More than 9% of people are 80iq or under

Home Forums General & off-topic More than 9% of people are 80iq or under

• This topic has 148 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>A little over 9% of people are 80iq or under

What the FUCK?
      Is picrel really true? Has anyone here interacted with low iq individuals? What can be done about this problem?

Anonymous

>makes an entire post just to lie about how low IQ people really are cognitively speaking

Anonymous

Are they not that way? I can’t say I’ve ever really interacted with an 80iq person.

Anonymous

Ask me how I know you have a scrotebrained Down’s Syndrome freak as a sister or a cousin.

Anonymous

I don’t

Anonymous

>Has anyone here interacted with low iq individuals?
      Yeah

Anonymous

i kek’d

Anonymous

3pbp

Anonymous

OP utterly BTFO’d

Anonymous

rekt

Anonymous

pretty accurate. I have met people like that, natives from northern canada, heavy alcoholics that have suffered head injuries.

Anonymous

Brazilian here, half the country here is like that

Anonymous

come to brazil

Anonymous

Jair Bolsonaro is your president, STFU

Anonymous

>autists can emulate theory of mind
      Is the difference that it’s not as "intuitive" an understanding of other people? I’d argue it might not be genuinely different if it’s good enough "emulation".

Anonymous

It think it’s totally different. Just emulating superficial differences doesn’t mean you actually understand it
        Someone emulating empathy would just drop the pretense as soon as it’s not beneficial to do so anymore

Anonymous

But we’re talking theory of mind, not empathy.

It can’t be that an approximation doesn’t count, since some animals are considered to have theory of mind despite having no comprehension of what a human is actually thinking.

Anonymous

Well there’s at least one big difference, in how about you come to understand others and end up viewing them
            If you naturally have the ability you don’t think about it
            But if you have to use knowledge and experience to understand other people your relation to them will not be the same.
            You see this with autistis on /r9k/ all the time, they just hate having to mingle with normies since it’s a considerable mental effort

Anonymous

Basically everyone who posts online is above average intellect. Srs. We’re all like introvert nerds on the web.

Anonymous

Milscrote here, I have seen the most unbelievably dumb shit

Anonymous
        Anonymous

story time?

Anonymous

10x alligator death roll

Anonymous

[…]

I assume he means that the color of the houses would go from yellow to green, but misworded it a bit. You’re probably meant to map the arrow on the houses rather than the street.

Anonymous

nvm, didn’t read the "from yellow to green" sentence

Anonymous

it’s okay anon, we can’t all be 100+ iq

Anonymous

What do you mean? I did eat breakfast and lunch.

Anonymous

Cull/sterlize <100IQ. Include dual n-back in education for 100-130 IQ.

Anonymous

That’s racist.

Anonymous

Why dual n-back ? At best it should only be 10 minutes per day. You need actual learning about the world for the rest of the time like what is already done today. Perhaps using spaced repetitions software like anki to help with long term retention might help too.

Anonymous

Dual (triple, quad, etc…) n-back has a glimmer of a chance to be actually effective in raising IQ. Anecdotal, but I have raised my IQ from ~134 to ~147 through a year and a half of doing it 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week; checked with decent online tests (different ones each time, obviously) and two actual psychologist administered ones. I do think it has made me think more clearly, and it did give me crazy dream recall.
          Ofc it shouldn’t consume the entire school day. I do think kids should be doing it regularly for some short period in school. It’s fun to laugh at IQlets and feed genetic blackpills but I don’t think people should be doomed to midwittism if they could possibly help it. However there is a minimum trainability.

Anonymous

thanks anon. this thread was kinda all over the place in general and although I disagree with your Thanos snap politics I really do appreciate you telling us about this dual n-back stuff. I’m gonna do it and try and join mensa or something idk

Anonymous

>Thanos snap politics
              I was half-joking, I am admittly to much of a lolbert to unironically support wholesale slaughter. Nothing overly coercive, the extent should be encouragement and nudging dummies to not have kids and the opposite for smart people.
              Pro tip make sure your sessions are at least 20 minutes and do it consistently. Don’t worry about plateauing on levels; a lot of people get stuck on 4-back and the max I’ve heard someone doing is 12-back. Keep at it regardless.

Anonymous

all good and yeah I’m gonna use this:
                https://brainscale.net/dual-n-back
                and their suggestions sound like what you’re talking about. is this the one you use/used?

