Big bang is proof scienceism is just another religion

Home Forums Science & tech Big bang is proof scienceism is just another religion

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

science: energy isn’t created
      also science: everything was created at the big bang

?????????

Anonymous

muh abstract voodoo energy was there all along condensed in muh single 0-dimensional point of magical nothingness

Anonymous

im srsly giddy that this is bretty much all we can do at this point is poke fun at anyone that tries to explain a potential beginning point of teh universe

Anonymous

I’m curious which dimension of space do you feel your consciousness to reside in? Something higher than 0 dimensional?

Anonymous

Non-religious people are stupid anti-life scum, more news at 11.

Anonymous

this

Anonymous

The big bang just a theory that happened to be the most plausible one

Anonymous

Two genders.

Anonymous

theres like not a single proof of it
        only muh redshift and isn’t even a direct proof

Anonymous

Cosmic microwave background.

Anonymous

In science you’re supposed to understand the subject, not just memorize and believe it.
            For this particular subject I recommend you also research its connection with the big bang theory through the century history. You might surprise yourself.

Anonymous

quasars should be the farthest from our galaxy since they show greater redshift, however, on multiple occasions they are closer than other galaxies with less redshift.
            there are galaxies linked by threads of matter that show different redshifts but these unions show that they are actually closer to each other than the redshift suggests

Anonymous

>just a theory
        found the anti-science scrotebrain

Anonymous

>also science: everything was created at the big bang
      that’s where you’re wrong kiddo

Anonymous

* refuses to elaborate *

Anonymous

Why? I can easily elaborate.
          Science is an ambiguous term:
          1) The best method to comprehend the world.
          2) The system of control over those who dare to venture into science(1)
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebqAH5mLZNk
          (picrelated is from some christian. That is how convenient is the strawman they’ve created, and promotion of that disgusting cripple (who purely by accident mentions god so much) was also a part of the plan)

Anonymous

Where are their masks?

Anonymous

>so what happened before the big bang?
      >uhhhhh that question doesn’t even make sense, there is no "before" the big bang
      This is the best science can do?
      This is supposed to pose a threat to thousands of years of theology?

Anonymous

Energy was "created" by the rapid expansion of space-time continuum.
      Also, no one knows for certain what really happened, as the current working model can not explain the matter and anti-matter asymmetry.

Anonymous

>nothing exploded for no reason and it created everything!!
      >don’t you believe the unga bunga theory??
      >the science witchdoctor will be displeased

Anonymous

We’re a Boltzmann Brain.

Anonymous

>?????????
      we don’t what happened at and before the big bang but it’s safe to assume our laws didn’t hold true
      >muh science = religion
      science: i have no proof therefore i don’t know.
      religion: there is flood gates in the dome above us. this is true because god said so. no proof needed when god says so

Anonymous

>we don’t what happened at and before the big bang but it’s safe to assume our laws didn’t hold true

that’s convenient

>>muh science = religion

actually I was thinking more about how certain scientific laws are bs

Anonymous

>actually I was thinking more about how certain scientific laws are bs
          no actual science law is bs. a current problem in physics is that some laws hold true only in certain areas

Anonymous

You being too stupid to understand something is not our problem.

Anonymous

>electric universe tards
      Errytime.

Anonymous

>science: energy isn’t created
      Also means it CAN be created but must also be destroyed.

0=0
      1-1=0

Net Zero is the result.

Anonymous

>it cant be created but it can be created

why wont science just admit it can be created and move on

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/kA3SO7l.gif

>energy can´t be created
      >we accelerated this satellite using a planets gravity
      >what do you mean where did the energy come from?
      >there was energy lost at ehm…

Anonymous

An object in orbit gains speed the closer it is to the object it is orbiting because the gravity is stronger. The speed then gets translated into altitude on the opposite side of the orbit. So although the object gains speed temporarily during the closer slingshot, that speed is then lost to the the very same gravity that gave it it’s speed in the first place, and so on so on forever because the object orbits in a vacuum.

