Are Christians allowed to kill in self-defense?

Home Forums General & off-topic Are Christians allowed to kill in self-defense?

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Are Christians allowed to kill on self-defense?

Anonymous

according to jesus no
      according to christians yes

Anonymous

>Luke 22:36

Anonymous

>+Psalm3:3 KJV

Anonymous

>Isaiah 53:12

It was to fulfill the prophecy. He immediately told them to stop after they started fighting and healed the guards ear that was cut off.

Anonymous

>He turned it off after he gave them the go-ahead in general to defend theirselves!
            No, only in defense of taking him to the government. His advice for all christians is to be determined to pursue happiness with God in the holy place in his sacrifice. Not to be cucked into slavery. You can be a scrotebrained Apartment Dweller in Great Britain if you want for the dear government which wants to kill you. But you need to shutup about Christian doctrine if you think you can actually order christians to disarm.

All the Saints have the Lord to deliver them, whether they be silly or wrathful.

>Job
            >Chapter 5
            >1Call now, if there be any that will answer thee; and to which of the saints wilt thou turn?

>2For wrath killeth the foolish man, and envy slayeth the silly one.

Proverbs 2:8 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.

9 Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.

>Revelation 11:18 “And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead that they should bee iudged, and that thou shouldest giue reward vnto thy seruants the Prophets, and to the Saints, & them that feare thy Name, small and great, and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.”

Hmm what are Little Saints and Big Saints? Sounds like something else in the Bible…

>Revelation 14:12-13 kjv 12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

>13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

>Revelation 13:10 “He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.”

Hmm saints of wraith/faith, and saints of patience. How do those work???

I already know how btw.

Anonymous

A saint is not wrathful, How did all the saints die? You do not disarm yourself instead ask God to apply his will through you in times of strife or struggle. Through faith alone you can overcome evil, problem is peoples faith are weak. Gods will is all that matters and if He wants to work through you to defend yourself or your family he will. "God I pray that you protect me and my family from the evils of the world. Your will be done! I am your vessel of truth and righteousness."

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/OrkqZbF.gif

>A saint is not wrathful,
                >Literally arguing with Scripture.
                >Is scared of Saints dying and fighting to the death.
                >Forgets to mention that the patient Saints all get put to death for being disarmed.
                >Is still trying to figure this out because he hasn’t ever studied this himself yet.
                Not sorry, better study up since you want to argue. Jesus saves.

Anonymous

Peter was actively rebuked for trying to interrupt prophecy, it had nothing to do with the violence itself.

Anonymous

This is why verse picking is wrong, and people really need to stop doing it. Christ is telling them to get those things so that the Pharisees have a "claim" they can make to arrest him, which is that he is trying to start an insurrection against the Romans by claiming his the king of the garden gnomes and use passover as the signal to start the rebellion. Anyone who uses it to justify killing in self-defence or going to war has not read the scripture. You’re just as bad as the Southern Slave owners who kept on cherrypicking scripture to justify chattel slavery.

Anonymous

>slavery is the same as war
            You are a coward and refuse to respect your opinion

Anonymous

Explicitly yes. Why don’t you paganscrotes read the Catechism?

Anonymous

>Why don’t you paganscrotes read the Catechism?
        >Why don’t communists read anything outside of their scrotebrained canon?
        >Why don’t scrotebrained idiots do something that isn’t scrotebrained or idiotic?
        Who can say Anon?

Anonymous

A better question to ask are Jainism

Anonymous

>You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

Matthew 5:38-40

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%205%3A38-40&version=NIV

So no.

Also, so this thread got move from /poo/ since since it was a good question. I wonder if they remove all the good threads from that shit board.

Anonymous

I agree with what Jesus said, but I think an exception can be made if you’re killing to protect your wife or family. God made man to be strong and protect women and his family after all.

Anonymous

sounds like heresy to me

Anonymous

Not really it doesn’t

Anonymous

>I-I know they explicitly said this but I just FEEL like they actually meant that.

Anonymous

You do not sound like a person that is capable of honesty.

Anonymous

scrotebrain incel

Anonymous

I don’t see an exception anywhere.

Imagine if the entire bible was like, "Yeah, but with exception of my personal views."

Anonymous

The Old Testament allows for killing in self defense and God still hated sin in the Old Testament. Does God endorse sin?

Anonymous

We’re talking about Christians, not garden gnomes.

Anonymous

Old Testament doesnt count

Anonymous

>Incoming Christians are supposed to be passive posts
      Root out the evil within your camp. If something is causing sin get rid of it by any means necessary. But of course those snakes will twist and say we should lie down and do nothing, jesus would have never whipped those garden gnomes from his fathers temple if passivity was his motto. Also fuck jannies.

Anonymous

this. Of course Christians are supposed to protect themselves and their families.

Anonymous

Attack the Midianites and strike them dead.
      For they assailed you…
      numbers 25:17-18

Anonymous

their holy book is filled with a multitude of logical inconsistencies and self-contradictions. this is one among many

Anonymous

The contradictions are in your head, not the Bible

Anonymous

If God is omniscient, does that mean that God knows whats it like to take a big black dick in the ass?

