Abandon new lighting tech. Return to incandescent.

Home Forums Science & tech Abandon new lighting tech. Return to incandescent.

Viewing 85 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

LEDs and CFLs are a plot to rob you of flicker-free full spectrum light, damaging your health, eyesight, and mental well-being. Not only are these new technologies terrible to look at, but they give off radio frequency interference. And despite the lies on the packages, they don’t last nearly as long as incandescent bulbs.

Anonymous

Wrong

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/StvNdXN.gif

We haven’t even gotten into the high lumens yet. Don’t you want a million lumens in your dining table? To burn you and your corneas?

Anonymous

>only a million
        Six million and nothing less.

Anonymous

>LEDs and CFLs are a plot to rob you of flicker-free full spectrum light,
      True, LEDs aren’t full-spectrum. Ball is in your court to argue as to why this is bad.
      >damaging your health
      Lie.
      >eyesight
      Lie.
      >and mental well-being
      Lie.
      >Not only are these new technologies terrible to look at
      Opinion presented as fact
      >but they give off radio frequency interference
      They can’t "give off radio frequency interference", they can give off electromagnetic waves that might or might not interfere with extant electromagnic signals in the vicinity. Assuming they do, which is a far fetch, again: Ball is in your court to argue as to why this is bad.
      >And despite the lies on the packages, they don’t last nearly as long as incandescent bulbs.
      Post peer reviewed metastudy proving your assertion of fuck right off.

Anonymous

>True, LEDs aren’t full-spectrum
        They’re more broad spectrum than peaky CFLs, but not as ‘full spectrum’ as incandescent, which is still mostly IR. Most white LEDs dip at around 480-500nm

Anonymous

They can make LEDs any spectrum they want by combining the diodes.
          >t. Reef aquarium enthusiast.

Anonymous

This is Truth.
            I hope you’
            re not blasting yur aquatic animals with too much blue though

I’ve used filler LEDs ~480nm-500nm to compensate for the dip between emitter and phosphor. I’m trying to make household lighting fixtures with a broad spectrum that no other lighting types have come close to
            >t; also grows weed

Anonymous

Oh they’re blue as fuck baby. The corals love it and the coralline algae is off the charts. Makes everything glow beautifully.

Anonymous

go back t0 reddit please, we dont need more of you here

Anonymous

OP is right. (((Big Light Bulb))) can suck my cock.

Anonymous

CRI
        Without full spectrum light objects, food and skin will appear to have the wrong colour

Anonymous

I wanna beat the shit out of you

Anonymous

are you really that passionate about light bulbs

Anonymous

same

Anonymous

third

Anonymous

Who the fuck gave you authority to tell apart lies from truth, you little reddit scrote? go back to where you came from, the purpose of this board is to discuss and challenge what the system presents as fact

Anonymous

The garden gnome fear the incandescent bulbs

Anonymous

The garden gnome wishes we used incandescent bulbs. They are more expensive in terms of TCO and replacement and use a shitload more electricity. Woke af Japanbros only invented true white/yellow LEDs in the 1990s. I’m thankful for LED bulbs. Fuck CFLs though. Those things are I think bad for white people’s mental health. That WAS a gnomish conspiracy.

Anonymous

this. you people are freaking scrotebrained incandescent lightbulbs that die quickly are the oldest gnomish trick LED lights are pro consumer

Anonymous

It’s a completely different form of illumination.
              Go watch the fireplace channel bud, we are talking incandescence here

Anonymous

Seriously. There was an actual light bulb cartel at one point. Not even a conspiracy theory. Whatever man, let dumb people be dumb, I guess.

Anonymous

Lol.. Reddit delusional

Anonymous

Woke af truth-teller

Anonymous

you’re dumb

Anonymous

>>LEDs and CFLs are a plot to rob you of flicker-free full spectrum light,
        >True, LEDs aren’t full-spectrum. Ball is in your court to argue as to why this is bad.
        Color reproduction index, eye strain.
        >>damaging your health
        >Lie.
        see eye strain
        >>eyesight
        >Lie.
        see eye strain
        >>and mental well-being
        >Lie.
        see eye strain
        >>Not only are these new technologies terrible to look at
        >Opinion presented as fact
        see Color Reproduction Index and eye strain
        >>but they give off radio frequency interference
        >They can’t "give off radio frequency interference", they can give off electromagnetic waves that might or might not interfere with extant electromagnic signals in the vicinity. Assuming they do, which is a far fetch, again: Ball is in your court to argue as to why this is bad.
        They’re driven with square-ed waves, of course they’re giving off EMI and especially EMC at frequencies up to the typical cutoff of these didoes, which is around 50kHz. Enough to fuck with your audio devices and bluetooth.
        >>And despite the lies on the packages, they don’t last nearly as long as incandescent bulbs.
        >Post peer reviewed metastudy proving your assertion of fuck right off.
        you don’t know much about engineering do you

Anonymous

>course they’re giving off EMI
          What freaking LED bulbs are you using? I’ve only seen ones that use two LED strips connected back to front (mostly eliminating flicker) and a current limit resistor and maybe a smoothing cap.

