymous

It’s astounding how you cannot show me any argument that the book uses. I can basically explain to you right now any scientific theory or abstract mathematical concept, I can summarize the ideas of the most complex works of literature from heart of darkness to war and peace right now. And yet your arguments for christianism are somehow so sophisticated that only by reading a book you can understand them. Funny as hell.

Anonymous

You’re completely missing the point. I never said that I couldn’t. My point is that the material and subject matter is so important that you have to engage with it yourself for it to be fully appreciated. Like I said, one of the things about Christianity is that it, like all things of value, takes great effort. Your contrarisnism and cynicism means that you’re falling at the first hurdle. You clearly think very highly of your intelligence, so a couple of hours to read a book that could very well change your outlook on life shouldn’t be as taxing as you’re making it out to be.
                    Good luck and God bless you. I hope you find Christ.

Anonymous

Translation: To believe in the bible you must first assume God exists at the start and not use any critical thinking while reading the book.

Anonymous

More like you have to want something and work hard towards achieving it before you can have it. Good luck, man.

Anonymous

To believe the bible you need to have a soul, a thing that you lot lack. Atheist is the worst insult in any language, as it denotes both lack of soul and reason, a walking NPC that wants confirmation from an external source of things direct5observable and discernable.
                        The tragedy of the midwit is that he knows there are people less inteligent than him but cant fathom that his dunning Kruegger level can’t be the highest.

Anonymous

>you need to have a soul
                        No such thing and I can prove it.

>a walking NPC that wants confirmation from an external source of things.
                        So I guess wanting to be able to verify if something is accurate makes you stupid? Lmao. As opposed to what? Just blindly believing any scrotebrained thing that is written in your gnomish fairytale?

Anonymous

You dont need to prove me that you have no soul, I called you on that first.
                        Your efforts to show sentience are futile, you showed your midwit hand.

Anonymous

Neither do you. Though maybe you’re too dense to understand that’s what I meant. The fact that you can get drunk or high proves your conciousness is just a material process in the brain and nothing more. If you think you can explain how a physical process can somehow affect your "eternal" and "immaterial" soul than go ahead. But seeing how low your IQ is I kind of doubt it.

Anonymous

Your midwit fables that you swallow line hook and sinker were developed and shilled by Jesuits, all crypto garden gnomes. All accepted cosmology contradicts the 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics, DNA violates 1st law of information and 2nd law of thermodynamics. You have no freaking clue what you’re talking about.
                        There is no proof of Earth’s motion on any axis and no proof of curvature, no picture of earth’s from space. Midwit.

Anonymous

>DNA violates 1st law of information and 2nd law of thermodynamics. You have no freaking clue what you’re talking about.
                        Lmfao you idiot

Anonymous

Hahahahah you have no answer you punk ass hoe. Go and look up how a fully developed computer language evolved

Anonymous

>1st law of information.

Literally just invented by christ cucks to fool gullible simpletons like you that DNA and life couldn’t have formed naturally. It’s not an actual law and no real scientist believes that.

Anonymous

Your entire delusion rests on astronomical odds that the primordial soup combined into DNA and RNA (going from simple to complex in violation of 2nd law of thermodynamics) in an impossible universe that exploded in perfect order, with physical laws, and Pi and Phi and Golden Ratio and constants everywhere in nature, just so you dont have to admit that you are a creation.
                        But the midwitt pride is blinding you to the truth.
                        As someone above said, you were created like this and for a good reason. To show us all what a pitiful fool a godless man is.

Anonymous

It doesnt violate thermodynamics. The earth is not a closed system. This claim has been refuted a thousand times already yet you scrotebrains never catch on. Instead you choose to believe in LITERAL fairytales while denying actual observable reality.

Anonymous

It’s so funny that they think earth is a closed system. Like theyve never gone outside during the day and looked up, then put two and two together

Anonymous

The universe is a closed system scrote. At any point from Jesuit bing bang to today the universe is a closed system. Earth itself is a closed system, unless you want to explain how you can maintain vacuum and pressure at the same time, without a separator between (atmosphere is gas, before you start telling me how air and noble gases are ackshuly the best separator).

Anonymous

Lmao it’s funny seeing how you morons are unable to grasp basic science. Earth receives energy from the sun. That energy allows life to propagate. That energy did not come from Earth. This means EARTH IS NOT A CLOSED SYSTEM. How stupid can you be?

Anonymous

You dont know shit scrote, you assume that what you (((know))) aka what you’ve been told , is correct. But you little appeal to authority scrote cannot fathom that you’ve been lied to, that cant be not with your Bantu intellect. scrote

Anonymous

Would never expect more intelligence from someone who thinks earth is a closed system because he hasn’t considered the sun for .5 seconds.

Idiot white trash.

Anonymous

I had u scrote, u haven’t. asteras planetas are just lights on the firmament not solid places you can visit. scrote

Anonymous

I’m sorry but you can literally see that the earth is round when a ship passes below the horizon. The fact that your are too mentally deficient to observe something that obvious proves my point that creationist christcucks are truly nothing more than subhuman.

