All web browsers suck.

Home Forums Science & tech All web browsers suck.

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

All web browsers suck.

One of them are ran by a bunch of monkeys that ended up shooting themselves in the foot, ruining the chance of countering a browser monopoly (Mozilla).

The other one is the said monopoly that doesn’t respect its user (Google).

The rest is either leeching from Firefox (a dying browser) or from Chrome (an evil browser) or using web standards that don’t matter.

Can someone prove me wrong with a browser worth using? I use Windows, Linux, Android, iPad.

Anonymous
        Anonymous
        Anonymous

>Firefox
        >fast
        Oh no no no…

Anonymous

Irony being this image was made by an absolute non-dev. IE is consistently faster than Chrome and Safari, and has been for a long long time. It’s also far more stable and easy to code to than Safari. I made websites from scratch (none of this wordpress bullshit) for 10+ years professionally, Safari was 10 fold worse than anything IE could ever do.

Anonymous

why only programmers understand?

Anonymous

GOOD MORNING SIR

Anonymous

>all browsers su-
      No, only you do.

Anonymous

what is this? the browser in the qBittorrent client? I’ve never messed around with it but I was curious

Anonymous

qutebrowser, has nothing to do with qbittorrent

Anonymous

He’s joking, anon

Anonymous

woke af, kek, fpbp, /thread etc
        verification: mngw

Anonymous

This is the best one.

Anonymous

That qute and all, but it’s still WebKit.

Anonymous

it isnt, it uses qtwebengine which is chromium, they deprecated qtwebkit

Anonymous

Chromium is WebKit.

Anonymous

chromium is blink, which is not webkit

Anonymous

It’s just Google’s name for their evolved version of WebKit. They may be forks, but they’re essentially the same thing.

Anonymous

i’d use this if noscript had support for it

Anonymous

we just cant stop winning fellow cutebrowser bros

Anonymous

Just use brave it’s quite woke af

Anonymous

Google Chrome doesn’t have any flaws.

Anonymous

Bait post. Chrome is not even open source in a few months uBlock Origin will stop working.

Switch to Brave or Firefox.

Anonymous

>in a few months uBlock Origin will stop working.
          Then I will switch in a few months. But for now it’s the best browser.

Anonymous

>But for now it’s the best browser.
            Edge, Brave, Vivaldi and Ungoogled Chromium are all equivalent in terms of performance. Three of these aren’t data mining you which makes them better alternatives.

[…]
            you’re still supporting google, indirectly
            use librewolf

Not really because Chromium can be forked.

Anonymous

Chrome was real nice until it broke this morning and now I have switched to Brave. I would have switched to Opera but it makes me uncomfortable knowing my browser isn’t mining crypto 24/7. Annoyed as fuck because now I have to wait an extra week before I access sadpanda again.

Anonymous

for me it’s the Steam overlay’s built-in web browser. Do your best, CIA scrotes, for I have already won. In 2fort.

Anonymous

freaking woke af and 2fort pilled

Anonymous

thats also just chromium

Anonymous

Degoogled Chromium with Adblock.
      Heaven.

Anonymous

Make your own then scrote. Ungoogled Chromium is good enough for me.

you’re still supporting google, indirectly
        use librewolf

Anonymous

Don’t care. Security matters to me. The only firefox woke af browser worth using is Tor Browser.
          https://madaidans-insecurities.github.io/firefox-chromium.html

Anonymous

Ungoogled Chromium does not support cfi and it runs in developer mode which increases attack surface. Stay far away from Ungoogled Chromium.
            Chromium does not support autoupdates which means you will often be using an outdated browser which is a security nightmare.
            I can only recommend Google Chrome. The spyware in Chrome can be completely disabled in the settings or you can block all Google domains in your hosts file if you’re extra paranoid.

Anonymous

>Chromium does not support autoupdates which means you will often be using an outdated browser which is a security nightmare.
              Haven’t updated my Chromium in a year and a half.
              Heaven.
              ESET and Malware bytes haven’t picked up a single problem in that time.
              Heaven.

