Is this caulculator worth the upgrade from ti-84 plus CE?

Home Forums Science & tech Is this caulculator worth the upgrade from ti-84 plus CE?

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Calculators are technology
      Is this worth the upgrade from ti-84 plus CE?

Anonymous

No. Buy a CG-50 instead.

Anonymous

CG50 chads

Anonymous

What’s the software market for the CG50 like? Any good games?

Anonymous

>still using a TI-89 Titanium from 2009
      Is there any reason to upgrade, or is all this new bloat just memes?

Anonymous

Buying a newer one is worth it just for rechargeable batteries alone.

Anonymous

Worse, they removed features.
        In a half-assed attempt to appease schools, TI removed the ability to program their calculators in assembly or C, killing off basically every repository of TI-83/84 programs and utilities.

why the fuck did they put python in a calculator?

Removing the ability to program their calculators proved unpopular, so they backpedaled a bit.
        Trying to brand it as making their calculator’s more accessible, they added a python interpreter as a replacement for the old ASM and C programs.
        It runs about as slow as you would expect, and it’s also nowhere near as flexible as the old ASM/C programs since they’ve intentionally limited it’s capabilites.

Anonymous

shits dumb
          OP, stick with the ti84pCE

Anonymous

Master race member.

Anonymous

why the fuck did they put python in a calculator?

Anonymous

Fuck your feelings and your needs and your sense of self. You don’t need a calculator. That thing you call a brain is all the equipment you need. I can’t find a way to say this delicately so bear with me for a few paragraphs.

The number of times I used this calculator in college was zero. Zero. Zero. Zero. In college. I can not fathom how you can be this insecure about your own basic survival skills that require basic tools. I would not be afraid of a papercut and I don’t freaking need a calculator.
      As for being able to add and subtract with two fingers, maybe you’d better look in the mirror and see if the numbers can see you either. You don’t add and subtract. You do it with your brain. Using a calculator is just a form of masturbation for you.

Your insecurity makes you think people don’t understand you when in reality they do. You are clearly aware of all this and you chose to ignore it, to ignore the fact that other people exist outside of you. You want the calculator for the same reason that you want to go out and buy a big, fat dick to fill up your hand to fill up your hand with more insecurities about how stupid you look.

The calculator is a fetish. In your head you already like the idea of the calculator. What I’m telling you is something you already know and don’t want to accept it. What I’m saying to you is that your insecurity is literally so toxic that your entire mind is poisoned. You think that your intelligence is in your brain but it’s not. You have more in your mind and in your heart and in your feelings than you do in your head. You are so insecure that the only thing you feel is insecurity and you are so blinded by it that you cannot see it. You cannot see that you are the weakest link in a chain.

You will never be happy unless you face the truth. You have to accept the fact that if the calculator were to somehow malfunction, or if it were to be stolen or taken away from you, you would be completely useless. You freaking idiot.

Anonymous

Get an HP 15c.

Anonymous

Kek

Anonymous

Solar powered scientific master race

Anonymous

83 plus chads wya

Anonymous

>he spends more than 20 dollar for a calculator

Anonymous

casio >>>>>> TI
        and casio gives implied multiplication precedence over explicit multiplication/division so it makes all the 70 iq ameriPEDMASscrotes seethe like anything

Anonymous

I wouldn’t say either is wrong. it’s a different approach to solve ambiguity with a problem written with bad notation. TI follows the more widely accepted left to right when doing multiplication while Casio see something like 2(3) as a function rather than multiplication and will solve that first before going left to right.

Anonymous

>fighting over precedence
          more proof that non-rpn cucks are scrotebrains

Anonymous

Fuck Texas. Get a Casio

Anonymous

>you need it
      buy it
      >you don’t need it
      don’t buy it

as simple as

Anonymous

What the fuck is wrong with this thumb?

Anonymous

Had this bad boy for 15 years. Never let me down. Battery has never failed either.