Anonymous

t. Philips LED shill

Anonymous

they hated him because he told them the truth

Anonymous

dont listen to this guy. check out jackkruse.com

Anonymous

Woke af and the seethe confirms

Anonymous

>Post peer reviewed metastudy proving your assertion of fuck right off.
        >ball is in your court
        I was with you for most of your post however: it is up to you to prove something is safe, not the other way around.

Anonymous

This has to be one of the most pseudo-intellectual posts ever posted on this board.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>the peer review meta study garden gnome cries out in pain as he strikes you

Anonymous

kek look how many seething replies you got from /poo/tard schizos. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous

>they give off radio frequency interference
      Proof?

Anonymous

Take your AM radio and tune it to dead air, then bring it near your nu-bulb while it’s turned on.

You’ll hear a LOT of noise. All these shits have cheap power supplies.

Anonymous

>You’ll hear a LOT of noise. All these shits have cheap power supplies.

You will find that non-dimmable LEDs tend to emit very little noise. Thats why they’re suitable for garage door opener bulbs, they don’t blast out RF like dimmables do.

Anonymous

Interesting. Why does led give off radio signals?….

Anonymous

They need a primitive version of a switch mode power supply to reduce the voltage internally to a degree different than the voltage applied by the mains. There is a transistor in there flicking at a much higher rate than the normal 60 Hz AC in order to pull that off.

Anonymous

Is this why I seem to have Bluetooth connection issues with a android box I have next to a LED light?

Anonymous

LED, aka light emitting DIODE, only works with DC. Your house is wired with AC power. Thus AC must be converted to DC with a power supply. Every bulb has to have a DC psu in it, not much different than a USB wall charger for a phone.
        Cheap PSUs hooked up to the wall will send lots of noise back into your power lines. And your power lines, spread throughout your home, act as powered antennas. your whole home gets radiated with the noise of every cheap psu in your home.

Anonymous

Read the side of the box, dumb ass.. holy fuck

They make so much noise the fcc makes the company get a freaking radio license

Anonymous

I saved hundreds of bulbs from when they were plentiful and cheap, even pulling them out of a dumpster when the electric company garden gnomes came to the apartment complex and changed everyone’s bulbs for free. I grabbed the discarded incandescent ones out of the trash at least a hundred working bulbs.

Trump made incandescent bulbs legal again just to be nice.

Anonymous

Beautiful.

Incandescent bulbs are the only kind which don’t give you eye cancer.

Anonymous

>give you eye cancer
          but think about how much money Schlomo the Landlord will save!

Anonymous

Thaks God for people like you

Anonymous

>RETURN 2 MONKE
      I love incandescent lighting because it’s so natural, but I still use LEDs and smooth them myself with added caps, depending on the power supply used. The ones with switch mode PS are easy peasy to get flicker free, smoothed DC, the ones that run on line voltage with a bunch of serially connected chips are cheaper, way less reliable and require big caps to smooth out the half wave 120hz flicker, but its easy.

Anonymous

That’s the incorrect conspiracy.
      The real one is that is lighting companies produce bulbs that are too much more efficient then their competitors they will be fined for doing so.
      Even international engineering organizations admit that this was happening, where they get it wrong is by purposefully obfuscating that the laws to fine companies for being too efficient are actually still in place.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/the-great-lightbulb-conspiracy

Anonymous

yeah, google Dubai Light Bulbs

Anonymous

you know it’s forbidden to import them btw?

Anonymous

I think they do this by using a bunch more filament coils dispersing the load as to reduce strain on the filaments while maintaining similar lumens. We can steal this idea bros.

Anonymous

Looks like they pack 12 filaments in here to share the load and help flatten the curve

Anonymous

A light bulb that lasts too long cuts into sales.
              Ever wonder why people don’t buy American waffle irons anymore? Because they’re still using the ones they bought in the 1970s.

Anonymous

You can get very similar ones from Philips labeled "vintage". Also some outdoor LED bulbs they have are similar. They tend to be flame shaped bulbs, however.

Anonymous

yeah, google Dubai Light Bulbs

Seriously. There was an actual light bulb cartel at one point. Not even a conspiracy theory. Whatever man, let dumb people be dumb, I guess.

Is there a single freaking thing that garden gnomes have not gone out of their way to make worse?

A light bulb that lasts too long cuts into sales.
        Ever wonder why people don’t buy American waffle irons anymore? Because they’re still using the ones they bought in the 1970s.

Doesn’t that just mean you should reduce your production volume? If a few workshops with 200 employees each can supply the entire country with some widget that seems like a good thing.

Anonymous

>Is there a single freaking thing that garden gnomes have not gone out of their way to make worse?
          Is there a solution?

Anonymous

garden gnomes have bonked with everything, because they are not looking to help us, they are only using us to get what they want for themselves.