What sites are you looking at?

Anonymous

>eset
                >malwarebytes
                >in the year 2021
                holy boomer

Anonymous

2005 called, they want the snakeoil back

Anonymous

What’s cfi? It doesn’t run in developer mode unless you turn it on. I don’t need autoupdates, I update regularly manually via flatpak. I also highly doubt that the spyware in chrome can be disabled in the settings but please feel free to prove me wrong.

Anonymous

CFI is an important security feature which protects against code reuse attacks.
                >I don’t need autoupdates, I update regularly manually via flatpak
                scrotebrain mindset. Autoupdates will get updates to you sooner than manually updating and is more secure.

Anonymous

Here comes the funny anon with the funny autoconsoomer meme

Anonymous

>scrotebrain mindset. Autoupdates will get updates to you sooner than manually updating and is more secure.
                  Well no if you try to update before each time you open the browser, heck you can modify the .desktop file to look for updates everytime you use it
                  Also pretty cool you just ignore the point you were debunked on, totally doesn’t hurt your general trustworthiness

for me it’s the Steam overlay’s built-in web browser. Do your best, CIA scrotes, for I have already won. In 2fort.

>all browsers su-
                  No, only you do.

Woke af

For me it’s Brave. Picture-in-picture YouTube videos and the ability to listen to YouTube videos even when my phone is locked. No other browser on my iToddler device can do this

Not a fan tbqh, firefox for mobile supports extensions, killer feature

Anonymous

>Well no if you try to update before each time you open the browser, heck you can modify the .desktop file to look for updates everytime you use it
                    Package managers get updates later than Chrome autoupdates. It takes time for package maintainers to even notice there has been an update.
                    >Also pretty cool you just ignore the point you were debunked on, totally doesn’t hurt your general trustworthiness
                    He didnt debunk shit.

Anonymous

https://www.chromium.org/administrators/turning-off-auto-updates
                      >Google Chrome and Chromium are not auto-updated automatically on Linux; your package manager handles this.

Anonymous

>He didnt debunk shit.
                      Well
                      >it runs in developer mode
                      >It doesn’t run in developer mode unless you turn it on
                      I can agree on the package maintainer point, partially, because builds are usually automatic (ever heard about ci/cd?) but you need to check it’s not broken because of some changes between versions

Anonymous

Him saying something doesn’t make it true.

Anonymous

>uses Google Chrome on Windows
              >thinks he’s secure
              AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Anonymous

>Uses Linux, an os with no good sandboxing or strict mac policies and is decades behind in exploit mitigations
                >Thinks he’s secure

Anonymous

AHAHAHAHAHA enjoy your pajeetware

Anonymous

Linux has around 4000

Anonymous

Which kernel version? All the Windows versions together have over 15,000

Anonymous

Ubuntu / new vulnerabilities in 2021: 19
                      Windows 10 / new vulnerabilities in 2021: 390

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA HE THINKS HE’S SECURE WITH WINDOWS AND GOOGLE CHROME AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Anonymous

>Muh security through obscurity

Anonymous

The absolute state of lincucks

Anonymous

>bot can’t even read
                        HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous

>Muh security through obscurity

The absolute state of lincucks

>brown hands typed this

Anonymous

>no good sandboxing or strict mac policies
                  That kind of shit is only necessary if you run malwarelike Google Chrome, in which case you’re scrotebrained.

Anonymous

No, it’s basic security that every OS outside of linux utilizes. Linux security is stuck in 2004 compared to windows and macOS. No MAC policies, no sandboxing, no verified boot, the list goes on. Flatpaks and snaps are security theatre, and in some cases, are even worse for security. The chromium flatpak for example disabled the strong chromium sandbox and used the weak flatpak sandbox instead, which only blacklists a fixed set of syscalls.

Anonymous

>you will often be using an outdated browser
              Google Chrome hasn’t updated in 4 days. It doesn’t update every minute, trogodlyte. It’s trivial to keep up.

Google Chrome doesn’t even autoupdate until you close the browser. Many people never close it. Most Chrome users are running months old versions.