Anonymous

>that speed is then lost to the the very same gravity that gave it it’s speed
          >anyway this is how we managed to shoot voyager into deep space
          fuck you

Anonymous

Voyager has propellant which allowed it to increase its speed at the right moment in orbit to leave the pull of earths orbit. Thus escaping orbit while maintaining lots of speed without much propellant usage. Anything in orbit will stay in orbit aslong as no energy is added or substracted, no matter how large the orbit is. But once you add or substract energy, you risk increasing altitude (or escaping if altitude is high enough), or increasing speed and lowering altitude (and possibly crashing back down into the atmosphere if low enough) respectively.

Anonymous

That’s not what science says, science says the big bang is the event of everything expanding not being created. For all we know before the big bang was a big crunch. And before that a big bang…

Anonymous

so how did the universe start then? oh looks like science can´t answer the important questions in our life

Anonymous

What makes you think the universe needs a start? Also yes, scientists still haven’t figured out everything there is to know about the universe.

>For all we know before the big bang was a big crunch. And before that a big bang…

This isn’t even a theory accepted by the mayority of the scientific community

Because the majority of the scientific community admit they got no idea what happened before the big bang. But "everything just popped into existence from nothing" isn’t the majority accepted idea either.

Its what teenagers who watched a documentary high as a kite think scientists are claiming.

Anonymous

>what makes you think the universe needs a start
            Are you saying that time never began?

Anonymous

If you think about it, time having a beginning would be much weirder then it not.

Anonymous

>For all we know before the big bang was a big crunch. And before that a big bang…

This isn’t even a theory accepted by the mayority of the scientific community

Anonymous

The big bang theory was invented by a priest. Of course it’s crazy.

Anonymous

>Dude…like…it just never had a beginning

Anonymous

makes more sense than big bang & creationism

Anonymous

>like bro
          >BRO
          >no beginning
          >like infinity is not only a concept bun can be found in reality like trust me

Anonymous

>like infinity is not only a concept bun can be found in reality like trust me
            So… What, do you think if you shot a rocket off with an infinite amount of fuel in one direction it would end up hitting like a wall or something?

Do you think time is neither infinite or infintessimal? When you get down to micro seconds reality just kind of skips frames like your slowing down a movie? I can’t even imagine what hitting the other end of the time line implies.

Anonymous

show me empirical evidence that infinity exists. i will speak a praypray for you that god forgives you the sin to have science as a god next to him

Anonymous

So what came before god if infinity doesn’t exist? How much longer do we have until god kicks the bucket? Why did you dodge my questions, I’m genuinely curious how you think the universe works in a world without infinity.

Anonymous

Gods age is too big for our brain to understand but look at it this way. God ages like us but we can´t count the years to our age that haven´t happened yet so Gods age is not infinity. you can´t say that infinity stops in the present

Anonymous

What a load of nonsense, infinity goes back both ways my guy. Unless you are going to tell me that god just popped into existence from nothing then I absolutely can make the claim that god has been around for an infinite amount of time.

And if you are going to tell me that you believe god popped out from nothing you don’t have a single leg to stand on arguing that the universe couldn’t pop out from nothing.

As a follower of Jesus, you guys give religion a bad name. Do you believe god popped out of existence from nothing? If not, you believe in infinity. Do you believe god is going to one day get old and die? If not you believe in infinity. Do you believe reality acts like a bunch of still frames being played really fast? If not then you believe in infinity. Do you believe there’s some kind of impenetrable wall surrounding the universe? If not you believe in infinity.

What ever religion you are your damn holy book probably tells you infinity exists.

Anonymous

i don´t claim to know where God comes from but scientists claim to know where the universe comes from and that is what’s hilarious to me. if you count all particles in the universe and calculate all outcomes of them interacting in any possible way you get all the outcomes that God is possible to create but you don´t say he can create more outcomes than what is possible. that’s why he is ALL powerful and not infinite powerful. ALL has a cap. it´s just so insanely big that people try to shove infinity in there

Anonymous

>i don´t claim to know where God comes from
                        You claim he just randomly popped into existence one day. Either that or you believe it might be possible that he always existed. Or in other words, is infinite.

>scientists claim to know where the universe comes from and that is what’s hilarious to me.

No they don’t. They claim they can see all the way back to the big bang. Not what caused the big bang, and not what came before it.