Haven’t you realized that by now? A real genocide needs to happen.

Anonymous

LED are used to spy

Anonymous

The emitters arent used to spy, the actual luminaire fixtures are being equipped for spying, but there is nothing inherently spying about semiconductor light

Anonymous
        Anonymous

A light bulb can’t spy on you. This is referring to those "smart home" light fixtures that can use wifi and Bluetooth to connect to an app and change colors or turn on automatically and other stupid shit.

Being surprised by this is like being surprised that installing a wiretap in the form of an Alexa unit means big tech is spying on you.

Anonymous

An LED / CFL lamp isn’t a “light bulb” though, it’s electronics, which is why they must be FCC approved.

Anonymous

>A light bulb can’t spy on you
          Yes it can, and so can WiFi (neural mapping).

t. Formerly worked for cisco, the neural mapping thing is known internally and a big freaking elephant in the room

Anonymous

>WiFi (neural mapping).
            >Graphene active sensor arrays for long-term and wireless mapping of wide frequency band epicortical brain activity
            The vaxx. Diodes and routers arent doing this by themselves

Anonymous

The police use vibrations on Windows captured via laser light to spy on drug dealers in the 1980’s. In the Soviet Union they could figure out how to see how many people were inside a room and about where they were standing just using radio frequency, and that was way back when. Sincerely, grow up sweetie.

Anonymous

and more

Anonymous

I switched my lights back to incandescent when my 3d printer made the led ones flicker nonstop

Anonymous

So your shitty Chinese 3d printer is throwing out em that fucks your shit up?
        Better use luddite lights to hide the problem…

Anonymous

It’s funny to watch you squirm and screech.

Anonymous

Fluorescent bulbs have been around for over a 100 years OP. They don’t make you bling dumbshit.

Anonymous

I can vouch for shitty life on LED bulbs. When I moved into my new house 7 years ago I thought I was being clever buying LED bulbs for every outlet. Spend $500 now, save thousands in the long run. Over the past 7 years I’ve replaced EVERY bulb in our house at least twice (some three times). These $10-15 bulbs get dimmer over the first few months, then after a year start to flicker, then eventually just stop turning on entirely.

I went to buy normal bulbs this year and literally no one sells them anymore. Turns out incandescent bulbs are now illegal to manufacture in America?

Anonymous

Yep, cheap chinese shit manufactured specifically for a limited lifespan. They ensure limited life with shitty thermal management. Usually use overdriven chips with the power supply directly thermally connected to the emitter heatsink, and they slowly cook themselves to death

t; its by design, gnomish tricks

Anonymous

>shitty thermal management.
          scrotebrains install LED bulbs in sunken ceiling light pots that have zero heat ventilation. But yes all chinese bulbs are shit.

Anonymous

You can still buy them, look into the “rough service” loophole.

Anonymous

Pet store

Anonymous

Order lightbulbs meant for Dubai.

Anonymous
          Anonymous

>Order lightbulbs meant for Dubai.
          But they are cost more, there is no win.
          either you pay less and get lower lifespan or pay more and get more lifespan.

They won’t manufacture something less profitable than the incandescent bulb.

Anonymous

>These $10-15 bulbs get dimmer over the first few months, then after a year start to flicker, then eventually just stop turning on entirely.

You bought american "GE" bulbs? These dim pretty fast.

Anonymous

Yup, this is the truth. Only buy Philips LED. Sylvania’s blow as well.

Anonymous

Land of the free
        Home of the brave

Anonymous

You’ve had bad luck with bulbs or you have a shitty power supply. I’ve been using generic LED bulbs for almost 10 years and have only had to replace a couple of them. One of them, a very low-wattage bulb, has been on continuously for almost 8 years.

Anonymous

I buy midrange Cree. No flicker; the bulbs I bought eleven freaking years ago that see hours-daily use are still going strong.

Most people don’t want to spend $20/bulb, they want their $6 a box Walmart shit and so yes, see constant burnouts and flickering like a freaking ghost rave in a haunted house.

Cheap leds suck. CFLs are a catastrophic fire hazard. If those are your options, yes, shitty incandescents are better. But if you’re not a poorscrote, quality LEDs are the patricians choice.

Anonymous

>buying the chinese bulbs
            good on you, i’m sure the flicker is barely noticeable at a conscious level anyway

and the native americans who import them from china thank you for your goyness

Anonymous

Use candle light

Anonymous

>not using wood fire

Gtfo

>the incandescent garden gnome
        >not using only holy fire
        ngmi

Uh oh looks like the Phoebus Cartel found the thread!

Anonymous

This, and make them yourself

>Traditional white profession
        >saves money
        >looks kino as fuck
        >can make your house smell great
        >can stop using the electric garden gnome
        >can put your kids hand over them if they act up

Unless you live in a freaking wind tunnel they won’t go out, and even then, get a hurricane lantern for them

Anonymous

>not using wood fire

Gtfo

Anonymous

>wood fire
        look at mr money bags not using horse dung scraped off the high street.

