Are standing desks good for you or just a meme?

Home Forums Science & tech Are standing desks good for you or just a meme?

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Redpill me on standing desks

Anonymous

The image you posted has no wired. That’s not like reality at all.

Anonymous

The image he posted has no ass too.

Anonymous

And yet it would be more ass than you currently get.

Anonymous

I’d eat her ass 24/7 tho

Anonymous

scrote detected

Anonymous

84%er detected

Anonymous

Standing desks are good for your spine, lower back, knees and ankles. That’s the idea, anyway. And they’re great for the neck and shoulders too.
      But standing at a desk all day? It’s no laughing matter.
      After a half-hour break, the body does strange things. I’ve been standing on my own for the past few days, and I’ve noticed a few odd, and not-so-great, things.

Anonymous

My gf is thinking of buying the Ikea one that’s motorized. Pretty expensive, but it comes with 10 years of warranty which is valuable for something with mechanical parts.

Anonymous

I’d love a motorised one but they are pricey.

Anonymous

I bought a Conset over a decade ago and barely used it. It was a complete waste of money.

Anonymous

OK more to the point, yes they are great. Really great, in fact.

Anonymous

get one you can adjust with one button, that setup in that pic is completely unusable. you need both hands and nothing heavy on it to adjust it, meaning she is literally unable to adjust the monitor. and yes, you’ll want to switch between standing and sitting during the day.

Anonymous

For me it’s prism glasses

Anonymous

>prism
        Oh no no no no

Anonymous

I wish I could be her office appointed designated poopyhole sniffer

Anonymous
        Anonymous

scrote

Anonymous

Besides anons exposing that they have small dicks in this thread, standing desk are a godsend when working from home full time. If you’re not I can’t really recommend that you spend money on one.

Anonymous

They’re pretty great. I have one of the convertible ones that goes on a normal desk (like in your pic but not scrotebrained).

Anonymous

I have a shitty crank one from Ikea and putting it up for an hour a day is a godsend. I usually use it sitting but once in a while it is great got stretching out. If you work from home highly recommend

Anonymous

These might be good for watching vids or reading the news, but if you are doing work that requires concentration you want a sitting desk.

Anonymous

>Redpill me on standing desks
      The true red pill is that standing desks are a joke; an attempt at a quick fix solution for the problems caused by sitting all day.
      Standing desks barely help solve those problems, if at all. Try looking up researches done on the long-term benefits of them when compared to regular desks. You’ll find the results to be vague at best. Some paper’s will report an uptick in the subjects’ mental state, other papers will note a lack of focus and an increased reaction time while standing. Some papers will report lowered back pain and decreased risk for cardiovascular diseases, another will point out arterial stiffness caused by standing for too long. Almost all of these researches have serious flaws which makes the conclusion they draw next to worthless. A lot causation being implied from correlation, too many variables that aren’t accounted for (e.g. a paper that states people who sit all day actually end up with a lower chance of heart failure ignoring the fact that people standing all day for a living tend to have more physically demanding jobs and shit lives in general).
      The only common conclusion all these half-baked attempts at fixing the "sitting is the new smoking" problem come to is that there is just one guaranteed solution: moving more often. Instead of investing in a standing desk, stand up from your normal desk every half an hour and walk around the office. Stretch your legs, maybe grab something to drink and physically talk to a colleague about an issue instead of sending a message.

Anonymous

>He needs SCIENCE to think for him
        The real redpill is to get a standing desk with a stool to alternately sit on.

Anonymous

The actual redpill is to freaking exercise. If you do stretching, body weight exercises and cardio you can sit on your ass as much as possible?

Anonymous

I workout 4 days a week and still don’t like sitting all day.

Anonymous

The red pill is to mount it to a treadmill

Anonymous

Some bad, poorly controlled, preliminary evidence full of confounding variables was released, and now health gurus are making clinical recommendations that have not been validated. Same shit happened with anti-oxidants – preliminary evidence, studied properly with actual experiments and it turns out its really not good for you to intentionally overconsume anti-oxidants, nor did the science ever actually say you should. This shit is basically fad dieting. Reminds me of when people decided you should sit on giant inflatable balls instead of chairs. Dumb shit to sell to the gullible.

Anonymous

They’re a globohomo psyop to get you used to forgoing the luxury of sitting while working so you’ll be ready for the wage cages once they roll them out.

Anonymous

I want a sit/stand desk like those autonomous ones, and only need a frame, but are they stable/don’t wobble?

Anonymous

Why would you buy this instead of you know, going for a walk, not sitting all day or standing all day? I think that’d be better honestly. Or get up periodically. You don’t take care of your body by just standing for 8 freaking hours.

Anonymous

Just cut a hole in your floor and stand in it.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/PXgfnyu.gif

The best programmer uses one

Anonymous

>The best programmer uses one
        Looking at that fat fuck tells me, not that often.

Anonymous

Standing desks are, contrary to popular belief, bad for you. They represent a disconnect between white collar and blue collar work. Any person who has worked as a security guard will tell you that standing in a stationary position for hours on end is bad for the back, the ankles and the feet… whereas white collar workers will tell you that sitting is bad for the back.

The truth is just don’t be fat and don’t remain stationary. Also if you get a chair make sure it’s a really good chair. The importance of a chair is understated when you’re young until you get older and realize sitting in a shitty $100 chinkshit chair has bonked up your tailbone and you’re now bleeding out your coccyx.

Anonymous

Standing desks aren’t bad for you. Standing all day can suck though. But it’s definitely good to have the option to switch it up.

Anonymous

Standing desk = standing all day, stationary. The computer keeps you standing in the same position.

Anonymous

They’re great if you like sucking dick.

Anonymous

They seem pretty good, I have one but sometimes forget to use it. I unplugged it a few minutes ago to charge my phone but I’m not working today I’ll be painting walls so I’ll get my standing in that way.

Anonymous

I tried this meme for a year, actually it’s easy to get used to it and stand for entire day. Then skin on my legs started flaking hard, so before I would turn into reptile, I stopped.

Anonymous

Man, I’d love to pound her while she’s standing right there

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.