Anonymous

That is the weakest argument possible and well worth of a midwit. The record for photography is 300 miles, impossible on a sphere.
                        Explain how computer languages evolve from primordial soup

Anonymous

You realise that DNA is not a computer language right? Thats what’s called an ALLEGORY. It’s a collection of organic chemicals. And the way it formed is well understood by real scientists. Just because you don’t accept it shows that either you failed high school biology or you are disingenuous fuck. Or both lmao.

Anonymous

No scrote, DNA IS a computer language, it contains the tools and the library of ALL life on earth. The totally of earth’s genomes makes up the entire DNA and RNA of the plane we’re living. The odds of DNA and RNA (((evolving))) ex nihilo and randomly is lower than winning the lottery in every country for every draw for your entire life, week in and week out. scrote brain

Anonymous

You can literally look it up for yourself scrotebrain.

Anonymous

Where the fuck the information from the first strand of DNA came you freaking gnomish scrote? From the chance occurrence in the primordial soup . And you believe that ( you dont KNOW that).
                        Congrats, you just subscribed to a cult you scrote .

Anonymous

>DNA violates 1st law of information and 2nd law of thermodynamics. You have no freaking clue what you’re talking about.
                        >There is no proof of Earth’s motion on any axis and no proof of curvature, no picture of earth’s from space. Midwit.
                        Daily reminder that right wing anti science Christians are sub-human animals

Anonymous

In your so.y addled mind Java script evolved from volcanoes. Hahahahhahaha 24 IQ monkey scrote.

Anonymous

You’re just completely braindead.

Anonymous

You (clap) Are(clap) Not(clap) Going(clap) To(clap). Receive(clap) Religious(clap) Truth(clap) Through(clap) Laziness(clap)
              YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS SLAAAAAAAAY

Anonymous

How is a critique on nihilism proof of YHWH? Evola argues the thing and thought Christianity was cancer.

Anonymous

the book says it’s true so it obviously is

Dirk
        Anonymous

>the NT is historically reliable
        it’s mythology

Dirk

K

Anonymous

they were burned mostly for refusing to sacrifice to the imperial cult, burning Rome and being subversive yids. There wasn’t a questionnaire prior to execution that asked "do you believe in the resurrection"?

Dirk

They were persecuted because they were christian. They were christian because they witnessed the miracles, especially resurrection

Anonymous

they were persecuted because they refused to sacrifice to the imperial cult and chimped out in Rome. Had the cult of Endovelicus or Astarte done the same, they would have been persecuted. That they were punished for their crimes isn’t proof for the authenticity of their insane claims.

Dirk

Youre not getting the point

Anonymous

does christianity take away your self-awareness?

Anonymous

This is a very poor understanding of how information spreads and myths are formed. You could apply this same argument to Hinduism easily, but I don’t think you believe in the Hindu gods and heroes.

Anonymous

A lot of people die by stupid beliefs, like those of the jonestown massacre and heaven’s gate cult. This doesn’t prove christianism is right lol.

Anonymous

>"People wouldn’t believe for no reason"
            >Mean while in islam people blow them selves up for virgins in heaven

Anonymous

The difference is, those people are attacking their perceived enemy. Christian Martyrs weren’t gaining anything (worldly)

Anonymous

>Christian Martyrs weren’t gaining anything (worldly)
                They became idols of the Catholic and Orthodox churches

Anonymous

They were martyrs you scrote. What is the worldly benefit of becoming a saint you scrotebrained monkey nigg3r?

Anonymous

>christian getting angry
                    careful boy you are gonna get sent to hell

Anonymous

>Christian Martyrs weren’t gaining anything (worldly)
                But their gaining eternal life and a sure way to heaven according to their beliefs. There are many cults in history where its members killed themselves or let someone kill them because of their religious beliefs (jonestown massacre,…)

Anonymous

That has to be the dumbest argument of all time. It’s literally following lemmings off a cliff.

Anonymous

Yes he tried to collect money from gentile Christians

Anonymous

1. That’s debatable, what we do with science is creating a really precise method of understing reallity, but we may never know everything and thus creating a theory of everything.
        2. That’s an old unfalsifiable and unprovable axiom, and things like Dialetheism and Paraconsistent logic go against it.
        3. How is this true? For me no theistic God exists.
        4. Only if God exists.
        5. There are no verifiable miracles.
        6. That’s debatable. Even if Jesus existed, it is more probable that his "miracles" are inventions rather than truths.
        7. Many people claimed to be god or gods during history. I believe that the roman emperors started claiming to be gods right before jesus, for example.
        8. Some ancient book saying that a guy did miracles isn’t proof of nothing, If jesus existed he was just a guy that knew how to fool people, he never ressurected as no one can ressurect.
        9. I don’t believe in any miracle jesus did, as i don’t believe in the miracles of muhammed or of gautama buddha. That’s just legends that never really happened.
        10. But jesus isn’t god, there’s no god.
        11. Wasn’t the bible compiled like three hundred years after jesus died?
        12. Nah.