Anonymous

>the incandescent garden gnome
      >not using only holy fire
      ngmi

Anonymous

woke af and candlepilled

Anonymous

Why are people now so obsessed with having smart lamps now? Lots of friend of mine are getting these new bluetooth led lamps because you can turn them on with your phone. Whats the fuck is the problem with just using a freaking switch? It’s much easier

Anonymous

they’re falling for gnomish tricks

Anonymous

Consooomers are nothing but flesh with an appetite for moar consoom and what garden gnomes tell them it’s new and fun, I refuse to own anything "smart", it’s gay af, globalist and usually useless

Anonymous

This
          The lamp thing is a great example because that is such an obvious gimmick to make you consume more.
          Why the fuck would you even want to control your lighting with your phone instead of a switch? It would only make things harder

Anonymous

My 90s Volvo is beyond woke af, my scrotebrained ‘friends’ are like "oh goy check how good the infotainment in my new cuck box is, I can directly connect to my android and blablabla"

Why is this even interesting? Only scrotebrained woke afboys like this kind of shit, it’s absolutely worth less, I put my cassete to aux cable adapter and connect it to my phone and that’s it, how freaking hard is it? And new cars are absolutely worthless, ugly and trash

Anonymous

>listens to disembodied music and voices while driving

I’m disappointed in you, anon.

Anonymous

I like to go to bed and yell "hi google lights out" it’s comfy

Anonymous

>hey google

Anonymous

I like programming my lights to turn themselves on in the morning as part of my wake up alarm. I also program my lights to turn on and off when I’m on vacation to help create an illusion that the home is occupied.

Anonymous

This has been possible since the 1980’s, don’t you know about X10 and building automation? Low cost kits to control your home from the Internet have been available since the 1990s.

Anonymous

>Its so hecking awesome I can turn the lights on before I get home!!! I can even turn the lights off when I get into gamer mode.
        I detest anything "smart" electronic or bluetooth. These devices are what is draining humanity from people. I will never allow one of those devices in my home. I might in the future since they are killing 3g next year and I’ll have to upgrade phones but hopefully there will be a dumbphone on 4g or I’ll just have to put it in a led box when at home.

JFK Jr is the antichrist

Just stop using artificial light. When the sun goes down, you are supposed to sleep.

Anonymous

I can run the lights, the tv, the pc, and the fridge for cheaper than it was to run the lights on incandescent.

Yeah out garden gnome the garden gnome by paying 10 x the cost in electricity for incandescent that are warm as fuck and dangerous.

Anonymous

>brit
        >dangerous

So you need an ID to buy them?

Anonymous

Yes, of course. If you touch them when they’re on they can hurty your pinkie winkies.

Anonymous

The good Phillips LEDs on Alexa and/or PIR are fooking magic. Not touched a light switch in a year, got rid of most of them.

Burgers don’t do refinement.

Anonymous

Our entire house is LED now. The garden gnome would love us to be running incandescent bulbs as (apparently) OP, who is a certified scrotes, would like us to. This is one of the more ridiculous threads on here I’ve seen in a while. Lumping CFLs (which do suck) in with LEDs is asinine. They are far more efficient and the quality of light is much better than CFL.

Anonymous

Bin that bulb m8

JFK Jr is the antichrist

Led lights make it easy to eavesdrop and spy on you.

Throw away led lamp bulbs and stop using electric light completely.

Anonymous

>throw away electric light completely
        Who wants to tell him?

Anonymous

Incandescent bulbs are going to suck now that energy prices were increased to compensate for the reduction in use, plus the usual increase.

Anonymous

This is the dumbest post I’ve ever seen on this site.

I have 5+ year old LED bulbs that are 100w equivalent.

They cost $1.50 each
      And use a tenth of the electricity which I’ve tested.

Anonymous

They’re going to exacerbate your schizophrenia and Tay-Sachs.

Anonymous

These fuckin’ devil bulbs are not living up to expectation. The fucker that came in my house and swapped them out (ty commie cdn government incentives) worked for about a year and then started failing.
      Also, electrical bill didn’t drop at all.

If i find the fucker that made us buy these piece of shit bulbs I’m going to stick one up his/her/it’s ass and break the fucker.

freaking scrote.

Anonymous

>And despite the lies on the packages, they don’t last nearly as long as incandescent bulbs.
      I’ve replaced all the bulbs in my home with LEDs over the years and haven’t had to replace a single one since. And yeah, I’ve got a big box of incandescents and yeah, they die way faster.

Anonymous

I’m not sure if it’s “incandescents” per se. my house in Wisconsin is 150-some odd years old and blows god damn incandescent lightbulbs like I change underwater. We’ve never figured out why.