Anonymous

>Ungoogled Chromium does not support cfi and it runs in developer mode
              That’s not true.
              https://github.com/PF4Public/gentoo-overlay/blob/master/www-client/ungoogled-chromium/ungoogled-chromium-94.0.4606.81-r1.ebuild
              https://github.com/PF4Public/gentoo-overlay/issues/40
              Also i assume that by developer mode you mean developer build.
              Posted from Ungoogled Chromium 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build, ungoogled-chromium) (64-bit) with cfi

Anonymous

>Ungoogled Chromium does not support cfi and it runs in developer mode
              That’s not true.
              https://github.com/PF4Public/gentoo-overlay/blob/master/www-client/ungoogled-chromium/ungoogled-chromium-94.0.4606.81-r1.ebuild
              https://github.com/PF4Public/gentoo-overlay/issues/40
              Also i assume that by developer mode you mean developer build.
              Posted from Ungoogled Chromium 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build, ungoogled-chromium) (64-bit) with cfi

I posted this before so I’ll copy-paste

https://desuarchive.org/g/thread/83062874/#83063036

Ungoogled chromium is even worse than that. Their build flags show that clang isn’t enabled, which supports control flow integrity (CFI), something gcc does not.

https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/blob/master/flags.gn

Additionally, they don’t even have the “is_official_build” flag, which disables a massive attack surface by disabling developer features. You can see the comment by Bill Budge, a chromium developer here:

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/chromium-dev/c/4F5hM8XMOhQ/m/6V49akq_AQAJ

> I’d argue that ‘is_official_build = false’ means the build is intended to be developer-friendly and not shipped to end users, and ‘is_official_build = true’ means that any developer-friendly features that weaken security are disabled.

Stay far away from ungoogled chromium.

Anonymous
          Anonymous

but librewolf wont keep my gnome theme

Anonymous

>FIREFOX SUCKS USE LIBREWOLF
          >Literally just firefox with settings disabled from the user
          Do LULZtards really?

Anonymous

>it’s just firefox with muh epic user js bro

Anonymous

What exactly is this picture? Is it implying that arkenfox user.js is shit?

Anonymous

it doesn’t stop that thousands of unsolicited requests. firefox is shit, use brave or literally anything else

Anonymous

Make your own then scrote. Ungoogled Chromium is good enough for me.

Anonymous

How is trusting your data to an established company, be it google or Mozilla or whatever, different from trusting your data to a "community" of literal who’s.

Anonymous

juste use Edge or Safari everything else is scrotebrained.
      Especially chudfox and chudwolf.

Anonymous

For me it’s Brave. Picture-in-picture YouTube videos and the ability to listen to YouTube videos even when my phone is locked. No other browser on my iToddler device can do this

Anonymous

just use newpipe play in background monkeyboy
        >ios
        oh, nevermind then, lol.

Mr.Ker

Comodo Dragon & Ice Dragon anyone knows if they are any good??

Anonymous

I like qutebrowser
      I know it’s chromium under the hood but it’s alright

Anonymous

>I use Windows
      Edge
      You’re still getting spied on for using Windows no matter how much mitigation you put in place so might as well keep the spying to one company, also probably the most optimized one for said OS
      >Linux
      LibreWolf, GNU IceCat, Ungoogled
      >Android
      Kiwi or Bromite if you actually care, or just use whatever came with the phone doesn’t matter
      >iPad
      See ">I use Windows" but replace Edge with Safari

Anonymous

>You’re still getting spied on for using Windows no matter how much mitigation you put in place
        No you are not. Show me a packet you found using Wireshark after you turned off telemetry. Secondly even if you don’t trust that you can use a firewall like simplewall. Thirdly just because you’re down by one goal that doesn’t mean you should score an own goal. Fourthly, stop using Windows.

Anonymous

>Show me a packet you found using Wireshark after you turned off telemetry.
          If I can show you a packet that Wireshark cannot detect, will you switch to Linux?