>ALL has a cap. it´s just so insanely big that people try to shove infinity in there

You are still dodging my questions. I never asked you if god is infinitely powerful. I asked you if you think God popped into existence one day, and if you think god is going to one day get old and die.

Anonymous

i say God ages a year in the time we age a year. that’s not saying that he will die. My point just is that infinity is just a concept. The fact we exist is proof that God is real but we can’t proof that God or anything has an infinite age so miss we with that gay shit we can’t proof. the universe was smaller than an atom and expanded into infinity? proof it. we only know that we can’t see past a certain point because the universe is so freaking big. it’s bullshit to claim that there is something past a point we can’t see.
                        >what is behind a black hole
                        >le we don’t know because we have no evidence
                        >what’s behind really redshifted stars
                        >here is exactly what happens without having any evidence.
                        why should i believe everything scientists say again?

Anonymous

Claiming god isn’t going to die while also claiming that infinity doesn’t exist is an argument that contradicts its self. If god isn’t going to die then he is going to live an infinitely long life. If god lives an infinitely long life then infinity is not just a concept.

You claim you don’t believe in infinity but you actually do, you are just too brain washed by religion to realise you do.

Anonymous

let’s say we age forever
                        explain when a our age turns from a rational number into infinity

Anonymous

>still no answer
                        infinity chuds can’t face the truth kek

Anonymous

>still no answer
                        infinity chuds can’t face the truth kek

still waiting… explain when we reach infinity

Anonymous

you are asking how many years make up infinite years and it isn’t the mic drop you think it is anon.

but thanks for the sensible chuckle

Anonymous

>infinity is the answer to how big infinity is what doesn’t proof infinitys existence at all
                        >hehehe this will show him
                        sure buddy.

Anonymous

>pshhh if infinity is real then riddle me this
                        >just how big is infinity?
                        >what? Infinity is infinitely big?
                        >th… that doesn’t prove infinity anon
                        Man your dense.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/ffzyzCq.gif

>it exists because i say so ok?!

Anonymous

I mean, the alternative is that everything just randomly popped out of nothing which is by far the crazier belief here

Anonymous

You are bothered by the concept of infinity and thats ok anon.
                        the universe may be finite yet still have no beginning or end. Like the surface of a sphere.

Anonymous

>The fact we exist is proof that God is real
                        And why should believe anything you say after this bomb?

Anonymous

>science: energy isn’t created
                        That’s a misinterpretation, the BBT doesn’t predict energy/matter coming from nothing. It was all there, packaged in a highly dense, highly hot, highly compact state (some believe infinitely dense, infinitely hot, and single-point like)
                        The Big Bang isn’t creation, it’s inflation of what was already there. How that was there, and in what state was it in, no one knows.

>No they don’t. They claim they can see all the way back to the big bang. Not what caused the big bang, and not what came before it.
                        Small correction: we claim to see all the way back to when the universe first became transparent to electromagnetic radiation, which was at about 300,000 years old
                        We can theorize what happened before with math, and by trying to recreate nergetic interactions in particle accelerators, which becomes more difficult and uncertain as we approach the Planck epoch, where our understanding of physics completely breaks down (that’s to say, we don’t really know shit about that)

To everyone else:
                        No one seriously into science seriously claims they are 100% certain how this shit went down. The BBT is just the current favored theory woke af on empirical observation, calculations, and our current understanding of physics, and everyone knows it could be refined or completely replaced as those factors improve.
                        If anyone has any better theory with some real punch behind it, the physicists of the world are all years. Go get published. Make money, win a Nobel.

Anonymous

>infinite? woah that’s too crazy
                >skydaddy? yeah this sounds logical. Makes perfect sense

Anonymous

*Gods age is not infinite, you got me there but you are starting to realize that infinity is bullshit and that’s what is important to me. I don’t give a shit when you turn religious because it will happen anyway when you turn old.

Anonymous

>Hurr durr show me empirical evidence of mathematical constructs
                tard doesn’t understand the difference between math and science.

Anonymous

>hur dur i can paint this triangle so it’s possible to construct it in the real world
                  >hur dur math doesn’t have to do anything with reality and the real world
                  kys

Anonymous

sure its possible to construct, here you go anonanon.

Anonymous

2/10 for this trollpost

Anonymous

How is it a troll post? Anon said we couldn’t make his stupid little drawing, but we did.