Anonymous

That one is fine but after a while it makes you wait a minute between each round so that you’ll pay for their shit. I use http://brainworkshop.sourceforge.net

Anonymous

cool I’ll save this one too

this is now an IQ raising thread
                    anyone try racetams or other nootropics? I think they’re pretty sweet

Anonymous

That doesn’t fry your brain? Maybe n-back uncovers the reason why I can’t live up to my higher IQ, because 15-20 minutes of n-back exhausts my brain and fucks up any other intellectual endeavors for hours. It’s why I’ve never stuck with n-back for more than a few weeks, it just feels like my mental energy could be better used on something that I know well provide some eventual benefit.

Anonymous

Really n-back probably just reels in adhd without meds which lets you concentrate to your full potential instead of having a song playing in your head, thinking about dinner, worrying about bills next week, thinking about that last show you watched/game you played, all at the same time. Probably knocks off a few IQ points because the tests are timed. I always find myself trying to stop thinking about those things but then the meta act of thinking about thinking only makes it worse.

Anonymous

>9% of people are 80iq or under
      Even more in the dumb parts of the world.

Anonymous

It won’t be that obvious because there are other factors at play and all people most of the time are just on socially-determined autopilot.

Anonymous

I grew up in Africa where that’s about 60% of the population.
      >What can be done about this problem?
      Why is it a "problem", they lead happy productive lives. The only problem is trying to force them into modern Western economic structures. There are plenty of jobs that low IQs can do that pay enough to feed themselves. Not everyone needs to work in the high tech or finance sectors.

Watson was right about that. Instead of cruelly trying to push them through Western education and watered down university, you should instead focus on creating jobs catering to them. Literal downies can work in a coffee shop. But most people can work on a manufacturing line or pick produce.

I short you need to generate more manufacturing jobs using manual labour since agri is saturated.

Anonymous

If suspect that the Chinese have every interest in that not happening.

Anonymous

if you’re nice, charming, and attractive people may overestimate you by like 30 pts

Anonymous

Remember guys, you share democratic vote with these people.

Anonymous

>is picrel true
      yes
      >has anyone interacted with these people
      several times as i work in neuropsychiatrics
      >what can be done
      why should something be done? is low intelligence automatically a handicap? are people with 150+ IQ whose only mission in life is spreading autistic war slogans on incel forums contributing more to society than a 75IQ sandwich maker?

Anonymous

I think we’d be a lot better off if everyone could at least handle hypotheticals.

Anonymous

We’re really still animals who managed to make basic concepts abstract for whatever reason and form complex societies. The only thing that separates our complex societies from a pod of dolphins is that we’ve been blessed with bipedalism and hands and turning death into a subconscious abstract concept has led us to form civilizations and destroy them.

Anonymous

>A little over 9% of people are 80iq or under
      no that’s wrong.
      The global average IQ is around 83 and falling every year so the reality is that it’s actually much much higher

Anonymous

>The global average IQ is around 83
        the average score on IQ tests is 100 anon

Anonymous

So europeans are actually 117IQ?

Anonymous

Do you think anime lovers are lower or higher IQ on average?

Anonymous

They’re more autistic.
        back when it took effort to track down the video files and install subs files there was definitely an ability threshold.

Anonymous

You have to be able to use a computer and read subtitles to consume most anime outside of Japan so yes. Same as with any other category that automatically filters the sub-85s

Anonymous

as a geniuine concern, woke af on how some behavioral conditions (borderline) do have exposure to one listed on the handbook (diagnostic manual) so going on this basis,is exposure to low iqs possible? it is of severe concern and can be used as a false flag to keep the brainlets out of LULZ mandated IQ test and etc

Anonymous

meant exposure to low IQ’s being a possible factor in lowering it ? just like exposure to narcisiccim is a real thing

Anonymous

It’s normalized, you miserable disgusting little midwit. 50% of people are below 100 IQ.

Anonymous

What does that have to do with a little over 9% of people being under 80 iq?

Anonymous

If IQ is statistically normalized, 9% of people are always going to be under 80 IQ. Even if the world’s intelligence increases massively, if you re-normalize it, 9% of people are still going to be under 80IQ

Anonymous

Did you read op’s image?
            The issue here is not that a certain amount of people are under an arbitrary number, it’s that a large chunk of people (seemingly) cannot handle basic human functions.
            >Time is practically impossible to understand for sub 80’s

Anonymous

It’s normalized to 1960s white Americans. The planet’s average IQ is below 100.