Anonymous

I’ve already switched to Linux. In fact I literally said "Stop using Windows".

Anonymous

I only read the first sentence

Anonymous

All I really expect in a browser are extensions to block scripts and ads, properly functioning media playback, and performance optimisation.

Anonymous

I’m ready for a world without browsers.

Anonymous

that’s still a browser

Anonymous

Is telnet a browser too?

Anonymous

Please tell me what this is

Anonymous

Secret project, stay tuned.

Anonymous

use GNU Icecat

Anonymous

[…]

Fuck off shill

Anonymous

The fuck is Linux OS? Last time I heard Linux is the kernel for GNU/Linux

Anonymous

>I use Windows
      and yet you complain about browsers

Anonymous

Windows is more secure than Linux: https://madaidans-insecurities.github.io/linux.html

Anonymous

imagine quoting that scrotebrain

Anonymous

You’ve yet to debunk any of his arguments.

Anonymous

>still no deboonking
              Linuxpedos…

havent read that in a while but it was complete trash
              im sure he mentioned sandboxing, and said windows has that. it doesnt in 99% of cases. it has UWP but no one uses UWP.
              Linux’ snaps are way more widespread, even if imperfect. Besides, FOSS doesnt require such measures. This is important only because proprietary software is a black box that you will never know for sure if its malicious.

I remember something about the bug reports. A friend that worked on Microsoft told me their list of bugs is larger, difference is just that Linux bugs are public.
              Then another i recall was about a bug that Linus didnt consider a bug. Well, I trust the kernel developer with decades of experience and backing from corporations including Microsoft, which happens to use Linux internally as well.

Anonymous

>Besides, FOSS doesnt require such measures.
                the absolute state of freetards. have you read and carefully audited all 11 trillion lines of code running on your system?

Anonymous
                    Anonymous

>scrotes and spics
                    the absolute state of the amerimutt military

Anonymous

i read quite a few
                  well, mostly the patches. as in, when i get an update i give it a read, especially if its in a language im familiar with/work wish. It helps in my career to learn how stuff is written oit there
                  the load is shared among all of us
                  besides, we can just check if something is accessing stuff it shouldnt, then have it as a clue to find the malicious LOC

Anonymous

sour grapes, you havent read any of windows 11 trillion lines of code.

Anonymous

>have you read and carefully audited all 11 trillion lines of code running on your system?
                  I’ve read some. But search functions exist and you know that there are autists out there who do read all those lines of code.

Anonymous

>And said windows has that. it doesnt in 99% of cases. it has UWP but no one uses UWP
                Even if this is true Linux is still worse than mac os, chromeos, android and iOS. Android and ChromeOS are known to have more mitigations and better sandboxing than lincucks.
                >This is important only because proprietary software is a black box that you will never know for sure if its malicious.
                The absolute state of lincucks. Sandboxing is always useful because it protects against attackers compromising the system after 1 CVE.

>madaidans
                college dropout

[…]
                Ubuntu / new vulnerabilities in 2021

Windows 10 / new vulnerabilities in 2021

scrotebrained lincuck. Security through obscurity isn’t real security.

>no good sandboxing or strict mac policies
                That kind of shit is only necessary if you run malwarelike Google Chrome, in which case you’re scrotebrained.

Another lincuck with 50 iq. How come every Linux user is scrotebrained?

Anonymous

>Security through obscurity isn’t real security
                  Closed source is security through obscurity. The real amoutn of CVE’s for Windows is unknown. 390 new vulnerabilities in 2021 is a conservative figure.

Anonymous

Both Linux and some other operating systems benefit from security through obscurity

All the Javascript exploits that escape the browser in history have only affected Windows. Enjoy your Swiss cheese.

>WHAAAT WHO COULD HAVE THOUGHT AN OPERATING SYSTEM THAT PEOPLE USE IS MORE TARGETED THAN ONE NO ONE USES
                    Security through obscurity isn’t real security

Anonymous

Linux runs on all the servers. It is targeted more than Windows. There is actually a lot to gain from hacking Linux (unlike Windows which is usually losers using a desktop computer like you). It’s just has better security and you have to deal with it.

