What order should Crowley’s works be read in to understand what he’s talking about?

Home Forums General & off-topic What order should Crowley’s works be read in to understand what he’s talking about?

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

A) What order should Crowley’s works be read in to understand what the fuck he’s talking about?

B) Is there any point in reading Crowley or is he a psyop designed to send people trying to figure out the world on a wild esoteric bullshit goosechase that ends in insanity

Thoughts, anons?

Anonymous

I think he was trying to get people to act weird till they stopped caring about image so they could focus on fixing the planet after they got tired of hedonistic activity. But also have a sense of humor towards being alive and comedy is the best spirituality since it’s healing properties are far greater than awww widdle baby bs.
      The best jokes have layers to them.
      Sometimes you won’t understand them for a few years.

Anonymous

A: I would recommend Jason Louv and Damien Echols as a really easy way to get into ceremonial magick.

B: Not a psyop. Crowley speaks in a lot of codes and he’s a shitposter. You’ll realize that his rituals are very Christian orientated.

I think the best way to understand Crowley is his concept of "holy guardian angel", a phrase he uses instead of "higher-self". On one level, he was very obsessive on biblical imagery and on another level, he renamed it "holy guardian angel" because of how freaking stupid it sounded as to not take it seriously.

What this anon says. You can see the outline of Alan Moore’s creation of John Constantine, the Laughing Magician in this idea. Read Crowley knowing that he is literally shitposting.

Anonymous

>Crowley speaks in a lot of codes and he’s a shitposter.

Shitposted so hard people a century later are still getting triggered. It’s astonishing and alarming that people still get caught up in obvious trolling. Especially here, where online shitposting basically began.

Anonymous

If Crowley selected you as his "best student," that meant he got to do you in the butt, "for magick."

Anonymous

You mean "you gotta do him in the but" and maybe shit him in the mouth. That’s also a good description of the content of his works.

Anonymous

he’s a very interesting figure but if you "follow" him you’re scrotebrained and you’ll get what’s coming to you

Anonymous

Crowley’s material is not designed to work for other people than himself. He knew what he wanted and got it I’m sure. You could as well create your own system

Anonymous

He died alone, broke and in a retirement home. Once his money dried up so did his following.

Anonymous

I haven’t read much but from what I can tell it’s purposefully confusing. You want a situation where only you understand and people have to ask you lots of questions. If I were starting a sex cult I would probably make my text similarly freaking indecipherable.

Anonymous

He was pretty pathetic as far as people who call themselves wizards go. Looks like an egg.

Anonymous

An egg of a perfect being?

Anonymous

More like an egg of having anal sex under the guise of magick.

Anonymous

He realized how much everyone sucks by being an outcast

Anonymous

But yeah hedonist edge lord. Eventually a male thot doing a prehistoric free the nipple protest but more like humans are a bunch of gross scrotes might as well be honest and be broad day about it instead of a flighty wimp.
        Smoke em if you got em

Anonymous

PEAK ANGLO PHYSIQUE

Anonymous

[…]

How am I supposed to believe this is legitimate or helpful when the advert for the discord server doesn’t even use the right form of "break"

Anonymous

You don’t start with Crowley sillly, you have to study esotericism and mysticism before you get what he is talking about, then study the GD documents and finally him.
      It’s go with Book ABA as a starting point for him.

Anonymous

What are some books on mysticism that would lay a good foundation for understanding the GD (presumably golden dawn?) texts and Crowley?

Anonymous

In this order:
          Three Books if Occult Philosophy – Henry Cornelius Aggripa
          Trancendental Magic – Eliphas Levi
          Tree of Life – Israel Regardie
          Mystical Qaballah – Dion Fortune
          Golden Dawn – Israel Regardie
          Then after thise Liber ABA and then go through The Equinox Vol.I 1-10 and Vol.III 1, then Book of Thoth and after that just read whatever you want.

Anonymous

Can you explain why each of these books is in that list? Since you have read all of them cover to cover. Some of them are huge and overlap quite a bit.

St.Peter

me dont trust that guy.
      im more into samael aun weor

Anonymous

>claims to be immortal
        >dies

Anonymous

Don’t DO Crowley’s Magick. There’s traps and pitfalls in them as a ‘joke’ to purposely screw a neophyte up! Magick is also not free! You will pay for it in some way. Crowley and company didn’t give a damn about the consequences to themselves. One of those prices or consequences can be to personally see the insides of a mental ward. Crowley was willing to pay that price, and so was I – are you? IOW, summoning Pan and treating him like some deb’bil and drawing your protection circle on the ceiling isn’t advisable! For instance, Pan is the root of PANIC, and that’s what Crowley got and that’s what you’ll get!!

Anonymous

>blaze it, OMG
        This the counter-larp to the original larp? freaking kek, sis. All Magic after Eliphas Levi and Blavatsky are scrotebrained larps.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

I WILT GET bonked IN THE DESERT
        I WILT EAT DA POOP
        I WILT PISS AWAY ALL THE WEALTH I INHERITED FROM MY FATHER
        I WILT BE A MAGICK IAN

Anonymous

cool

Anonymous

Kek. Consummate syncretist larpers. Dabbling in everything and mixing everything up. "Crossing the abyss". Nonsense larp trying to copy tantra shit. You’re all neither funny trolls nor entertaining cosplayers. Just scrotes
            >cool

Anonymous

Woke af and truthpilled. We should really uncomplicate life. First order of business should be closing LULZ down and gradually removing the internet from its place at the center of the collective conciousness. Get visualizin.