Anonymous

My IQ was professionally tested at 88 and I have no problem with any of those tasks, so I’m either one of the ‘lucky’ 5% or it’s just bullshit made up by /poo/ so that they can talk about how black people should be euthanized some more. The ‘hacked by nazis’ line makes me think it’s the latter.

Anonymous

This post is pretty funny to read. At first, you come of as a fairly articulate person. Then in the second sentence you show a weakness in modeling the identities/motivations of the people in and/or writing the greentext conversation that corresponds to the kind of thing this would predict.

Anonymous

Guys like him have their IQ lowered because of the overhead of being in a perpetual state of seething.

Anonymous

>tested at 88
        >hacked by nazis
        kek
        Irony? On my LULZ?

Anonymous

according to your assumption, you’re not the lucky 5%, you’re exactly like the type described in OPs image

Anonymous

Dunno, just looked up the thread it was posted in and it looks like my assumption was pretty accurate.

Anonymous

Dunno, just looked up the thread it was posted in and it looks like my assumption was pretty accurate.

What possible reason could one have to believe such a wild idea?

Anonymous

Reminder.

Anonymous

That image assumes you interact with a group of people representative of the population. It’s simply not true if you live in a decent neighborhood, have a decent job, and are decently educated.

Anonymous

Correct, there are exceptions to the rule. Not everybody lives in a white suburban neighborhood.

Anonymous

The average for American whites is very close to 100. Adjusting to middle class income only brings it up a couple of points.

So even in the suburbs close to half the population are below 100.

Anonymous

You can look up the National assessment of adult literacy, look at the question levels and see how many people get them right to get a good judgment of how smart different segments of the population are.
      https://nces.ed.gov/NAAL/sample_items.asp

Anonymous
          Anonymous

>Percent who answered correctly – 59.6%
          Jesus Christ help us.

Anonymous

Amerilards factoring in linner and dunch, the 5th and 6th most important meals of the day.

Anonymous

>unless otherwise directed by your doctor
          Very sneaky trick question. The answer is actually 12:00 as long as your doctor says it’s ok.

Anonymous

Nice troll.
            There’s no indication that the patient has been otherwise directed by his doctor.

Anonymous
          Anonymous

3:35

t. 88 IQ

Anonymous

Wrong. It’s 2:57

Anonymous

Technically, yes, practically, no. Why would you ride from where you are already at to downtown, just to ride back on the same 3:35 bus and arrive at the same time?

Anonymous

>arrive at the same time
                You’d actually arrive half an hour later.
                Anyway, very weaselly if it is a trick question.
                But maybe that explains why correct answers were only 36%.

Anonymous

>Math
      >You know what I mean
      I don’t. I have a freaking bachelors in math, aced most of my senior level math courses, and would still be described as sub 90 IQ by that guy.

Anonymous

The speaks more to the deterioration of university standards than it does to your competency I’m afraid.

Anonymous

Well I got published in JHEP three times, each with 20+ citations. Is that also deteriorating in quality? It appears you failed to consider the hypothetical that maybe I’m dyslexic.

Anonymous

>Is that also deteriorating in quality?
            Yes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>17.6% answered correctly

Anonymous

Makes sense, I have no idea what the foot to yard conversion is.

Anonymous

3ft = 1 yard

Anonymous

Sure, I used google to check afterwards what it was. But I’m assuming that wasn’t an option for the test takers.

Anonymous

What the fuck? I can understand not being able to read a bus table if you don’t live in a city or something, but not being able to calculate the area of a rectangle? Maybe it’s the carpet being sold in terms of square yards that tripped some people up.

Anonymous

How about this?

Anonymous

What the fuck? There’s no way that this is a representative sample of the US. I refuse to believe it.

Anonymous

And that’s in 2003.
              If you were to repeat the test again today the scores would be even lower, for, uh, reasons.

Anonymous
              Anonymous

I think the dotted lines threw them off. They probably drew the dot above the dotted line, ending the "trend" of being below the dotted line. Or something.

Anonymous

They better mark the people who places marks lower than the very first point as correct, or the researches are actual brainlets.

Anonymous

Looks like they marked it right to me.

Anonymous

You could place a dot between two dots, just below the previous dots, no?

Anonymous

Yeesh, that’s grim.