Anonymous

Exploits dont target browsers on Linux because servers don’t use browsers.
                        >Linux runs on all the servers
                        All the actually important servers run their own closed source versions of Linux with grsecurity and more hardening. They are actually secure unlike Linux.

Anonymous

>Exploits dont target browsers on Linux bec-
                        because even if you escaped the browser, Linux won’t let you do anything, because Linux is more secure than Windows. If you escape the browser on Windows, you can pwn the entire system because it’s Swiss cheese and it happens on the regular. You are not secure using Windows.

Anonymous

Wrong. Regular Linux has no sandboxing and apps can do whatever they want. Even if you use flatpak and SELinux it’s Still less effective than Windows, Mac OS, android, Chrome OS and iOS sandboxing.

Anonymous

>apps can do whatever they want
                        They can’t. Linux has a sane privilege system unlike Windows. That’s why it doesn’t need to hide behind sandboxing. Not that it doesn’t have sandboxing too, it’s more widespread in use than in Windows.

Your Windows will get pwnd by a random JavaScript one-liner and delete your system32. This cannot ever happen on Linux, physically impossible. Linux is more secure.

Anonymous

It’s funny how you only talk about Windows when I said Linux is worse than a lot of operating systems. Even of you where right about Windows (which you aren’t) Linux would still be worse than the others.
                        Windows comes insecure by default but you can fix that by just changing some settings and it’s more secure than Linux.

Anonymous

Because you’re a little cuck using Chrome on Windows. There is no point in talking about something else.

Anonymous

I use Windows on my desktop, Mac OS on my laptop and iOS on my phone, all 3 are more secure than L*nux.

Anonymous

To find 50 Windows vulnerabilities rated 9 or higher (remote code execution, complete loss of control), you just need to go back one year. For Linux you have to go back a decade.

Anonymous

>Comparing a kernel no one uses which doesn’t even handle CVEs correctly to a widely used operating system

Anonymous

It’s used by servers, so more important targets than your shitty desktop computer.

It’s open source, so people are reporting vulnerabilities all the time (unlike Windows’ security by obscurity)

Despite that, the Windows vulnerabilities are so much worse, because it’s so insecure

Anonymous

All important servers use their own closed source forks of Linux which are actually secure unlike Linux.
                        >It’s open source, so people are reporting vulnerabilities all the time (unlike Windows’ security by obscurity)
                        >He fell for the meme that people actually read Linux source code
                        No one likes reading Linux source code, no one does. This is just a scrotebrained freetard meme.
                        >Despite that, the Windows vulnerabilities are so much worse, because it’s so insecure
                        Woah what’s that, the Windows vulnerabilities become much less worse when I just enable the security settings, who could have thought?

Anonymous

>t-they aren’t running Linux (they are)
                        >o-open source developers don’t read code (they do)
                        >w-windows doesn’t have 50+ remote code execution vulnerabilities just in the past year (it does)
                        your insecure OS full of holes gets destroyed by 1 JS line lmao

Anonymous

>Let’s not enable the security settings
                        >WAAAAAAAAAH why is Windows so insecure WAAAAAAAH

Anonymous

Vulnerabilities don’t care about your settings. Example: the print spooler has allowed for a random print work to brick your computer since Windows XP all the way to Windows 10 (21H1). The Chrome sandbox will not help you. UWP will not help you. Because it’s not their fault that you can’t even print a website securely lmao, bricked by a freaking piece of paper, state of the art security !

Anonymous

>Vulnerabilities don’t care about your settings
                        The absolute state of Lincucks

Anonymous

>just changing some settings
                        unless you get hit by the 390 new vulnerabilities introduced in 2021

Anonymous

If you’re using Chrome on Windows, it’s easy peasy to get your passwords and Google closes the issue as WontFix LMAOO

Even Google knows Windows is a lost cause

Anonymous

>yes, using unknown software is more secure
                      >no, using uknown software is not more secure. source: muh mantra

Anonymous

All the Javascript exploits that escape the browser in history have only affected Windows. Enjoy your Swiss cheese.

