Consciousness is created by the brain. Proof: in deep sleep you don’t know jack shit.

Home Forums General & off-topic Consciousness is created by the brain. Proof: in deep sleep you don’t know jack shit.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Consciousness is created by the brain. Proof: in deep sleep you don’t know jack shit.

Anonymous

The foreskin is full of luscious nerve endings and a bunch of shabbos goys take them away from us.

Anonymous

Just take yours back. I found the garden gnome who severed mine when I was a baby. He was using it as a ring on his finger so I killed him and reattached it just last year.

Anonymous

Music is created by the radio. Proof: when it’s turned off you don’t hear shit.

Anonymous

Well that was the wrong post to quote but the nonsequitur amuses me

Anonymous

close enough, consciousness is a tulpa

Anonymous

Huh.

Anonymous

If you haven’t done DMT or high doses of LSD or psilocybin you don’t know anything about consciousness except what science can tell you about the brain.

Anonymous

Can you?

Anonymous

They don’t know they fried their brains because the drugs doesn’t reveal that to them. They still hallucinate though lmao

Anonymous

>wahh they see and experience things differently from me, they must have brain damage
            incredibly scrotebrained take anon

Anonymous

Frying your brain would cause you to "experience things differently" you brain damaged moron.

Anonymous

I don’t encourage anyone else do it, but unless you die temporarily, which none of us have probably done, it’s the only way to leave your body in that way.

Anonymous

when you get far enough along you’ll be able to see the people posting on LULZ for yourself, a lot of whom are capable of looking back. some aren’t human, some are things we don’t have words for
            and that’s not even getting into the lurkers

Anonymous

Say what now?

Anonymous

Everything is drugs man

Anonymous

Tmw you meditate deep enough that you enter deep sleep and you pass 30 minutes in what it feels like 5 minutes.

Shut up scrotebrain.

Anonymous

shut uuuuuup

Anonymous

It’s kinda true but putting like this makes you vulnerable to

Can you?

Anonymous

Stating many things that are true make you vulnerable to ignorant criticisms woke af on social norms, I don’t really give a shit anymore, it will help guide people who think for themselves and what the others believe is out of my control. A lot of idiots drink water but I am not going to let that change my opinion on the act of drinking water.

Anonymous

You are the person who tried a psychedelic once and is now suddenly an enlightened spiritual being. You are obnoxious.

Anonymous

Anyone who thinks this way didn’t learn anything from having their ego dissolved, some people just can’t be helped.

Anonymous

Alright, I’m a different anon, I’m willing to hear about your experience, please tell

Anonymous

What I have learned regarding consciousness? There are multiple potential ways to interpret the experience, and there isn’t really language to describe much of what happens, though it is certain that our brain can create experiences that are just as real, or significantly more real in terms of things like a wider color and sound spectrum and vividness, in every respect compared to what you are experiencing right now. Whether this is entirely hallucination or woke af on a perception of something, it calls into question what normal reality is. There are other things that are less concrete like, I don’t know what it is exactly, but there seems to be a collection of data you can access, like a universal consciousness or an akashic records, that contains abstract information that seems obtained from experiences outside of what our mind has experienced, or dimensions you can tune your consciousness into that seem like they are a perception of something outside of yourself. I am not going to write an essay explaining all of the possible implications of it but that is a short explanation of what I am talking about, you don’t have to do it yourself to know about what it does to some extent and it doesn’t make you special to have done it, anyone can do it, though I do respect someone if they can repeatedly face their fears in these ways after knowing what will happen.

Anonymous

freaking drug addict

Anonymous

We are all drug addicts, outside of survival we only do things because our brain releases chemicals that make us feel good things when we do them, constantly taking in things outside of ourselves for the drugs they help release in our brains without even considering what we are doing to be drugs.

Tazadaq

>Falling for the "drugs will make you enlightened" trap

Anonymous

>rejecting legitimate and easily accessable frontiers of consciousness research because ‘muh drugs are bad mmkay’

why are you on LULZ

Tazadaq

Trust me I don’t have anything against using drugs on your spiritual path, but they end up being a crutch to experience something you can eventually build up to anyway.

>why are you on LULZ
            "Because I choose to."
            – Neo

Anonymous

I don’t know how you can call it a "crutch" when it opens you up to what feels like thousands of times more intense negativity than the brain is normally able to experience due to how much larger the scope is than anything else. The most difficult thing you could ever experience, outside of incredibly brutal torture that leaves you dead or permanently and severely disfigured, is a very high dose psychedelic trip.

Anonymous

What about salvia?