Have a newer house in Texas and I’ve maybe changed one or two bulbs since 2010 which is exactly how many I’ve changed in my moms new house that was built with 100% LED lights a year ago — Lennar is 10/10 using cheap l Chinese fixtures and you can’t just change the god damn bulb it’s an assembly with power supply circuit board light etc

Anonymous

262 scrote here, i have both kinds at home never really thought much about it until this thread, though any remaining non-LED bulbs came with the house now that i think about it

Anonymous

>my house in Wisconsin is 150-some odd years old and blows god damn incandescent lightbulbs like I change underwater. We’ve never figured out why.
          Unironically 608 here. I’m in a recently built apartment that’s pretty snazzy and the same applies. Same with my parent’s home that was built in 2000. It’s just the nature of the carbon filament. Enough heat energy applied over time causes entropy. LEDs are pushing a fraction of the juice so they last a longer time.

Anonymous

>We’ve never figured out why.

Your house is either fed badly voltage regulated power or you have a ghost infection.

Anonymous

>my house in Wisconsin is 150-some odd years old and blows god damn incandescent lightbulbs like I change underwater. We’ve never figured out why.
          You need to install a $200 suppressor at your fusebox. You can also test the voltage and current on the service side and see if they’re overvolting the house. They can make adjustments on their side.

Anonymous

This is true

Anonymous

Some form of non-electric lighting would look great, I saw a lamp filled with bioluminescent algae but its brightness isn’t enough to be usable.

Anonymous

There are luminous paints that recharge during the day and emit light during the night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_r82pfK44E

Maybe painting a huge indoor area with them could work someday.

Another less horrible lighting I saw in garden gnometube are fake outdoor lighting simulators.

Anonymous

>luminous
          are the luminous ingredients toxic? if so, and probably yes, then fuck off garden gnome

Anonymous

We should have giant mirrors that channel the light from the daylight side of the earth round to the night side.
        Think of the savings!

Anonymous

Why cannot I buy 150watt bright as the surface of the sun light bulbs?

Anonymous

You can; there are various options. Even 400W or 800W bulbs are available.
        With LEDs you can buy compact floodlights up to 200W no problem, those yield around 20000lm, which is roughly as bright as the sun at 3ft distance.

Anonymous

LED only flicker if you drive them with AC current, which certainly is not ideal.

Anonymous

Switch mode PSUs also flicker. Know of any nu bulbs with transformers?

Anonymous

>not smoothing them with a shit ton of microfarads
          ngmi

Anonymous

Well, it’s rare to see any bulbs entirely without rectifiers because that 50/60Hz flicker is just too much, but not all of them have a complete (or stable) DC PSU. In most professional applications (and modern electrification) you’d drive the entire circuit with a DC PSU, instead of putting the PSU into the bulb, much likewith an LED strip.
          In my opinion these LED bulbs you screw directly into an AC socket should only be a stopgap solution in case you cannot install a DC circuit easily, although usually it’s very easy, just a matter of putting a PSU into the breaker box and rewiring the lights.

Anonymous

I’ll just keep my nice warm real light bulbs, thanks.

Anonymous

The garden gnomes hate incandescent bulbs because all of the rogue IR fucks with their remote spying IR cameras

Anonymous

Ah interesting, never even thought about that.

Anonymous

In some respects CRI is more important than efficiency anyway, and many LEDs have very poor CRI; a poorly balanced spectrum, but incandescent certainly have their problems, too (henlo planned obscolescence); the waste heat is not always a positive, but frankly, in any cold climate there is no real energy loss since the bulbs compensate for less energy spent heating the room.

Anonymous

I just despise LED and CFL light. Halogen is OK, soon hopefully sodium will be practical for consumer Edison fixtures.

Anonymous

>halogen
                  can flicker too, since they are driven by DC, so it’s much the same as LED in that respect
                  >sodium
                  has even bigger CRI problems than LED, so I wouldn’t count on that

In my opinion they all have their uses and can be used correctly or incorrectly.
                  Pleasant and vibrant LED light is possible, but definitely not a given.
                  Incandescent probably is the most simple and foolproof choice, and great in cold climate, which reminds me my lava lamp wouldn’t work without these, so I am actually using one bulb myself. I’ll turn it on in your honor.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Incandescent vs halogen
      Thoughts?

Anonymous

Bulbas flicker at 50/60hz as well since they follow the AC phase

/throam

Anonymous

Nope, because once the filament heats up they produce constant light. They may flicker for one or two seconds before the filament fully heats right when you turn them on though.

Don’t they have physics in pizza land, Angelo?

Anonymous

Y are you such a scroteit? Don’t you think i have an incandescent bulba in my house?

Anonymous

Are you mad that I can tell you’re Angelo Straghini?

Anonymous

50Hz scrotes need not apply

Anonymous

I forgot they did that over there. The high mains voltage is woke af though. Kind of a soft eugenics program for dumb kids who wanna play with outlets.

Anonymous

incandescent should be illegals
      literally brainlet bait

Anonymous

The Antichrist loves LED and CFL bulbs.