Anonymous

> This is important only because proprietary software is a black box that you will never know for sure if its malicious.
                Whoever told you proprietary software is a black box has no technical knowledge and you shouldn’t listen to them. Windows is the most widely used desktop OS in the world, and it’s being reversed engineered all the time by both security researchers and malware authors. How do you think vulnerabilities are found?

Anonymous

>still no deboonking
            Linuxpedos…

Anonymous

>not using OpenBSD

Anonymous

>madaidans
          college dropout

You’ve yet to debunk any of his arguments.

Ubuntu / new vulnerabilities in 2021

Windows 10 / new vulnerabilities in 2021

Anonymous

Out of the 5 server siss I know, none of them runs linux on their personal machines, they only use it at work.

Stop pretending linux is a good everyday use OS

Anonymous

There is no such thing as a "safe" browser with "privacy", it’s just varying degrees of how open they are about it. So honestly, there’s no point in arguing about which browser is better from a privacy standpoint, just pick your poison woke af on how much you like using it.

Anonymous

For me it’s Nyxt, the most powerful web browser.

Anonymous

Is there any browsers that respect my theming at all instead of using their own shit?
      Chromium almost does but it has its own shitty tabs, same with firefox

Anonymous

set this in firefox
        widget.content.gtk-theme-override

Anonymous

fuck web browsers let’s just go back to BBSs

Anonymous

Are there any disadvantages to using Vivaldi over an un-googled Chromium?

Anonymous

use brave, stop wasting your life

Anonymous

nah, brave is botnet

Anonymous

nope

Anonymous

can you actually disable brave’s own trackers? you know they track you even if you disable the shitcoin bloat, right?

Anonymous

almost all other browsers track you. the ones that don’t aren’t worth using. firefox has thousands of on first run connections, chromium has no sync, qutebrowser isn’t worth using, at least in the current state. brave has the least amount of connections on first run than any browser than has on run connections, and unlike all other browsers it only connects to brave domains. this has already been proven a million times over.

Anonymous

so, can you disable it or not? you can disable all trackers and telemetry on other browsers.

what’s the point of blocking 3rd party trackers if you’re just going to replace them with another tracker?

the fact that it "only" connects to brave server doesn’t make it better. they still harvest your data and sell it to their partners.

brave seems like a step backwards in privacy

Anonymous

>you can disable all trackers and telemetry on other browsers.
                    nice _reddit spacing you _reddit shitbag. and no you very well can’t. firefox you cannot disable it nor can you on any chromium woke af browser, so stop lying and go back to scrotegit where you belong. im going to continue to paste this over and over until you read it https://brave.com/popular-browsers-first-run/ brave has LESS on first run unsolicited connections than other browsers, you can test it yourself with any MITT proxy but you won’t because you’re a scrotegit scrote

Anonymous

This is so autistic that it’s not even funny. Most of these """unsolicited requests""" are just bullshit for loading the scrotebrained default pocket feed and detecting captive portals. NOOOOOO 2 PACKETS!!!!!! MOZILLA IS HACKING ME!!!

Anonymous

Oh, and I should add, the only real disadvantage at this point is that I’d probably have to build it myself, since no one seems to be keeping up with new releases promptly enough. My beefiest hardware is an Intel Haswell laptop with 16GB of RAM (maybe 8, not sure right now) and I’ve heard horror stories about Chrome needing a lot more than that, which is kind of insane considering I can cross-compile an entire embedded Linux distro on a Pi 4 in under 3 hours, and that includes building the toolchain too.

use brave, stop wasting your life

That’s also an option

Anonymous

>Are there any disadvantages to using Vivaldi
        it’s partially closed source, so yes. i personally would rather use a fully FOSS browser instead of a partially or fully closed source anything. don’t care what the reason is or how good it is. there are plenty of better FOSS options out there, people constantly name them. just use chromium, or firefox, or brave, or ungoogled chromium, or qutebrowser, or icewolf, or palemoon, or etc etc etc etc the list goes on and on. and you chose the closed source one? why?