Anonymous

Lay off the herbs you’re smoking

Anonymous

>The NT is historically reliable
        freaking HUGE kek
        >says that the truth about reality is unknowable
        >proceeds to assume a theistic god exist as absolute truth
        This list laughably bad, only someone with a single digit IQ could fall for something like this

Anonymous

no I rather watch you burn in hell, reprobate

Anonymous

isnt that a sin ?

Anonymous

>isn’t that a sin?
          Lmao you really think Christ came to extol bourgeois courtesy to the masses

Anonymous

>being merciful
            >bourgeois value
            ?

Anonymous

What’s mercy have to do with it? You know the score, it’s the impoliteness that you find “sinful”(Lmao)

Anonymous

Its highly likely it is true.

does it matter?

woke af on false assumptions
          conclusion is just god of the gaps

all explanatory theories in science are a variant of an ‘of the gaps’ """""fallacy""""""

Anonymous
              Anonymous

>i hope christ enlightens u soon my boy.
              You aren’t reprobate by accident my man. You are reprobate because God wants you that way.

Anonymous

>You aren’t reprobate by accident my man.
                suffering is divine

Anonymous

Suffering aka stoicism is fit only for sub 125 IQ, aka midwits, the most useless of philosophy, there is no innate honour in suffering and no ultimate truth.

Anonymous

>Its highly likely it is true.
            How do you calculate this probability?

Anonymous

>OT is largely made up by garden gnomes butthurt by the Persians
      >both Old and New Testaments are full of both blatant and subtle stolen pagan mythology (Canaanite, Babylonian, Greek, and Persian mostly)
      >God is an unprovable argument (i.e. logical loophole)
      >Jesus makes more sense as a back-formation to explain Christian origins than a straightforward founder, like Romulus does too
      >the concept of the soul doesn’t make sense with modern scientific knowledge unless you believe that literally every particle in existence has soul
      There are a few reasons to move on from Christianity. I like it personally, but I can’t accept it as genuine truth. It’s too bullshit to be true

Dirk

>God is unprovable
        Refute kalam

Anonymous

woke af on false assumptions
          conclusion is just god of the gaps

Dirk

What false assumptions?
            Does the conclusion God exists follow from the premises?

Anonymous

First cause
              Nope

Dirk

Explain

Anonymous

Already did

Anonymous

>tripscrote is scrotebrained
          Imagine my surprise

Anonymous

>Refute kalam
          That argument is woke af on the god of the gaps. As we don’t know for certain the origin of the universe the answer must be god. Why god? Why the christian god?

Anonymous

>Why a primary being powerful enough to generate the universe
            If the shoe fits <<<< that is how 100% of modern science is done.
            Science can not end it can never give total surety. It will always be shots at ‘the best explanation’ and never directly causal.
            We can say things are directly causal in an ordinary way, but with precise language we can not generate a ’cause’ of anything.
            This is a Kantian issue.
            >why the Christian God
            it is highly likely God was known in a primordial form to primordial man, and evolution of spirituality created a diverse array of Heresies over the Ages, Glaciers and Sabretooths all on the same road as Arius or Luther.

Anonymous

>If the shoe fits <<<< that is how 100% of modern science is done.
              Lmao that’s certainly not how modern science is done for fuck’s sake. No one go around and then says "well if I can’t explain it then it must be god!", actually it is the freaking opposite lol. You can’t scientifically prove something for starters, there’s no such thing as scientific proof. Science is woke af on experiments and they being falsifiable. No science is done using arguments like kalam’s to "prove" something, the claim of god existing is unfalsifiable and unscientific.
              >Science can not end it can never give total surety. It will always be shots at ‘the best explanation’ and never directly causal.
              And that’s why science is so much better than not being able to explain things and then saying it is so because of a god. In science there’s no proof of things, only good and bad theories that can be falsifiable and that is why it is so much better than philosophy or theology which are a waste of time for the most part.
              >it is highly likely God was known in a primordial form to primordial man
              How do you calculate this probability? There is no god for starters.

Anonymous

>the concept of the soul doesn’t make sense with modern scientific knowledge
        i bet you freaking love science

Anonymous

It isn’t true. The bible claims that the world is flat with a dome on top where all the water is stored. Also Yahweh was never the "one true god" he was just one God among many but over time his role changed. This indicates clearly it was all made up.

Anonymous

it’s feasible a monotheistic entity "hijacked" a middle eastern religion

Anonymous

Your argument is circular as it assumes God is real at the start. Also wouldn’t doing that make god a liar? And its not that some new deity came about to replace the old ones, yahweh was literally part of the pantheon already and was subservient to the deity know as El.

Anonymous

It’s not an argument, I thought it was a fun idea if the sudden proliferation of the religion afterwards was due to some deity taking over.

Anonymous

All of these are true and I can smell your so.y through the screen.

Anonymous

My recommendation is living through the Spirit and thinking for yourself rather than trying to cleave to a group for your identity.

Anonymous

This isn’t something that could be done on LULZ. You’re going to have read a lot of philosophy, history and the Bible and come to a conclusion on your own.

I’m still in the process of figuring it out for myself. Enjoy the journey.

Anonymous

Lord’s apostles literally gave their lives to announce the Gospel.

Anonymous

al-Qaeda gave their lives to announce the Quran

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.