Anonymous

Idk about interior lights but I will say that headlights have gotten way, way too bright the past few years. I’m not against cars having a super bright light setting, but the normal, non-high beam setting should not be blinding like it is now. It’s pointless and dangerous and annoying.

NiggersTongueMyAnus

AMERICAN BROS: WHO MAKES THE BEST, LONGEST LASTING INCANDESCENT BULBS?

Aero Tech is out of stock on the 100W bulbs.

Anonymous

Aero Tech does. Try to buy elsewhere.

I have 4 dozen bulbs, that should last 100 years.

NiggersTongueMyAnus

Damn, trying to find some. Maybe 25W will have to do for the low light areas for now. Have you used the full spectrum neodymium glass bulbs? How do they compare to a standard incandescent?

Anonymous

I love the Aero Tech full spectrum bulbs. The lady said I cleaned them out.

Anonymous

>bait.jpg
        >no reverse search results
        not cool

NiggersTongueMyAnus

>doesn’t see the perfect10.com link on the side of the picture
          filthy phone posters get the rope.

Anonymous

I do, but from my understanding this "bar" on the right is just some third party edit; they put it over the original copyright information, like MetArt or whatever. I am not satisfied with anything but the full resolution original.
            Only now upon your response did I try visit that url, and it does not work for me at all.

NiggersTongueMyAnus

my apologies, I just googled something like 10/10 girl nude sometime last year, so I cannot help you and your coombrain today.

Anonymous

Dollar tree sells 100w for $1

They’re generic imported through greenbrier international

Anonymous

What’s the service life on those?

Anonymous

>What’s the service life on those?
            About 2000 hours tops. Roughly 3 months.

Anonymous

Not very long

Anonymous

leds are best for weed
      theyre good enough for me

Anonymous

>LEDs and CFLs are a plot to rob you of flicker-free full spectrum light
      Wrong. Being a cheapskate and buying the cheapest LED and CFL bulbs China can devise is doing that.

Anonymous

Not all LED bulbs use PWM. Only the dimmable /color ones.
      I just hate yellow lights

Anonymous

Makes your Chinese skin look even yellower?

Anonymous

Am I the only one who likes CFL bulbs? got two have lasted years almost constantly on, not the brightest but give a nice warm natural light

Anonymous

>cfl
        >warm, natural
        Now this is shitposting.

Anonymous

They’re okay aside from the fact that theyre little vails of gnomish, neurologically poisonous, vapourized heavy metal

NiggersTongueMyAnus

I like them for the bathroom light that stays on constantly when im away from home for days at a time. Regular use I don’t like how fake they feel compared to classic incandescents.

Anonymous

I had a cool idea, some chink here can take it idgaf, basically a lightbulb where it has multiple extra sacrificial filaments sort of like the series of fuses in a fuse box.

Feel free to become a millionaire, you’re welcome, just bum me a dart would ya.

Anonymous

We could make our own lightbulbs, /poo/.

Anonymous

My CFLs from five years ago haven’t croaked yet

Anonymous

What about the starter?

Anonymous

>time to wage war on the light bulbs goys
      not happening rambo rabbi

Anonymous

Like I really don’t know why you couldn’t have backup filaments inside of the bulb if you wired it a certain way

Anonymous

It would require super fast active components since the load on the remaining filament would double and burn out instantly. It would be expensive and honestly not practical.

Anonymous

I like LED’s. They don’t emit dangerous UV radiation like incandescents and they last seemingly forever. I have LED’s I bought back in 2013 and I’m still using them.
      CFL’s suck balls though, geez I can’t believe I bought so many but they did save electricity.

Anonymous

>incandescent bulb salesman on /poo/
      Commendable. I will take three dozen of your finest bulbs, good sir!

Anonymous

Incandescent bulbs only wastw power when you are running AC. If you are running your heater as many people do for much of the year then the waste heat from the incandescent bulb is simply helping hear your house. It isn’t wasteful at all. Green scrotes can’t comprehend this.

Anonymous

1 KWH into your heat pump gives 4-5 KWH in heating, much better than 1KWH into your light bulb which will give 0.97 KWH heating.

Anonymous

Any decent non pozzed study on that?

Anonymous

>Any decent non pozzed study on that?

Yes, your basic physics book. The performance of a heat pump depends on the outdoor exchange medium’s temperature. There are also heat pump systems that use the air that is pumped out of your house as a source for heating your house, this means that you will pump cold air outside into the cold outdoors. A heatpump works like your refridgerator but instead of pumping heat out of your fridge and dumping inside your kitchen it will pump heat into your house from the outdoors or recycle heat from expelled air (or even water).

Anonymous

They managed to ignore heat pumps in the US until thermodynamics in college. I’d never heard of one til then. Maybe because I live in New England and without oil or propane heat here, you gon die (or pay an actual fortune in electricity).

Anonymous

You can start by picking up any book labeled “thermodynamics” and stop asking to be spoon food freaking “peer reviewed studies” you wanker.