Anonymous

>not using tor browser for everything
      ngmi

Anonymous

sorry, but i like the web to move faster than 2kbps

Anonymous

*ahem*, use the lion LULZ. The founder openly hates google, diversity and hates garden gnomes.

Anonymous

sound like a nice guy!

That explains why brave is constantly trying to fuck their users.

Anonymous

barely paying attention to brave, what are they doing this time?

the project overall seems like a good idea in principle and i want to like it.

i kinda like vivaldi too, they do some neat shit but then they add pointless trash like the ability to control your smart light color woke af on the page you’re on, who gives a fuck.

maybe i just stay on firefox.

Anonymous

As of this morning I keep getting spammed with ads directly from Brave. WTF… Time to move on, I guess.

Anonymous

Yandex and Opera are the safest when it comes from staying away from Google

ahora te voy a tocar la jalea

>Yandex
        it’s giga epic, best image searcher hands down,

Anonymous

>Linux OS

Ok… you got me goyim

Anonymous

what happened with firefox recently
      been hearing about it but i just use chrome

Anonymous

fosstards are melting down because a bunch of fake stories about moz sending address bar keystrokes to their servers came out. It ended up being that a static list of ads gets downloaded once and the scrotebrained internet suggestions are opt-in.

Anonymous

ALL BROWSER KEKS BTFO

Anonymous

if you have a castrated win image your settings are picked up by edge and as far as im concerned ive done tests with mitmproxy on my ltsc build on the 90 version and it was not doing anything out of the world outside the component update fetch plus the vertical tabs and the download bar alone are something to switch on if you don’t like firefox

Anonymous

Fixed your image OP

Anonymous

Mozilla and Apple literally copy-paste code from V8 because they can’t keep up with the web standards, might as well make them all Google

Anonymous

Chromium and Chrome aren’t the same things.

Anonymous

Im pretty sure the two on the right are
        Google + Microsoft and Google + Opera Software

Anonymous

[…]

>our lord and savior
      >created the abomination that is javascript
      fuck off

Anonymous

FireFox is funded by google to avoid Anti-Trust cases, you dumb scrote.

Anonymous

use ungoogled chromium scrotebrain

Anonymous

I’m not a scrotebrain 🙁

Anonymous

sorry fren but u shud stil try unoogled chromosomium

Anonymous

sorry anon, I dont really like webengine monopolies 🙁 you understand, right?

Anonymous

what does that have to do with the quality of the product? all the google shit is stripped out so you’re getting a purely functional browser

Anonymous

Chromium browsers are unusable on Linux.

Anonymous

lol wot?

Anonymous

The scrolling speed is extremely low and you can’t change it.

Anonymous

I have no problem scrolling.

Anonymous

never had an issue with that

If it doesn’t bother you then good for you but the fact is that the scrolling speed is about half of what it is on Windows and for many people this is unacceptable. Google refuses to fix this issue.

Anonymous

I mostly use the keyboard with Vimium for scrolling anyway, so I don’t really care that much about the mousewheel.

Anonymous

never had an issue with that

Anonymous

>using Windows 10 to remote into your Linux ‘Desktop’
            state of Linux users
            kek

Anonymous

he also hid his local IP

Anonymous

It is said that google et al add increasingly complicated bullshit to the html5 spec so that smaller browser developers can’t keep up. Wouldn’t it be nice to mandate that every proposal must include a minimum viable implementation of the complete proposed spec, so that at least we can have a minimal alternative browser that just tapes together these things without so much developer effort? I know it sounds a bit scrotebrained and the reference implementations would probably be hobbled on purpose and made incompatible with each other, but still I’d much rather use a scrotebrainedly slow browser than chrome once FF is dead.

Anonymous

How much longer do you think FF realistically has?

Anonymous

They’re adding advertisements to the freaking address bar, for all I care it’s already dead.

Anonymous

Wouldn’t those who use mitigation/hardening not have to worry about such travesty?

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id