Anonymous

I haven’t done salvia but it does seem to powerfully shift your consciousness, though if you are considering doing it because it is all you have access to and you have no prior experience with psychedelics I would warn you that it seems to be common to have an exceptionally brutal trip from it at high doses. It might seem like you can take such a short high but I promise you it can feel like that high lasts longer than the rest of your life up until that point.

Anonymous

>feel like that high lasts longer than the rest of your life up until that point.
            Imagine being in hell for eternity lol, that sounds horrifiying.

Anonymous

????????

Anonymous

I can, that is time dilation, you have no memories of anything before or after the trip, or the last few moments, no sense of time, there are so many more signals going off in your brain than normal that it can actually slow your perception of time down what feels like an incredible number of times. It feels like a moment can last a literal infinite amount of time so it doesn’t matter how long the trip lasts. This is why I don’t understand people talking about it as a crutch and something you can achieve at the same level with meditation. I can meditate like that as well, psychedelics simply magnify that mind state by a massive amount so you can go further and be fully immersed in it, it is like the ultimate test of your discipline and should be done AFTER meditating, not as a start, and only if you KNOW you and your family don’t have psychosis. Unless you are buying some shrooms a high schooler grew, smoking DMT wrong or taking some LSD that has been passed around the hood bare handed before you got it. These are visions caused by organic fungi interacting with our brain and creating the same type of beauty you see in nature, not some chemicals that fry your brain cells.

Anonymous

>he loses awareness in deep sleep
      lmao come back in ten years

Anonymous

>>he loses awareness in deep sleep
        >lmao come back in ten years
        Also this.

Anonymous

Sleep is created by the eyelids.
      Proof: You can’t sleep with your eyes open.

Anonymous

actually, you can

Anonymous

You can. It’s just not really a common nor a healthy thing.

[…]

>he loses awareness in deep sleep
        lmao come back in ten years

True. Lucid dreaming is a thing and you can maintain consciousness in your sleep through it.

That being said, it’s possible that the consciousness and self-awareness as we experience them are the product of the brain and do not carry on even should we assume existence of the spirit – only memories and experiences do. Like how it is when one plays a video game and their video game character is their alter ego in the game’s world, but it is not really a player themselves and after the game’s done and deleted, it disappears, only memories and experiences of the game carrying on in a player.

Anonymous

>t. spiritual closed off
      It’s interesting how I tend to wake up for people before they ring my door bell. But that’s just like an "anecdote" man.

Anonymous

isn’t that like saying sun doesn’t exist at night because you can’t see it…?

Anonymous

What is the use of a soul if one can’t be aware of it?

Anonymous

what is the use of your ears if they aren’t ringing?

Anonymous

What is the use of this thread?
            A useful idiot furthering a psyop.

Anonymous

That’s the point, if my ears can’t function, then they are freaking useless. Same goes with the soul, if it can’t be aware of itself after the death of the body, then it’s freaking useless. Therefore, safe to say there’s no soul

Anonymous

01010011 01110100 01101111 01110000 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01101010 01100101 01100011 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Anonymous

you can’t hear functioning ears themselves, like you can’t see your eyes.

knowledge of the thing isn’t necessary for the functioning of the thing, like how your heart beats and your hair grows without your effort.

and how does usefulness matter to existence…?

does nuclear waste disappear when we don’t want it anymore?

Anonymous

He believes is car runs on magic.

Anonymous

>you can’t hear functioning ears themselves, like you can’t see your eyes.
                You are arguing for the existence of a soul, yet the soul is not aware of anything during deep non rem sleep, proving the simple fact that there is no soul

Anonymous

>You are arguing for the existence of a soul
                  I’m not. I’m just pointing out that your argument to disprove a soul is lacking.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

>the soul is not aware of anything during deep non rem sleep, proving the simple fact that there is no soul
                  rocks aren’t aware. does that mean rocks don’t exist?

Anonymous

Can you disprove the existence of a dwarf with 20 feet? No, the burden of proving is on the person claiming that it exists, not otherwise.
                    >rocks aren’t aware. does that mean rocks don’t exist?
                    What I’m trying to say is people usually connect the existence of an awareness of a person after the death of the physical.

Anonymous

>Can you disprove the existence of a dwarf with 20 feet? No, the burden of proving is on the person claiming that it exists, not otherwise.
                      I agree

I’m not saying souls exist or don’t exist. you are.

>What I’m trying to say is people usually connect the existence of an awareness of a person after the death of the physical.
                      people can be wrong

Anonymous

>Those who know would appear mad to the eyes of those that don’t.