Anonymous

>and yet you live in a society

Anonymous

Cringe Buddhism nihilist attitude.
            >duuuuude I’m gonna die one day so nothing matters maaaan
            It’s about leaving behind a legacy and leaving the world in. A better spot and your people in A better spot then they were for you. Just because my existence will end doesn’t make it worthless or meaningless, it’s ok that things end but their impact can be eternal. Our whole modern world is shaped by the choices Romans made 2000 years ago. Just because their empire and culture died doesn’t mean it had no meaning.

In short, you shouldn’t be an apathetic nihilist because you learned that you will die and that eventually the planet will die. If you care about the movement, care about the big picture moment, as in the moment (of millions of years hopefully!) that earth and humans will exists, not just the moment of your life.

Anonymous

scrotebrain, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t care. It’s just to realize impermanence and stop being miserable when shit you own don’t last or when you think shit that makes you suffer will last forever. Also, I see you have cringe Buddhist compassion.

Anonymous

I don’t see how those exclude one another.

Anonymous

scrotebrain, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t care. It’s just to realize impermanence and stop being miserable when shit you own don’t last or when you think shit that makes you suffer will last forever. Also, I see you have cringe Buddhist compassion.

Really? My veiw that life in the present, last and future generations matters doesn’t conflict with the idea you shouldn’t really care and should just focus on being happy in the present? I’m not being facetious, I’m genuinely curious about your/this veiw. Because my life veiw is that I would like to set up my kids and kids kids to have good lives; that’s what makes it worth it for me to peruse things other then my own happiness 24/7, it’s why great leaders co where’d new lands and sacked foreign lands, it all goes back to making sure your family and people are set up for success in the future

Anonymous

>the idea you shouldn’t really care
                  that’s not the idea.

it’s common misconception that eastern philosophies are nihilistic.

it’s more like you aren’t forced by the future. it’s the difference between making wonderful clothes because you take bride in your work and cutting every corner just to make money.

>that’s what makes it worth it for me to peruse things other then my own happiness 24/7
                  if every generation only thinks about the next, no one will ever take time to actually enjoy any of it and it’s all for nothing.

Anonymous

The real occult is the sciences and humanities, the rest is just fake

Anonymous

No. The real occult is the friends we made along the way…

Anonymous

Charlatan swindling rich aristocrats of their money, don’t even bother

ARNO

freaking woke af man

Anonymous

spinner4

Anonymous

>A)
      Read Liber ABA/Book 4 then Gems from the Equinox/The Equinox itself if you feel inclined.
      >B)
      I think it’s worth being familiar with his work. Much of his writing is pretty interesting and sometimes quite funny. For example, in The Vision and the Voice he describes more or less experiencing other planes of existence and learning how to conquer them. Also, he reviews books for hundreds of pages in the Equinox, and you’d think it would be boring, but it’s freaking hilarious because he shit talks almost everyone. Don’t believe the hype. Also, I’ll tell you a secret: in Liber ABA, specifically in Magick in Theory and Practice in Liber ABA, WWI is described as a blood sacrifice to initiate a new aeon if you read the foot notes. Okay, it’s not really a secret, but nobody ever talks about it.

Anonymous

Yes.

Anonymous

ok so this got quite conflicting.
      Did Crowley say some interesting stuff but muddled it to oblivion, or is it unapologetic drivel?

Anonymous

I dunno, man. He said the goetic demons are parts of our brain at the start of his edition of the goetia. And then when that aiwass shit came around, he couldn’t very well say aiwass was just a part of his brain, because it wouldn’t have been something fitting for a prophet to say. Kinda clues you in that he’d say one thing one moment and another thing in the next moment, whichever way was convenient for him

Anonymous

any part of his works are reasonable enough to read? Who should i read instead?

Anonymous

Read whatever and make up your own mind. Personally, I think a lot of magic after the Golden Dawn is just tainted with transcendental larps.

Anonymous

first understand if you learn astrology from Crowley you will go to hell.

second this should clear up any resistance you have to learning the Tarot

the Tarot is the Book of Thoth and Crowley wrote a Book as a companion to his Tarot called the Book of Thoth

This contains all the information of the Tree of Life

Anonymous

If you’re going to read any Crowley, read Moonchild. I don’t particularly care about his magick system, or even remember the details although I studied it long ago, but Moonchild is a terrific novel. It’s easily a top 20 GOAT.

Anonymous

a. He’s just an idiot who thinks God is evil for telling him not to sin, his whole motto is "do whatever you want" but worded like a scrote

b. wouldn’t be surprised if there was some mkuItra or similar connection to him, but I don’t care enough to research

Anonymous

Why I assure you that anal sex is a necessary step to understanding the afterlife

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id