Anonymous

I’ve used both. They outlast incandescent by huge amounts. I’ve lived in this house a decade. I haven’t replaced a single lightbulb that wasn’t incandescent.

Anonymous

To stop led light bulbs from flickering you need to replace the switch to an electronic one, dipshit.

Anonymous

Dude switching to led lights literally knocked 40 bucks off my electric bill since my roommate refuses to turn her light off EVER.

Anonymous

She knows what you do in the dark, anon.

Anonymous

I hope not……

Anonymous

You can still get incandescent bulbs in the USA at dollar stores. They are made in eastern europe mainly, like bulgaria, poland and bosnia.

Anonymous

Canada banned incandescent cuz they’re gay

Anonymous

>using anything other than candles/oil lanterns
      Take the luddite oil, its best.

Anonymous

*pill

Anonymous

CFL lights are why office workers are going bald.
      The light they give off makes you bald, and probably gay.

Anonymous

fuck off scrote

Anonymous

I don’t know about that. I regularly changed my incandescents, but ever since we switched over to LEDs I’ve never had to replace them.

Anonymous

You are a real woman. You have no womb, you have no ovaries, you have no eggs, but that doesn’t matter. You are a valid human who is trying to feel comfortable in her body.

All the “validation” you get is pure. Behind your back people love you. Your parents are happy and proud of you, your friends laugh at your jokes behind closed doors, and boys love you, and girls envy you.

Men absolutely love you. Trans folk who “pass” look ordinary and natural to a man. Your bone structure does not matter. Estradiol widens the hips.

You will be happy. You will smile every single morning and tell yourself it’s going to be ok, and deep inside you feel the euphoria creeping up like a weed. It is what defines you, not the transphobes.

Eventually, it’ll be perfect for you – you’ll come out, start HRT, get top surgery, and finally be your ideal self. Your parents will find you, happy and relieved that they finally have a happy daughter. They’ll congratulate you on your hard journey, and every passerby for the rest of eternity will know a woman is what you are.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Woke af and incandescentpilled.
      Nothing like the warmth of their light.

Anonymous

Humans are supposed to get the full spectrum of light FROM THE SUN.
      We are supposed to sleep 2-3 hours after the sun sets, once it’s night, it’s time to sleep. Even melatonin production is optimum during that time frame, NATURALLY.
      Wake up at sun shine, start your day off at that time.
      All light bulbs are gnomish tricks, incandescent, CFL, or LED, they are all bad. They got you hooked to stay awake during the night.

Anonymous

>reading under incandescent bulbs: a pleasure
      >reading under globohomo bulbs: tedious
      Fuck all the tech idol worshippers, your new bulbs suck

Anonymous

I hate these new LED garden gnome bulbs

Anonymous

I have a healthy stash of 40 and 60 watt incandescent bulbs but I admit I prefer the longer life of the LEDs. If you miss incandescent light bulbs, just wait till you can’t buy a gasoline or diesel fuel engine. Fuck this world.

Anonymous

Old Edison styles are the true choice. Not as bright but burn longer have a nice welcoming glow.

Anonymous

LED makes continuous lights, just like natural light.
      Incandescent produce light that flicks a random frequency and intensity depending on the electric network and fucks with your brain.

Anonymous

Reminder that this carbon filament bulb has been burning almost non-stop for 116 years.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmvdS3Rxw7I
      It went out a few years back, but it was discovered to be a fault in some modern, computer controlled safety cutoff equipment. Once that was sorted, it came back on again.

Fuck modern shit.

Anonymous

this is what’s annoying, we have the capability to have much greater and more efficient technology than we use day-to-day, but it’s not produced because it wouldn’t be profitable. There has to be a solution to this

Anonymous

>There has to be a solution to this
          anon, I…

Anonymous

I got one of you cunts to make an incandescent lightbulb fashwave meme ages ago, where is it? That was great.

Milk

Yall just need to chill outside.

Remember

The garden gnome fears the sun soaking white man.

Anonymous

I can hear LED and fluorescent bulbs, especially the curly ones. But the garden gnome fears the lava lamp user. I’ve begun using lava lamps with and without the bottle as both lighting and heat sources. Bulbs are fairly cheap, incandescent, and the lamps themselves aren’t that expensive either.

Anonymous

Take the Tilley pill, frens

Anonymous

Where do you find incandescent bulbs anymore?

Anonymous

You may have to import them
        https://www.any-lamp.co.uk

Anonymous

You can probably find them on ebay as well or whatever your local equivalent is.

Anonymous

>Where do you find incandescent bulbs anymore?
        Dollar stores. And they cost $1.00

Anonymous

Home Depot, Walgreens, the freaking grocery store. scrotebrain.

Anonymous

What i think is that the hz range is off
      CFL’s and LED’s have flicker (usually 100hz or so?) which can be tuned to create psychological effects

Incandescent; however, is analog and has no such bastardry programmed into it

I’d say no-flicker fluorescent and LED would fix the health problems both have if such a thing existed

Anonymous

Not all LED’s flicker. Crees do have a 120Hz flicker but its so high few can even percieve it. The more expensive philips and sylvanias often have circuits that dispense with flicker altogether, but you can always test it by using a video camera and looking for resonance bars.