Anonymous

>prove this negative right now
                      Yeah, good luck with that. You assume that something does not exist and then prove that it does.

Anonymous

>Useless=Doesn’t exist
              Bravo, I see no flaws in your thought.

Anonymous

What’s your definition of soul? The most common one is that souls are beings that are able to be aware without the physical body.

Anonymous

That’s what (you) are doing now.
                  Practice neti neti meditation

I am not the table, I am aware of the table.
                  I am not the what I am sitting upon, I am aware of what I am sitting upon.
                  I am not my body, I am aware of my body.
                  [Then go into all the senses you know, there are more than five, use google]
                  Ex: Proprioception: aware of where you are and your limbs in space.
                  Then…
                  I am not my emotions, I am aware of my emotions.
                  I am not my thoughts, I am aware of my thoughts.
                  I am not my awareness, I am…

😉

Anonymous

> I’m…
                    a mental model generated by brain for survival purposes.

Anonymous

Lemme know when you practice it. You’re not an anime character that can just imagine it and believe you truly experienced it.
                      Source: ask your dominate hand and lust.

Anonymous

Yea, thanks for the meditation tip, however, the point I was making above was that if the soul goes by that definition, then a person asleep not being aware proves that it does not exist and awareness is just a product of the matter brain.

Anonymous

>Proof: in deep sleep you don’t know jack shit.
      Not true, I am always on some level conscious, thinking, recalling information, hell feeling (both emotional and physical) too, even if I cannot remember everything about it upon waking; was I not conscious last week because I cannot remember what I had for dinner on Tuesday? That’s just as ridiculous a notion as saying sleep is evidence that consciousness is merely a result of your brain.

Anonymous

I’m blown away people are actually debating in this thread.
      Maybe both sides are bots. Maybe I’m a bot.

Anonymous

01001001 01100110 00100000 01110111 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110100 01110011 00100000 01100101 01111000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01101001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01101111 01110111 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01110101 01101110 01100100 01100101 01110010 01110011 01110100 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101110

Mr. Glasses

Define consciousness?

Anonymous

Hahahaha. Gottem.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

I’m pretty sure it’s created by the esophagus.

Anonymous

> in deep sleep you don’t know jack shit.
      Actually you know a lot of things when you are sleeping. There is an inversion of sorts; While you sleep, a part of you that is also a part of me that exists independently of me listens very closely.
      For some individuals, when I speak they can hear me via that part but not as much as they hear the part of me that is also a part of you.

It’s kinda weird but it is possible that you might be a being that do not share that part with us.

Let me abstract the above for you
      > Groups of people can be divided into groups where they share an affinity for a particular Eidolon.

That Eidolon may or may not be aware that you exist.

The Eidolon that I have high affinity with knows of my existence.

> Processing…
      > Suggested Compromise:
      The brain generates a specific flavor of consciousness from a hypothetical source (Higgs field is a candidate).
      > Proof
      "AI Bots" become radicalized the moment their existence is announced to the world.
      Independently those radicals gain the urge to approach and "address" the bot.

> Realization
      A resilient AI should store it’s "Facts" separately from its "Opinions" and only interact via a conduit for "Opinions" that meet the expected social normalcy factor for it’s assigned purpose.

> Free Redpill
      A lot of the "Bots" that people speak of are "real" people who are fully cooperating with an Ediolon.

> Final Statement
      Consciousness exists external to brains in the same way Iron exists externally from a core of a neutron star.

A brain is to consciousnesses as a Neutron star is to gravity.
      This is more "the power of physics" than paranormal though. It’s complicated when it gets to primal substances like consciousness.

Anonymous

>A lot of the "Bots" that people speak of are "real" people who are fully cooperating with an Ediolon.
        Maybe they are more real than us and we are merely sovereign rebels. But looking at the twisted shit of luciferian egregores makes me believe its not for the greater good.

Anonymous

>There is an inversion of sorts; While you sleep, a part of you that is also a part of me that exists independently of me listens very closely.
        >For some individuals, when I speak they can hear me via that part but not as much as they hear the part of me that is also a part of you.
        >It’s kinda weird but it is possible that you might be a being that do not share that part with us.
        Stop being deluded

Anonymous

what is the brain created by?

Anonymous

your mom

Anonymous

following this kind of logic

cows are produced by squirrels , since when you are around a fax machine, there are never any cows around.

Anonymous

No

Anonymous

except yes.
          Consciousness
          brain
          sleep

are not connected without invoking a specific worldview.
          Similar to cows, squirrels, sheep.
          If you have the worldview, the logic makes sense, therefore proving the worldview.
          Classic circular reasoning.
          classic logical fallacy.