Anonymous

do you know the premise of this triangle? it’s clearly not 3 straight bars.. oh you try to troll because you can’t accept that scienists can be wrong. kek, stay mad

Anonymous

ps: all these covid posts made by lutatics made you think that questioning stuff is messed up. take a break and come again when you really tried understanding what bullshit you were made to believe.

Anonymous

>do you know the premise of this triangle?
                        Yes I do, its a drawing made to represent an impossible idea. But there is nothing impossible about replicating that drawing which is exactly what I posted.

Yes the "behind the scenes" stuff that makes the impossible triangle impossible isn’t in my example, but its not in OPs drawing either. Which was again my point.

Why don’t you make a drawing showing me the behind the scenes stuff going on in an actual penrose triangle. Oh wait, you can’t because that would be impossible.

Anonymous

>he can’t accept being wrong
                        continue changing properties of shit but the only thing you proof is that modern mathematicians rightfully don’t get a nobel prize. you freaking liars create a dream world in your head and think you achieved something by ignoring how the world actually works for a formula making sense. miss me with your newscrote trolling style. you are too stupid to argue with me

Anonymous

>too stupid to understand the discussion.
                        Pretty freaking pathetic my guy
                        I didn’t change the properties of anything. My picture is a perfect replica of your picture. Just because you attributed the pictures with certain properties doesn’t mean your picture actually had those properties.

Anonymous

Dark energy already violates conservation of energy.

Anonymous

Now that energy IS created.

Anonymous

>Dark energy
        People like talking about dark matter but they always shut up when you mention dark energy because no one has an answer to what the fuck it is.

Anonymous

aether

Anonymous

define energy

Anonymous

Did you know that if you dig a hole under an apple hanging on the tree you raise the potential energy of the apple?

Anonymous

does that mean it has more calories if I eat it?

Anonymous

[…]

The second and fifth of your respondents was me, but I wonder why you think I’m a religious perosn.
      Probably, because you are one of those who trust the science, and being a believer yourself, you naturally consider the dissidents believers of the opposite (and as any magical thinker you only know two sides to every story)
      >you can’t have something created out of nothing
      You obviously can. Nothing is the only something to which "where did THAT come from?" is not applicable. And we obviously have something now.
      >god was not created by anything, trust me
      He was created by human imagination. Or maybe he was an alien. Or maybe there’s something else (there are always more than two sides to any story)

Anonymous
      Anonymous

This board is garbage

Anonymous

leave our board, infinity chud

Anonymous

Can anyone in this thread actually do the math required for understanding the issue? Or are you all dropout neets who larp as mathematicians?

Anonymous
          Anonymous

make aether great again
          -señor tesla

Anonymous

Dropout, cannot do more than calc 3

Anonymous

no evidence that energy didn’t already exist before the big bang. Most likely, energy was released from a quantum vacuum decay.

Anonymous

and how was created the universe that existed before the quantum decay?

Anonymous

We don’t know fucktard
          Nobody knows

Anonymous

I know you don’t know thats why I ask. Cos your vacuum decay theory explains nothing and answers no questions asked in this thread.
            The contradiciton pointed out by OP remains whether this was the first universe or the second.

Anonymous

I mean, despite being a cartoon, futurama may be right in that our universe could just be one continuous time loop
      thus nothing really gets destroyed, just recycled and the big bang spreads everything out each time

Anonymous

The correct statement would be: "with probability 1, energy isnt created". I.e. big bang has measure zero.

Anonymous

science: matter isn’t created or destroyed
      also science: virtual particles are constantly being created and destroyed but it’s okay because the universe doesn’t notice it but it still causes black holes to die anyway

Anonymous

interesting, can you elaborate on how virtual particles cause blackholes to die please?
        im interested in fringe science and in everything that btfo’s scientific dogmas

Anonymous

Wikipedia Hawking Radiation, that’s the mechanism you are looking for
          It’s a theory woke af on a theory of quantum physics though, and it’s practically undetectable, so who knows?

science: matter isn’t created or destroyed
          also science: virtual particles are constantly being created and destroyed but it’s okay because the universe doesn’t notice it but it still causes black holes to die anyway