Anonymous

>that dispense with flicker altogether
          No they absolutely do not, lol.

Anonymous

>>that dispense with flicker altogether
            >No they absolutely do not, lol.
            It depends on the circuit. The most simple circuit with dimmer has a 120hz flicker, the more complex circuits have 240Hz which is such a high refresh rate the LED doesn’t even have time to flicker so its not even measurable.
            Its just that the era of the $10/each LED bulb is over and manufacturers are wanting to keep costs down so the circuits are simpler, as well as the design of the bulb itself.
            Early CREE bulbs used a complicated folded board and a plugin heatsink and glass bulb which was clever and allowed for quick assembly but was pricey.
            Nearly all LED makers now use a simple aluminum disc with emitters bonded to it and the edges of the disc touch a thinner heatsink ring and may or may not use compound.
            You almost never see potting compounds anymore, which saves money but lowers lifespan as the circuit boards have no way to dissipate heat.

Anonymous

>t. Phoebus Cartel Philips garden gnome
              I’ve literally shat on you in dozens of threads over the years. Nobody believes your lies and it took government regulation to push your stanky garden gnomebulbs on the populace.

Anonymous

I only use candles and gas lanterns in my house.
      electric light damages the soul.

Anonymous

I bought enough incandescents to last 25 years in 2010 or so. 40, 60, 75, 100’s…. Only cost a couple hundred bucks. Because obama. Fuck that sis.

Anonymous

>this is still pulling hundreds of (You)s
      Bravo.

Anonymous

Truth is the most powerful bait.

Anonymous

Truth found.

Anonymous

Aero-tech is the best light bulb. Nothing else is even remotely close.

Anonymous

you guys are on the right track, but you’re completely oblivious about what’s to come

LiFi tech is already being used in our smart streetlight infrastructure, also LED light is used to transmit data and is going to be the future for cell phones as RF woke af phones are being phased out by LiFi sensors

the scariest part is that LiFi is used in conjunction with the phased array dielectric lens antenna in the smart streetlights to 3d map its surroundings

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mohamed-Mourad-Lafifi/post/Which_the_best_simulation_software_for_LiFi_and_WifI_networks/attachment/5fe8e328d6d0290001a0a181/AS%3A973441612136453%401609097974287/download/Testbed+for+a+LiFi+System+integrated+in+Streetlights.pdf

Anonymous

They can watch you through lights & the wires now.

Anonymous

I got a lamp in the backroom that hasn’t been turned off for at least 13 years, not counting power failures. LED is shit. simple as

Anonymous

it’s much worse than that, anon

Anonymous

i like CFL’s you can grow weed under them

Anonymous

Incandescents flicker too, since its a very low 60Hz power source. They also bombard you with UV which is bad for the skin. The glass bulb provides no filtering whatsoever.

Anonymous

>Incandescents flicker too, since its a very low 60Hz power source.
        Not once the filament comes to temperature, actually. That takes a fraction of a second.

>They also bombard you with UV which is bad for the skin.
        Nubulbs have way more UV.

Anonymous

secede and we go back to incandescent

Anonymous

OPTOGENETICS is the answer you’re all looking for.
      Mind control via light.

Anonymous

halogen>incadescent tho

Anonymous

LEDs are fine. Your real problem is you’re sitting on your ass inside all day. Take the outdoors pill.

Anonymous

I’ve been phasing out my incandescents and compact phosphorescences over the last 5 years with LED bulbs after the "mandate" came down from the scrotes that run things.
      I’ve just been using el cheapo Walmart shit. Seem to work fine, none have failed yet.
      Have no idea if they are saving energy overall or not, and don’t give a shit anyway. Just amazed by these 1st world bullshit problems in the first place, and the amount of energy perpetually butthurt scrotes spend worrying about them.

Anonymous

Walmart Great Value LEDs are utter crap. The worst color, they often are way over their stated wattage and they are very unreliable.
        I figure they come out of chinese prison camps where they hand solder everything. I’ve cracked open a walmart bulb and have seen every sin known to man, from cold solder joints to massive chunks of solder floating around inside to excessive use of flux to no flux to burned insulation on wires, etc.
        This indicates the prisoner has very little actual soldering skills.

I once bought a GV "bug light" and it looked yellow but when I turned it on it changed to a sickly green.

Anonymous

Hmmm, cold solder joint you say there . .
          My experience has been that when I turn the switch to on, they light up.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

About a decade ago I had a very vivid dream, one of those dreams that feels like more than just a dream. It was positing that CFLs were a plot by the reptilians to suppress humans while giving the reptilians more strength somehow… Like the frequency of the light is more suited to their biology.

It was a weird dream at the time but now that you say this, I feel like it’s somewhat corroborated.

Viewing 85 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id