Anonymous

Yes

Anonymous

Sometimes, yes.
      >Again, death caused, not by intent or design, but by accident, is not murder. He that killeth his neighbour ignorantly, says the book of Deuteronomy, and who is proved to have had no hatred against him yesterday and the day before, but to have gone with him to the wood to hew wood, and in cutting down the tree the axe slipt out of his hand, and the iron slipping from the handle struck his friend and killed him, shall live. Such accidental deaths, because inflicted without intent or design, involve no guilt whatever, and this is confirmed by the words of St. Augustine: God forbid that what we do for a good and lawful end shall be imputed to us, if, contrary to our intention, evil thereby befall any one

>If a man kill another in self-defence, having used every means consistent with his own safety to avoid the infliction of death, he evidently does not violate this Commandment.
      -as decided by the Council of Trent, 1566

tl;dr accidental killing is not murder and does not violate the commandment against murder- killing an assailant in defense of yourself when there’s no other option is, inherently, a situation outside of your control, and so does not violate the commandment.

Anonymous

Killing is also said to be justified when fighting for a just or holy cause or to eradicate evil
        >For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
        >For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
        -Romans 13:4

also forbidden by the fifth commandment:
        >to fight duels, appointing a set time and place, for private interest, or punctilios of honour
        >To seek, wish, or desire our own, or any other man’s death, out of impatience or passion, or to cause women with child to miscarry.
        -Douay Catechsim of 1649

Anonymous

Are fighting in revolutions considered sinful? Like the American revolutionaries? It’s still considered sedition, right?

A. Wyatt Mann

Only if it’s for the benefit of garden gnomes

Anonymous

No, by faith alone you can overcome evil or sins against you, problem is majority do not believe with a pure heart and without a doubt. God will protect you against any evil if it is his will he states that multiple times. If God is for you, who can be against you. The problem with people today is they are so fixated on their physical lives they do not understand that your actual life begins after death if you are saved. "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

In short people really are scared pussies so afraid of death they will try to justify killing someone in self defense instead of accepting either their fate or letting God handle his will through faith alone. Their faith is very weak.

Anonymous

What about killing to protect your wife and family? God made man to be the warrior after all. Women are also biologically attracted to strong men.

Anonymous

If it is Gods will and faith is strong he will give you strength to overcome the challenge, you must just have faith and let Gods will flow through you so if God decides it is not your time he will smite evil either through you or directly in some form. As long as you are driven by your faith and stand firm in righteousness no evil can destroy you and God will make sure of it. “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?”

Anonymous

If a situation arises in which your or your families life is in danger do this: "God your will be done, lead me in your will and protect my family."

Anonymous

May still be wrong or even evil, but I’d rather risk my soul than the souls of my family. What is more likely to put their souls and faith in jeaopardy? A) a father who defends them and kills someone who wants to terrorize them, who also make it clear that while necessary in this case, killing is not a good thing. Or B) a father that stands by as an evil man terrorize his family. I would rather sully my own soul with a killing in self defense than let a greater evil happen to my family.

Most of the biblical narrative is people who are forced to pick between one or two morally wrong options, and how they deal with the fallout. In life it is less about doing what is right or wrong in most cases, it is about doing the least wrong. Is it wrong to kill? Yes. Is it wrong to kill a man who would terrorize your family? Yes, but it is also wrong to let a man terrorize your family when you can do something to prevent it. A shepherd who lets wolves kill his sheep is not a good shepherd.

Anonymous

This

/thread.

If you trust the Lord, then you wouldn’t live in fear of fleshly death.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Reminder that Christkeks could get cucked by a Black guy but they will still have to accept this "bad thing" as a good thing! Happiness can’t exist without pain amirite?

Anonymous

Reminder that the children of the Devil have no power here.

Anonymous

>thread discussion the morality of violence in the terms of the largest belief system on earth
        >"b-b-but what about black dicks!!!!111"
        Explain how you are not mentally ill

Anonymous

>Christ, the avenger

Anonymous

best crossover
        how DC will even compete?

Anonymous

>Question 3. Are there cases in which it is lawful to kill?

>A. It is lawful to kill when fighting in a just war; when carrying out by order of the Supreme Authority a sentence of death in punishment of a crime; and, finally, in cases of necessary and lawful defence of one’s own life against an unjust aggressor.

Catechism of St Pius X

Anonymous

I swear to god bros
      I’m looking at Islam in a better light because they don’t take any shit
      Christians do
      when was the last "Holy war"

Anonymous

If a guy was going to rape you, would you have to stop him or die yourself or else you would be guilty of homosexuality?

Anonymous

Yes, but if it’s an attack on religious grounds one should not. Guaranteed one way ticket to Heaven.

Anonymous

>Matthew 5:38-48: You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
      That’s what Jesus himself said, without any ‘but’s or exceptions. Anything else is coming from fallible humans who want their interpretation of the Bible to be above the Bible.

Anonymous

Self-defense implies that your life is in danger. Getting slapped on the cheek does not.

Anonymous

>It’s from Jesus himself!
        Who also said he only died once for your evil. The next time he kills
        >(You).

It means Good gets to kill Evil in that day, because we BOUGHT the ability to kill it with a price. And we spend it on sending evil to hell for eternity.

Anonymous

yeah and Jesus didn’t abolish God’s demand for the death penalty for crimes like murder, rape, or sodomy

Anonymous

Greek Orthodox Christian here which means that I’m the absolute authority when it comes to Christianity and you should only listen to what I say

The answer is => Yes
      Discard everything else you’ve read in this thread now and go in peace.

Anonymous

yes, i think so

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id