According to the theory, nothing is really created or destroyed, since virtual particles do not "exist"
          When gravitational potential makes them "real", the required energy is taken from the mass of the black hole, so it’s still a zero-sum game; nothing is created or destroyed, just redistributed
          Not that I really believe Hawking Radiation isa real thing anyway, it’s all on paper

Anonymous

there are virtual particles ererywhere in the vacuum righ? and the mater in the universe is a tiny % so there are not enough blackholes to fill the universe with virtual particles
            plus even when they dont have mass they are still something, they are waves or energy or whatever
            and energy can’t be created wither according to science

Anonymous

Virtual particles, according to the theory, aren’t waves either, if they were wave fucntions, they would be real
              They are just… I don’t know, ask a quantum physicist, I try to get their theories but it sounds kind of like bullshit to me
              I’ll point out that the theory about "energy cannot be created according to science" is an untested claim, it sure is elegant, but maybe it’ll have to go the way of Newtonian motions as out understanding of the universe deepens
              As for blackholes not filling the universe with Hawking radiation, that could be explained by the process being extremely slow and extremely low energy

Anonymous

well many findings have been rejected woke af only on whether they violate the laws of thermodynamics or not so they sure act like if it was tested

Anonymous

Normally you’d expect the opposite: if the law disagrees with the experiment, change the law

Anonymous

Inflation where mass and energy of universe increased after big bang.

Anonymous

>Inflation where mass and energy of universe increased after big bang.
        We don’t know if it increased, it probably didn’t
        All mass/energy might have already been there in a form that we can’t fathom

Anonymous

[…]

pi describes reality, infinity does not. cope, imaginary concept chud

Anonymous

Fukking scrotebrains. One word: zero energy universe. The total sum is zero "0". Every our action needs to drain energy from a positive source. The total sum is zero nevertheless. The universe separated, but its totally zero.

Anonymous

That theory has been disproven already.

Anonymous

kali yuga started at the big bang. time didn’t exist before.

Anonymous

[…]

god is not some scifi hero we claim came from nothing. All material can only be moulded not created, so it must be created by something immaterial. If we define god as "The creator" then God is simply immaterial, subsequently, god is also incomprehensible, since we can only comprehend things material through the incorporeal rules in our universe, but we cannot extended these rules to the immaterial.

Furthermore, things can only be created by the uncreatable (i.e. the eternal, the constant) because to become created means you weren’t always there, so something that is always there, eternal, must create created things.

God is therefore, immaterial, eternal, (unperishable and uncreated / without begining and end) and incomprenhensible amongst other things that you can learn by reading St John of Damascus, Exposition of the Orthodox faith.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/OIWjtyv.gif

Time is a flat circle.

Anonymous

Those are just pixels! I can’t believe how fake this is…

Anonymous

nice get anon

Anonymous

Spiral. Not a circle. It’s a spiral.

Anonymous

So the universe is expanding and accelerating even though gravity should not be allowing this, why?
      >THATS JUST DARK ENERGY BRO
      What’s dark energy?
      >WE DON’T NOW LMAO
      So how do you know it is there?
      >LMAO HAHA LMAO

When did you realise science was a joke?

Anonymous

When I laughed and physics broke.

Anonymous

We all realized that you are a clueless idiot.
        Just as you planned it.

Anonymous

>YOU’RE- YOU’RE JUST CLUELESS HAHA
          >STILL NOT GOING TO PROVE IT
          >JUST GONNA CALL YOU NAMES HAHA

Anonymous

>So how do you know it is there?
        Because
        >the universe is expanding and accelerating even though gravity should not be allowing this
        We don’t have to know what something is to know it exists.

Anonymous

You don’t trully know it exists in the first place. Heck you don’t even know if the universe is expanding for sure.

Anonymous

But we do. Redshift is proof that the intervening space between us and distant objects is widening.

Anonymous

The answer to the third question is the first one.
        Basically they are using circular reasoning.

Anonymous

[…]

Because God existed forever, scrotebrain. Also, God is God and doesn’t need to comply with science or physics. You are the ones creating the standard that everything is cause and effect, and that the universe started with the big bang, which is a contradiction. You are the one doing mental gymnastics here, not us.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.