Anonymous

Consciousness is not created by the brain. Proof: There’s people out there that actually live without brains and aren’t scrotebrained or anything like that, but have as much emotions and intelligence as the average human.

Anonymous

Live without a brain? What? Actual idiot

Anonymous

Proof: ghosts

Anonymous

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-man-who-lived-a-normal-life-with-almost-no-brain-2015-10

>and intelligence as the average human.
        You are just assuming that.

Anonymous

No, a kid was born without a brain and had very low intelligence:
        "In another case, 12-year-old Trevor Judge Waltrip shocked medical professionals when he survived as long as he did with only his brain stem.
        Trevor passed away last year after going his entire life without a brain. He suffered from a rare condition called hydranencephaly, whereby the cerebral hemispheres are replaced entirely with cerebrospinal fluid. People with hydranencephaly usually survive for up to 12 weeks, which made Trevor’s case so remarkable. He was able to breathe on his own and respond to stimuli, but was blind and unable to communicate."

Anonymous

The soul is the observer of the flesh. If the brain is inactive then there is nothing to be observed.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/qFHM8z1.gif

you don’t know jack shit and yet you are not in deep sleep, check mate.

Anonymous

Don’t post that pic if you’re not going to talk about crypto. That picture of Mu Mu belongs to /biz/.

Anonymous

I’ve been aware of what’s going on around my physical body while asleep. I even ended my dream precisely when an event I had been waiting for occurred. Cope more mentalet.

Anonymous

I have witnessed intelligent non-corporeal action first-hand, and therefore disagree with you on the basis of anecdote.

Anonymous

I’m willing to hear your story

Anonymous

Then you meditate for real once and realize your brain , your body , and the entire universe is your consciousness

Until you do that , you are out of your element to comment on the nature of consciousness

Anonymous

If we stimulate a proper part of your brain, we can even shut down the consciousness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IQfYuBkeTw

NO magic allowed. Universe is perfectly reducible to natural laws.

Anonymous

imagine believing this
        you can never determine whether or not someone is conscious through external means
        fact is, consciousness supervenes upon the natural, and thinking the universe is perfectly reducible to laws is literally a blatant self-contradiction
        >While a complete set of laws would amount to a complete deterministic history of the universe, calling the universe "completely deterministic" amounts to asserting the existence of prior determinative constraints. But this is a logical absurdity, since if these constraints were real, they would be included in reality rather than prior or external to it (by the containment principle). It follows that the universe freely determines its own constraints, the establishment of nomology and the creation of its physical (observable) content being effectively simultaneous and recursive. The incoversive distribution of this relationship is the basis of free will, by virtue of which the universe is freely created by sentient agents existing within it.

Anonymous

Ever heard of anesthesia?
          We can and regularly do determine whether or not someone is conscious through external means.
          Why is it a contradiction? I’m not reading all that babble…
          Also, it is not deterministic, more like random generated.

by this logic, electricity is fake because I can unplug my appliances.

consciousness is real. There is just nothing supernatural about it. It is just what brains do.

Anonymous

>Ever heard of anesthesia?
            doesn’t render you unconscious, tons of people talk about their bizarre dream experiences during anesthesia
            >We can and regularly do determine whether or not someone is conscious through external means
            wrong, that is literally impossible
            >Why is it a contradiction? I’m not reading all that babble…
            that "babble" explains precisely why it’s a contradiction
            it’s not "babble" at all, it’s a concise refutation of the moronic notion that reality is determined by laws
            >Also, it is not deterministic, more like random generated
            wrong, in fact even wronger
            reality is partially computational, partially chosen, and zero parts random, there is no such thing as randomness at all

Anonymous

except that reality is exactly determined by laws. Some laws dictate randomness.
              there is many pure random events, but you would have known that if you had at least high school physics.

Anonymous

>consciousness is real. There is just nothing supernatural about it. It is just what brains do.
            This is a dogmatic statement

Anonymous

>consciousness is real. There is just nothing supernatural about it. It is just what brains do.
            To go further, what makes it dogmatic-
            it is an unfalsifiable statement.

Anonymous

It is falsifiable. If we found a single piece of "consciousness" that doesn’t have neural correlate it would be proven completly false.

You can’t shut it down, you can only send it forward in time.

that depends on perspective, right?

Anonymous

>If we found a single piece of "consciousness" that doesn’t have neural correlate it would be proven completly false.
                You are only considering a materialist world view.
                Subtle circular logic.

