Anyone here have experience with escaping cults?

Home Forums General & Off-topic Anyone here have experience with escaping cults?

• This topic has 19 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Anyone here have experience with escaping cults? How do I mentally and emotionally prepare myself for disappointing my parents and being shunned for life?

Anonymous

Literally escaping the cult, or escaping the hold the cult holds over you?

Anonymous

You will never change your parents minds and you can never prepare them enough for what you are about to tell them. You just have to do it and get it over with. The only thing you really need to worry about is if they will kick you out or some horse shit like that. If you know they will react physically or by kicking you out (if you still live with them) just don’t tell them. It’s not your fault you and your parents were raised in a desert death cult. The important thing to remember is that the easy path will always be there no matter how long you are gone from it. And it can draw you back in an instant. So stay strong and study the origins of the Bible, not the Bible its self. That’s the one thing Christians hate the most.

Anonymous

if you can escape the cult within your own mind and thinking you can then structure your actions to manipulate the cult thereby profiting from it and incurring no social consequences.

use your freedom to fake going even deeper. use that deepness to get the love and assistance of other cult members. go on a mission they fund and slay some wild pussy in the name of jahova.

get put in charge of something that will give you acclaim and influence and money.

meet the cult higher ups and notice that they are free from it in their true mind and using it to manipulate others as well, recognize that in each other and network effectively with the leaders.

soon youll be in charge of regional distribution or door to door jahovaing.

use the cult and the illusion of your compliance to further your own ends.

t infiltrated a cult and earned a lot of money doing basically the above.

Anonymous

Sounds boring

Anonymous

Did you like to kill small animals when you were a kid?

Anonymous

Just think about what you want from life and start working towards it however you can. You should also try to lift and meditate in your free time, it’ll help give you the drive and resolve to eventually break out. Meantime, ask for one of those bibles with the original greek or hebrew on one side and the translation on the other, and flick through that during the meetings. JW really aren’t so bad in the grand scheme, but it wasn’t for me either.
      t. ex cultist

Anonymous

My mom almost fell for this bullshit. People there never showed any emotion, they just stared blankly hearing anything that was said, every 25 minutes or so they played propaganda about how good it is to work for them for free. This is the biggest brainwashing possible, they’re building literal slaves. Also, it seems that they have the same system that happens in the Mormon church, where they get you a wife inside the church. The guys that were most desperate to answer to the priest questions always fitted in the stereotype of the short, lacking facial hair and white cuck type, they even had the contorted posture. Jehovah witness church is just a big trap for manlets and near to expire women.

Anonymous

Give this video a listen, and think about it.

at first I said I can’t stand this guys accent, no way am I going to watch this, after 5 minutes it all started to make sense.

Anonymous

just agree to disagree.
      being selfish when you need to will pay off in the long rung.
      you cant make everyone happy so just focus on yourself first and then chip away at the rest.
      goodluck out there its a scary place if you overthink it.

Anonymous

I left the Jehovah’s Witnesses. It will be the hardest decision you will ever make. It will destroy your life, but from the ashes a new one will form. Ask me anything you want

Anonymous

I left the Jehovah’s Witness 8 years ago but I haven’t created a new life, every one just thinks I’m weird and strange and stays away from me how do you make new friends or romance?

Anonymous

To be honest I just started going to parties and tried to find people I thought were cool. I started talking to my neighbors alot too, and then they introduced me to new people. I went to college, and I made some good friends there. I left 3 years ago, and I don’t have a huge friendgroup, but I do have a reasonably sized group of friends/associates to give me a social structure.
          What I would recommend is to find something to do. Whether it be college, art classes, whatever you want to do. It should be something that you want to do for you though, not to meet other people. And, naturally you will meet others with those same interests and goals, and you might become friends. Then that friend will introduce you to more, and so on and so forth.
          Social groups are not how they are in the borg. The borg is a closed off group, where everyone is granted near immediate trust, fellowship, and is accepted into the social group by default. Also, it is entirely closed off to the outside.
          Out here in "The World," it’s more like a web than a closed circle. Find somewhere to plug into the web, meet a few people, then through those folks you meet you will have gained many more connections to people.

Anonymous

How did you break the news to your parents?

There isn’t much you can do to prepare emotionally. I still after years have problems from what the JW’s did to me. But you will survive. How old are you? Do you live at home?

I’m 31, almost 32. I have a good paying job and can rent my own place, I’m just an only child and have always been terrified of hurting my parents

Anonymous

There isn’t much you can do to prepare emotionally. I still after years have problems from what the JW’s did to me. But you will survive. How old are you? Do you live at home?

Anonymous

If $cientology disconnects you from your family, I will be your friend, anon.

Anonymous

I escaped leftism
      My parents are hardcore progressives who see progressive priests (therapists) that tell them how to think and feel
      Its probably the hardest cult to escape since mainstream media, education (indoctrination), and culture is controlled by progressive zealots
      AMA

Anonymous

Honestly? Find the real Jesus

Anonymous

This too. You won’t find him in a building called a church, however. Only in The Bible can you find the truth. Chasing denominations and theology is a rabbit hole that will lead you nowhere. The Bible is the supreme, and only authority.

Anonymous

if your family loved you for anything other than an offering to their God, you would be okay either way

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.