Anonymous

>40% answered correctly

Anonymous

How about this?

anyone know where to take the test this guy’s posting the website just shows results from what I’ve seen

Anonymous

In this case, not getting an accurate answer may correlate having a higher IQ to some extent.

Anonymous

How so?

Anonymous

By not being a burger

Anonymous

you don’t need to know what an ounce actually is to solve that problem

Anonymous

Mine.

Anonymous

oh no no no

Anonymous

So what are your thoughts on the OP image?

Anonymous

I can visualize things fairly well in my head, so I’m pretty sure my iq is not that low, but english is not my native language + my fluid intelligence is crap, after years of sedentarism, passivity, isolation, cooming and not producing 1 single original thought. I feel like i fried my brain over the years and i’m only 16. Wouldn’t be surprised if i get diagnosed with some form of ADHD, autism or any shit like that. And is such an irony that as a kid i was considered extremely inteligent and one of my best in every school i went to

Anonymous

>and i’m only 16.
            Sorry kid, you must be 18 or older to go on this ride

Anonymous

blueboard, safe for kids

Anonymous

MODSSSSSSS

Anonymous

>gets himself banned
            IQ checks out

Anonymous

LOL

Anonymous

>Has anyone here interacted with low iq individuals?
      How have you not???
      >What can be done about this problem?
      Vote Democrat and/or eugenic purges.

Anonymous

>Vote Democrat

Anonymous

>Vote

Anonymous

it’s more like 13%

Anonymous

Thinly veiled brave shill thread

Anonymous

>dual nback
      I’m unimpressed
      http://www.pnas.org/content/105/19/6829.full.pdf

Anonymous

Sure I’ve known plenty of people like that, but I self-segregate myself so I talk to people who are usually at least of middling intelligence.

They’re a combination of less prepared for the real world but simultaneously naive enough to be unconcerned by the fact that they’re completely bonked. Also they actually reproduce so they’re always going to be more plentiful than the kind of people who jerk off to their gigabrains.

Anonymous

1/2
      >In this story, one of the characters must be describing a story with at least two named characters, each of whom have at least one line of dialogue.
      I kind of wonder if most people being tested were actually too stupid to understand these concepts or if they are the types whose eyes just glaze over when they’re explained those concepts in ‘technical’ sounding language.
      A child in school might be easily able to tell such a story and do so all the time to his friends. But sit the child down in a room with a sheet of paper using boring ‘adult’ sound language and tell him YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK and you can see the spark kind of die in his eyes.

>How do you think that man felt when you beat him?
      >Dunno.
      Just sounds like an evasive, unengaged answer. Yeah, they may be stupid and emotionally undeveloped but again, think of a child.
      If they’re asked how another person felt and they say "I don’t know…." it’s not necessarily because they actually can’t conceive of others having feelings. It’s because they’re becoming withdrawn and inarticulate because they’re overwhelmed with shame.

RE: the thing about meals at the beginning, I wonder if most of them might demonstrate understanding that they’d feel hungry and maybe unwell if they missed a meal and probably would even complain and discuss it with other inmates if it ever happened to them. They’d probably feel anxiety if someone told them that their meals might be taken away as punishment. And they’d probably even be able to understand a scenario in which you were saying it might happen but it might not, we’re not sure yet.
      What they don’t understand is the POINT of the hypotheticals and being asked these questions. They don’t have any concept of these sorts of experiments. I don’t think most people with average IQs do either. They’re just aware that they’re a ‘thing’ and vaguely think of them as being helpful to some section of society.

Anonymous

I had to read this comment on another board a few times to get it. How high does that make my IQ?
      >Goofing with your friends will never not be something people wont enjoy.

Anonymous

Honestly I’m still not entirely sure I understand it.

Anonymous

some university in my country once discovered that one in four new law students didn’t even know the rule of three

Anonymous

Wow, that’s really racist and antisemite.

Anonymous

Sounds like larp to me

Anonymous

Describes blacks perfectly. Weird.

Anonymous

High-IQ psychopath here. So you’re saying that if I didn’t have to constantly expend brain power brute-force modeling the people around me, I wouldn’t be mentally exhausted all the time?
      So the normies are literally killing me with their mere presence. I freaking knew it.

Anonymous

No, you’re just mentally deficient and waste brain power on things that normal people’s brains handle no problem subconsciously.

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id