Looks like a shooped toe.

Anonymous

Forgot the freaking pic, scrotebrain.

Anonymous

When i put pressure on something the same thing happens with my thumb. Thinks it’s about your blood and meat or something

Anonymous

I’m talking about the shape and size, not the color.

Anonymous

came here for this lol

Anonymous

HS i went for the casio graph 25, which i still use today, instead of a TI. I wish I could back in time. Lately I have been thinking of buying a used TI calculator but I fear I would get lost on how to input numbers. I heard casio and TI are very different.

Anonymous

>HS
        in high school

Anonymous

>color screen
      >exam mode
      Let me guess, next steps will be a secured wireless communication protocol where the teacher can watch every calculator screen during exams.
      And color screen is bloat.

Anonymous

>And color screen is bloat.
        Perhaps, but color LCDs are so ubiquitous today it’s probably cheaper than continuing to use ancient monochrome screens.
        Why pay more for less?

Anonymous

TI beat you to that one anon 🙂

Anonymous

Why dont just download an app?
      Isnt it the same???
      If not post proof or freaking die you pretentious freaking poo

Anonymous

>fr fr just download an app and that’s no cap

Anonymous

>no arguments

Anonymous

>still completely unable to post any reason or proof
          found the scrote

Anonymous

Physical buttons and long battery life are important to people who use a graphing calculator extensively

Anonymous

>he doesn’t use a calculator that can be powered just with a bit of light
      Might as well get a tablet if you ll get a coloured, graphical calculator.

Anonymous

i have this one too, it’s great

Anonymous

I wanted to write it, the only useful calculator is the one that can be powered with solar energy, why the fuck someone wants a calculator that needs a battery? If your calculator needs that then it’s not a real calculator. Also i have the same calculator, cheap and very good for the things i use it for.

[…]

>ti
        Calculator for cucks that pay a lot of money for old hardware that should stop being used in 1990. Casio is the only calculator that is worth to buy.

Anonymous

just use whatever that is allowed in exams
      no sane person use physical calculators outside of exams in this day and age

Anonymous

It feels so much less gay than opening one in the browser, zoomie.

Anonymous

luv me calc

Anonymous

Peak calculator right here

Anonymous

This and the 50 are

Anonymous

PYTHON SMELL

Anonymous

Do modern TI calculators actually have purpose designed ASICs or are they just generalized ARM SoCs now?

Anonymous

I will never not be happy with this thing, no other calculator compares.

Anonymous

when one guy showed this off in class and the equation solvers, almost everyone in my class had one within a week.

Anonymous

THEY KILLED PROGRAMMING FOR THIS THING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Anonymous

I just use my phone and I’m exams I just whatever.

Anonymous

No?
      Why the fuck do you want anymore more than what you need in a graphing calculator when you have a smartphone that can do literally everything else better?

Anonymous

what did you need calculator for? I have never used those scientific ones during my uni and professors would straight out forbid them on exams so you can only use 4 basic operations and square root

Anonymous

No, get a HP that has RPN. If you don’t use RPN you’re objectively and demonstrably scrotebrained

Anonymous

woke af RPNchad

Anonymous

I remember back in high school (2008) my parents had to buy one for €100. Anyone else had to do this, and do high schools still require this nonsense? I mean calculus should just be with pen and paper, and maybe a stock calculator for some simple stuff. I don’t see what the use is, and it doesn’t help much with developing mathematical intuition. Smells like one big lobby. Maybe engineering students use it a lot, but compsci and math not much in my experience.

Anonymous

isn’t that basically just a computer?
      are you allowed to use that on exams?

Anonymous

It’s banned.

Anonymous

depends on the class? I was allowed to use a cx-cas for engineering classes

Anonymous

those things are a pain the ass. useless interfaces and gimicky processing power.
      I still carry my ti89 with me almost everywhere.

Anonymous

nspire chads
      RISE UP

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id