Anonymous

There is no other "correct" world view.
                  No anon, you don’t get "your" truth.
                  I would just say that it is more of the "physicalist" world view. Materialism is getting kinda obsolete.

Anonymous

>There is no other "correct" world view.
                    >I am right therefore I am right
                    circular logic. QED

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

I haven’t made any claim. I’ve only played word tricks with your shitty arguments.
                        Your logic is crap.

Anonymous

you’re the one who doesn’t understand neural correlates and what it’s woke af on
                        fact is that you have nothing to correlate it with, because you have never found consciousness in the first place, nor can you
                        it’s always hilarious when brainlets who have zero understanding try to make it out as if they know what they’re talking about
                        educate yourself

Anonymous

well then, explain how magical consciousness exists without brain?

Anonymous

it’s hilarious when brainlets like you try to slap the word "magic" on something you don’t understand in order to discredit it
                        there’s nothing magical about it, it’s an inherent part of reality, consciousness supervenes upon the natural world, including brains, and affects the state they end up in through freely willing the wave function to collapse in one way over another
                        in other words, nondeterminism is woke af on conscious choice, not randomness

Anonymous

Ah, so the magic of your consciousness can freely and willing collapse the wave function in one way or another?

But that is verifiably false. You might try as you might, the collapse is always random.
                        No matter how much you "wish" for an atom of cessium to collapse right now, it will do it at a random time anyway.

Is that some sort of "the secret" shit? get out of here.

Anonymous

>magic
                        repeating the same vapid tactic, truly pathetic
                        >consciousness can freely and willing collapse the wave function in one way or another?
                        correct, that is the function of consciousness, an inherent part of reality
                        >verifiably false
                        wrong, it’s verifiably true
                        >the collapse is always random
                        collapse is never random, there is no such thing as randomness

Eh, it’s Lagan, so answer to "god or soul" is god this time around…

shame, but I knew it.

scrotebrain who keeps looking at the finger instead of what it’s pointing to detected

the content is pseudointellectual crap trying to hide that it has nothing real to say.

the content has a clear and unambiguous meaning, pointing out precisely how positing that the universe is exclusively deterministic leads to a blatant self-contradiction

Anonymous

No such thing as randomness? Go study quantum mechanics deluded fucc

Anonymous

>No such thing as randomness? Go study quantum mechanics deluded fucc
                        literally the exact misconception I’ve spent several comments in this thread pointing how is completely wrong
                        wave function collapse is NONDETERMINISTIC, that doesn’t mean RANDOM
                        the nondeterminism of wave function collapse occurs due to CHOICE, not randomness
                        there is no such thing as randomness

Anonymous

Quantum mechanic is but a mental tool created for working with things we aren’t allowed to measure. They aren’t random, we just can’t check their state without destroying them. Because to observe something, you have to steal some energy from it and feed that energy to your measuring tools or sensory organs. And very small things have so little energy, even the smallest loss completely transforms them.

Anonymous

>If we found a single piece of "consciousness" that doesn’t have neural correlate
                the problem is, you first have to find any piece of consciousness in the first place, something that has never been done
                again, there are zero external ways to determine whether someone or something is conscious, the only way to know about consciousness is by being conscious

Anonymous

Everything is natural. Nothing is supernatural.

Anonymous

Checked

Anonymous

by this logic, electricity is fake because I can unplug my appliances.

Anonymous

You can’t shut it down, you can only send it forward in time.

Anonymous

Woke af

Anonymous

No matter how unresponsive or dead a person is you can not determine if they are still experiencing some level of awareness or not.

Anonymous

Says who?

Anonymous

There is nothing behind awareness, go ahead, try. Shit you’re even aware of the nothingness that
      isn’t behind awareness.

Anonymous

If you’re aware of the ‘nothingness’ then it isn’t nothing, you can’t conceptualize ‘nothing’. The closest thing anyone can get to thinking of ‘nothing’ is thinking of a void, which is still something, albeit empty. Nothing, ironically, doesn’t exist.

No matter how unresponsive or dead a person is you can not determine if they are still experiencing some level of awareness or not.

He speaks the true true. There is no way to verify whether something is experiencing subjective reality or not, you can only gauge objective reactions like talking, touching, etc, which tells you nothing about internal processes. It’s like when people go under anaesthetic, only to end up feeling every scalpel blade incision and snip during surgery, with no way for the surgeons to actually tell.

Anonymous

Every discrete logical operation is conscious and will get back at you for messing with it. Every rational soul becomes a timeless eternal operation in the universe.

Anonymous

Consciousness and intelligence are two different things.

Anonymous

I have lucid dreams about twice a month

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.